Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2023, 22:21   #2341
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

I'm planning to exchange my Innova Crysta with Invicto.The reason for choosing Invicto Zeta is simply lesser waiting period.I don't mind the lack of features but someone put me in a dilemma by mentioning that Invicto Zeta is about 100kgs lighter than Hycross Vx.I couldn't verify kerb weight of Hycross from any reliable source,the kerb weight of Invicto Zeta is 1620kgs ,which is available in the brochure itself.I'm wondering what could lead to such drastic weight savings,if the difference is found out to be true.
Old 1st October 2023, 11:12   #2342
BHPian

Hi all, can't we turn off the headlight in GX. It's either auto or dim or manual. Is that the same in ZX as well?
Old 1st October 2023, 12:13   #2343
BHPian

“The worst part about the hycross is that you can’t have it!!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystafan View Post
Hi all, can't we turn off the headlight in GX. It's either auto or dim or manual. Is that the same in ZX as well?
Yes. But the auto works very well for me. I have never not had the lights on when needed. Although the brightness leaves much to be desired!

In fact it has spoilt me. Now when I drive other cars, I often forget to turn off the lights and pull the parking breaks.

Has anyone else noticed a significant lag when using wireless CarPlay?

Siri is triggered after a couple of seconds. Videos played on the phone have a lag in sound coming from the speakers. When typing, the click sounds of the keyboard are delayed (and annoying).

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st October 2023 at 12:26.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 12:06   #2344
BHPian

Has anyone notice squeaking noise while braking at parking speeds, specially Hybrid variants, at first i thought it was because of new brake pads and it will go away after some usage, but after 6000km it is still present.

The squeaking happen only when the car is first started and moved from the parking area after it is not used for a couple of hours.
manofinfinity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 13:59   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
Has anyone else noticed a significant lag when using wireless CarPlay?
Yes. There is a lag while using Wireless CarPlay. Siri takes it own time to say how can i help you, etc and it is indeed annoying, however i think i'm used to it already.
Old 2nd October 2023, 21:28   #2346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Has anyone notice squeaking noise while braking at parking speeds, specially Hybrid variants, at first i thought it was because of new brake pads and it will go away after some usage, but after 6000km it is still present.

The squeaking happen only when the car is first started and moved from the parking area after it is not used for a couple of hours.
Yes, I believe it's because of rust forming on the brake discs. Since regenerative braking takes care of the majority of the braking, the disc brakes aren't used as much, leading to light surface rust forming on them in wet conditions. Just get it up to highway speeds, shift to neutral and then brake with medium force. This will force the disc brakes to work and will clean it up.

You can also see this if you park your car right after washing with the electric parking brake applied, it will lead to the rear discs rusting to the pad and won't disengage properly the next day. Driving it off makes a loud "SKRUUNK" sound for a moment. I just park without engaging the E-brake right after washing the car to avoid it. Just put it in P and then press the e-brake disengage button to prevent it from auto setting the parking brake and turn the car off.

Last edited by Cresterk : 2nd October 2023 at 21:29.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 22:11   #2347
Distinguished - BHPian

The lower variant of the 2023 RAV4 also gets the same instrument cluster as what the HyCross gets in its Hybrid trims.

Looking at this, it seems there is an outside chance that we can swap the instrument cluster to the complete digital one available with the RAV4 on the HyCross…

CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 23:00   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Yes, I believe it's because of rust forming on the brake discs. Since regenerative braking takes care of the majority of the braking, the disc brakes aren't used as much, leading to light surface rust forming on them in wet conditions. Just get it up to highway speeds, shift to neutral and then brake with medium force. This will force the disc brakes to work and will clean it up.
Got it, is there any other way to clean up the disc brakes in general driving or it will clean on its own after some usage.
Old 3rd October 2023, 00:11   #2349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The lower variant of the 2023 RAV4 also gets the same instrument cluster as what the HyCross gets in its Hybrid trims.

Looking at this, it seems there is an outside chance that we can swap the instrument cluster to the complete digital one available with the RAV4 on the HyCross…

https://Youtu.be/3VSkfTECXQk?feature=shared
The Corolla cross also has the same instrument cluster as the Hycross.
https://www.autobics.com/wp-content/...nt-Cluster.jpg

They updated the cluster in the top model this year to this very good looking unit that is hopefully plug and play in the Hycross. I would love to try it if I could get my hands on it.

https://images.carexpert.com.au/resi...-hybrid-42.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Got it, is there any other way to clean up the disc brakes in general driving or it will clean on its own after some usage.

I have mentioned how to do it in my earlier reply. While driving, shift to Neutral and then press the brake and the electric motors won't kick in with regenerative braking. Just doing this once is enough to clear up any rust buildup.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 12:48   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Anyone else randomly get notifications on their phone about something being left in the rear seat?
Have there been any suggestions to resolve this?
I get these too and tried lights etc. based on the thread replies but nothing seems to work
Old 3rd October 2023, 13:44   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystafan View Post
Have there been any suggestions to resolve this?
I get these too and tried lights etc. based on the thread replies but nothing seems to work
I also have the same issue, has anyone found a solution?
Old 4th October 2023, 11:17   #2352
BHPian

I wanted advise on how to avoid scratches on the painted surface beyond footmats, the area which is covered by the door when doors are shut.

In my earlier car, there was a chrome scruff plate with branding. There is no scruff plate in Hycross. Invariably, passengers slide their footwear across this area while getting in/ out of the car and this gets scratched. What are the solutions for fixing this?

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycrossfootboardscratch.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
I also have the same issue, has anyone found a solution?
No solution except to turn off the notifications. Another challenge is that there is a lag in the app while updating the status of doors closed. Even after locking the car, it shows the doors as open until a few refreshes.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2023 at 22:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 4th October 2023, 18:49   #2353

Adding a plug n play type of DSP Amplifier will impact the warranty?
For example, something like JBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post

The drop-in replacement speakers from Focal look good. These have high sensitivity and seem to work welll with stock amplification.

2-Way components can be used in front. (Need to check on compatibility with Dealer).
https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...tar/is-toy-165

And co-axials in the back
https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...tar/ic-toy-165
Any idea what's the price range of this speakers? And also any store we can check out this in Bangalore

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th October 2023 at 18:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 4th October 2023, 21:58   #2354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
I wanted advise on how to avoid scratches on the painted surface beyond footmats, the area which is covered by the door when doors are shut.

In my earlier car, there was a chrome scruff plate with branding. There is no scruff plate in Hycross. Invariably, passengers slide their footwear across this area while getting in/ out of the car and this gets scratched. What are the solutions for fixing this?
My detailer added some good quality PPF over there for a nominal charge along with the ceramic coating. It is working well and I have no marks at all there. Would highly recommend getting PPF on high risk areas instead of ugly, overpriced plastic covered with chrome.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 22:22   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payyans View Post
Any idea what's the price range of this speakers? And also any store we can check out this in Bangalore
I have seen these speakers online on dolphin accessories. See links below

6.5 inch Component (21k) : https://dolphinaccessories.com/produ...cal-is-165-toy

6.5 inch co-axial (16.5k) : https://dolphinaccessories.com/produ...cal-ic-toy-165

Combo of both: https://dolphinaccessories.com/produ...play-combo-kit

I had enquired for these on few of shops on JC Road. Few had regular Focal speakers. None of them had the TOY (Toyota) version. Asked me to pay advance to get these.

I also asked my showroom Ravindu Toyota. They said, I can get these speakers and they can install. Also told me if speakers are compatible and can be installed without cuts, warranty will be intact (this was only a oral communication. There is nothing concrete in writing anywhere).

I am also in dilemma on where to get the speakers upgraded without impact on warranty. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing upgrade of speakers with beefy amplifiers. There is no comment on warranty on any of these.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks