Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2023, 09:14   #2266
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
I am a big believer in stretching initially to buy a higher model instead of going for a lower one and spend on accessories. Turns out better from resale value and fit and finish perspective.... and also from flaunt value perspective as well if you care about it. So see how much you really plan to spend on accessories and count that figure as delta between the two models, and not 2 lacs.

Black ageha has a novelty factor attached to it for now as you don't see many car around in that shade in any brand.

Sun roof is a really big one and does make a difference to rear passengers when it's not too sunny. At the end of the day it's a feel good feature but a really good one at that. See how much premium you want to give to that while making your calculations.
Thanks for all the valuable suggestions.
We have thought about following decisions:
1. Stick on to VX, especially since 6 airbags are available in this from now onwards. Just for Sunroof (which kids are crazy about, but decided to drop due to cost/benefit), 10 inch screens and less effective fog lamps (available as accessory), buggy wireless carplay - did not feel the worth of 2.5 lakhs extra spend.
2. Changing color from Black Ageha to Super white. It was always confusing as to whether Pearl White or Super white is to be selected. Any comments would be great. What I learnt is that Pearl white is more novel, and involves 3 coat of paints including a glitter feel in outside. Super white is normal white paint, which may be easier to maintain later. In most fortuners and innovas, I have seen many cars on the road with a yellow fade in the white cars - I felt sad to see that, but I am not sure what color it is - is it Pearl White or Super White that turns yellowish over years of use?
Old 10th September 2023, 12:06   #2267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuttappanAbhi View Post
Thanks for all the valuable suggestions.
We have thought about following decisions:
1. Stick on to VX, especially since 6 airbags are available in this from now onwards. Just for Sunroof (which kids are crazy about, but decided to drop due to cost/benefit), 10 inch screens and less effective fog lamps (available as accessory), buggy wireless carplay - did not feel the worth of 2.5 lakhs extra spend.
2. Changing color from Black Ageha to Super white. It was always confusing as to whether Pearl White or Super white is to be selected. Any comments would be great. What I learnt is that Pearl white is more novel, and involves 3 coat of paints including a glitter feel in outside. Super white is normal white paint, which may be easier to maintain later. In most fortuners and innovas, I have seen many cars on the road with a yellow fade in the white cars - I felt sad to see that, but I am not sure what color it is - is it Pearl White or Super White that turns yellowish over years of use?
It is Pearl white; any day pearl white is more novel & looks better. Super white is mainly used for commercial purpose. I'll recommend avoiding this, as pearl white can be maintained through annual rubbing/polish practice to avoid yellowing.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Toyota India doesn't provide Hycross for commercial purpose to keep it's exclusivity and they continue Crysta for commercial purpose.

Also, the Hybrid Hycross is way too expensive for fleet purpose & Non-Hybrid has very high running cost.
Ajitesh_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 15:11   #2268
BHPian

Found this comparison of 225/50R18
https://www.thetirelab.com/225-50-R18/summer/

Any idea which of these is easily available in India and approximate price points?
Old 10th September 2023, 15:12   #2269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
References like -
(1) ok to drive in good weather but visibility is poor in rainy conditions (or any other).
(2) Need to cut down speed by a certain kmph compared to other reference cars.
(3) Cannot go beyond certain kmph in pitch dark conditions on a tar road.

1. It's bad even in good weather if there are other cars on the road. In heavy rains you might as well be driving with the headlights off. The lights are just too dim to register, especially when there are oncoming cars.

2. You will be slowing down quite a lot especially if someone in front of you doesn't dim their lights. Their side of the road will be lit but yours will look pitch black in comparison.

3. No, it works decently well in pitch black conditions because your eyes will adjust to the darkness and headlight output will be enough to see. However, if it is raining, the road appears like a void and you won't be able to see potholes or speedbreakers.

Why it is done is beyond me. Toyota generally provides decent headlights but they really missed the mark this time around. It could be legal restrictions abroad on amount of light allowed to be emitted to prevent blinding oncoming traffic or just pure cost cutting. Either way, the light output is very low compared to stock Xenon projectors or even good reflector Halogens in older cars. If you look closely at this headlight, you will find that the LED bulbs themselves are not even visible. They are tucked away above and the light is output via reflection.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 15:36   #2270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitesh_Drive View Post

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Toyota India doesn't provide Hycross for commercial purpose to keep it's exclusivity and they continue Crysta for commercial purpose.

Also, the Hybrid Hycross is way too expensive for fleet purpose & Non-Hybrid has very high running cost.
The HyCross is already being bought by fleet operators…

The VX Hybrid 7S is their preferred choice and I have seen many fleet owned super white Hycross hybrids on the road.
Old 10th September 2023, 19:21   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
It is Pearl white; any day pearl white is more novel & looks better. Super white is mainly used for commercial purpose. I'll recommend avoiding this, as pearl white can be maintained through annual rubbing/polish practice to avoid yellowing.

Thanks, I will try to change color to Pearl White. Super white is usually taken by taxis, I understand. I already saw many of them white hyrcross taxis in a bike trip to Leh area just 2 weeks back.
KuttappanAbhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 19:39   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
1. It's bad even in good weather if there are other cars on the road. In heavy rains you might as well be driving with the headlights off. The lights are just too dim to register, especially when there are oncoming cars.

Why it is done is beyond me. Toyota generally provides decent headlights but they really missed the mark this time around. It could be legal restrictions abroad on amount of light allowed to be emitted to prevent blinding oncoming traffic or just pure cost cutting. Either way, the light output is very low compared to stock Xenon projectors or even good reflector Halogens in older cars. If you look closely at this headlight, you will find that the LED bulbs themselves are not even visible. They are tucked away above and the light is output via reflection.
The only option left i think is to swap the whole headlight module, i have seen many indonesian zenix/hycross doing headlight swap on instagram.
We have to just wait until the come to Indian market.
Old 10th September 2023, 19:45   #2273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Personally think Pearl White looks like a faded offwhite colour, like normal white that has aged but that's just personal preference so I won't talk about it.

However, do not rub or polish your paint for no reason, especially not annually. Each time you polish your car, you take off a layer of clear coat. Do it enough times and you will end up having to repaint your car. 1 year is not enough time for the paint to dull even if left out in the Sun and rain continuously. The best way to maintain paint is by washing properly and waxing every few months to ensure there is a protective layer over the clearcoat.
Old 10th September 2023, 20:01   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
The only option left i think is to swap the whole headlight module, i have seen many indonesian zenix/hycross doing headlight swap on instagram.
We have to just wait until the come to Indian market.
Do you really want to swap out the original Toyota module for some clone made by an unknown company? Personally I'm hesitant to. Bulbs themselves have specific standards, are made by reputed OEMs and have a massive customer base so has enough r&d going to it right from design to production. These clones are made for a specific model of a specific car so audience too is small and doesn't have as much R&D investment put into it. Not to mention possible copyright/patent violations mean that they are generally not made by large, well reputed companies either, atleast for the initial few years of a new model.

It will definitely be brighter, but I'm unsure how long it would last or if there would be any water entry or electrical issues.

Last edited by Cresterk : 10th September 2023 at 20:07.
Old 10th September 2023, 20:46   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The HyCross is already being bought by fleet operators…

The VX Hybrid 7S is their preferred choice and I have seen many fleet owned super white Hycross hybrids on the road.
Yes Hycross is doing well in fleet market, today itself come across a video in which taxi owner said they are extracting 24kmpl out of thier hybrid hycross and it is very much profitable compared to crysta.
manofinfinity is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 21:48   #2276
Senior - BHPian

17k for a free service! Isn't it costly?

Their smile service package costs about 7.5k which covers engine oil, oil filter, AC filter, gasket and windshield washer for up to 20K km or 3 years.

Similarly, extended warranty up to 1L km/5 years is costing about 44k.

I guess I should buy both. Any suggestions?
Old 11th September 2023, 09:23   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
17k for a free service! Isn't it costly?

Their smile service package costs about 7.5k which covers engine oil, oil filter, AC filter, gasket and windshield washer for up to 20K km or 3 years.

Similarly, extended warranty up to 1L km/5 years is costing about 44k.

I guess I should buy both. Any suggestions?
I was also shocked to hear 17k for first free service.
Owners of hycross hybrid who have done thier 10k service, please share your total cost and any changes noticed after the service?
manofinfinity is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 11:13   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Also, if anyone has figured a great place to mount the phone, it would be helpful if you can upload some photos.
I didn't get any response, hence I dived into the research mode in the Indonesian market. I tried the same during the search for improving the clarity of the cameras of the car, but that was turning into a electrical and software endeavour, which I avoided.
However, a better place to mount the phone is something which can be easily done.
So here is what I found in the Indonesian market:

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230911-110712.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230911-110740.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230911-110753.jpg

Link to the website

I just loved this, but the price comes to INR 1700! And I cannot find anything in Indian market which resembles this.
Any leads on how to get this in India would be very helpful.

Last edited by turbospooler : 11th September 2023 at 11:20. Reason: Added website
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 01:28   #2279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
I was also shocked to hear 17k for first free service.
Owners of hycross hybrid who have done thier 10k service, please share your total cost and any changes noticed after the service?
Paid Rs. 6k for the 10K KMS service of my HyCross VX 8S done at Ravindu Toyota, Near ISCKON, Bengaluru about 15 days ago.

Cost included oil change, filter, gasket, wheel balancing and alignment (which SA suggested to get it done and I opted for it).
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 10:42   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
Paid Rs. 6k for the 10K KMS service of my HyCross VX 8S done at Ravindu Toyota, Near ISCKON, Bengaluru about 15 days ago.

Cost included oil change, filter, gasket, wheel balancing and alignment (which SA suggested to get it done and I opted for it).
I recently got a chance to check the User Manual of the Hycross. While most of the replacement interval seems to be in alignment with what you generally see on a Toyota, there was one additional item which was of interest to me.

"Add injector cleaner to the fuel tank every 10,000 kms." This is something that I have never before seen in a Toyota user manual. I have used the Toyota Diesel injector cleaner on my Etios. But, that was only after 1,00,000 kms proactively. Not because it was mentioned on the user manual. Injector cleaner every 10,000 kms feels a bit odd. I am not sure, if this has something to do with the higher compression ratio or the E20 compliance ?

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-01.jpeg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-02.jpeg

I am also surprised that your dealership did not add injector cleaner in addition to the oil, oil filter, gasket replacements.

Last edited by amalji : 12th September 2023 at 10:43.
amalji is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks