Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2023, 19:20   #2386
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
If you can please tell me which dealership did you visit in Mumbai / Navi Mumbai, which gave a 9 month waiting period for the VX(O)?
This was an SA from Wasan Toyota Sanpada.
I'll take it with a pinch of salt, as this was the first casual conversation during the TD. We're yet to visit the showroom for detailed talk.
The SA who accompanied the car even said that VX comes with only 2 air bags(instead of 6 as per latest update)
Old 20th October 2023, 00:18   #2387
BHPian

Not sure if this is discussed before. Can anyone provide a link to suitable scuff plates (door sill guards) for Hycross? Installing it would be DIY I suppose. I see several of them listed on Amazon but but they don't look very exciting to be honest.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th October 2023 at 09:05. Reason: Guess you meant "they don't look very exciting to be honest"? :)
Old 20th October 2023, 07:21   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Not sure if this is discussed before. Can anyone provide a link to suitable scuff plates (door sill guards) for Hycross? Installing it would be DIY I suppose.
Try carhatke.

https://carhatke.com/galio-toyota-hy...l-plate-guards

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th October 2023 at 09:05. Reason: Quoted post corrected.
jthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 10:05   #2389

Finally did my 1st ever long drive (Bangalore-Goa) long drive. I am not a car expert, so these are a novice observations.

* The entire ghat section (Anmod-Mollem) was easily driven in Eco mode. Absolutely no lack of power. (4 adults + 1 teenager + 1 kid + 5 cabin size bags)
* My son occupied the 3rd row for the entire trip. He didn't had any discomfort and he labelled it as business class ;-)
* I've a VX(O) model, the sound stage was not that great, especially for 2nd and 3rd row. Adjusted the balancing to the back side, voila there is a dramatic change in sound stage. Initially we were considering to change the speakers, now with this change we decided to not do that soon.
*Accidental discovery, it is possible to turn off the head lights. Just turn the knob to the middle position that's all. When you turn off the car, it will remind you to turn it back to the original state.
*Adjusted headlight levelling to 4, I had enough road visibility. One drawback all people sat on the front row said is, the front glass reflect too much light on your face. That makes driving bit difficult in the night.
* I left/forgot my car key inside the car, then tried to lock the car from outside. It didn't allow me to lock the car! Super cool feature
* On high ways, we can easily overtake any vehicles in the Normal mode.
payyans is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 10:15   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Not sure if this is discussed before. Can anyone provide a link to suitable scuff plates (door sill guards) for Hycross? Installing it would be DIY I suppose. I see several of them listed on Amazon but but they don't look very exciting to be honest.

Many thanks in advance.
I have ordered and installed these - NEXTA Door Sill/Foot Step Stainless Steel Plates for Toyota Innova Hycross (Set of 4 Pcs).
Available on Amazon.

These are the best as per research I did. The only concern I see is if these (or any other after market fitting) rust after a few years as they are metallic. As of now they look brilliant. I will see if I can attach pictures later.
subbarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 11:04   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc_rgs View Post
My ZX(O) just crossed 3k kms. Currently the total mileage is at 17.5 kmpl. The max i have seen in the mid is 21.2 kmpl. After the last tank full in Bangalore, the mileage upto Sangagiri was 20.5 kmpl. After that, i rushed to reach CBE (~130 kms) and the mileage dropped to 17.5. Always drove in ECO mode.

For spirited driving, which mode is efficient? ECO v City v Sport?
As the name implies, put it in sport. For normal driving in traffic or what not, use the normal drive mode. Use ECO mode only in highways or long trips with steady speed because it will dull response too much.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 16:25   #2392
BHPian

I have been driving the Hycross ZXO for over 4 months and ~7000KMs now. I have used it for long multi-day drives as well as short commutes, on highways as well as city roads. Now that the romance is wearing off, I have started to notice niggles. Here they are in no particular order or magnitude.
  1. On city roads, specially on slow speeds, the car can be quite bouncy. Stiff suspension?
  2. The drivers seat will stop adjusting it self to your preferred setting, the moment you start driving.
  3. The steering wheel doesn't spring back to zero position as fast as I want, after a sharp u-turn.
  4. Wireless CarPlay has a noticeable audio and input lag. Wireless CarPlay won't connect automatically if you were connected to wired CarPlay the last time, as to be manually selected. I feel it should revert to wireless when nothing is connected by wire.
  5. The Toyota connect app is unreliable. Remote start, lock, unlock may or may not work. You can't rely on it.
  6. The headlights aren't bright enough.
  7. The seat-belt warning is inconsistent. It would ignore an unbelted passenger sometimes.
  8. Take a coffee break warning can't be dismissed.
  9. 360 cameras are of very poor resolution.
  10. The absence of the engine noise gives way to road noise. Better sound dampening could have helped.

Last edited by ashwinikalantri : 20th October 2023 at 16:33.
ashwinikalantri is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 10:42   #2393
BHPian

Hi Folks,

My Hycross had developed a rattling noise after a few months of use. The rattle seem to be progressively increasing. The car would rattle when accelerating. This was quite a bother. My 8 year old City still is rattle and squeak free. I took the car to the ASS. He took almost two days to investigate. Troubleshooting wasn't easy as the engine rattle could be heard only when accelerating. Initially the ASS was trying to work on the mesh around the silencer as the source of the noise. Finally he found that loose air filter was causing the rattle. A month since and the rattle hasn't come back. Its a silent cabin now. So the fix has worked.

Posting this for the benefit and comments of the members.
schwartz is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 13:56   #2394

I got my Hycross ZX(O) Pearl white on 24/10/2023
from Nippon Toyota Enchakkal Thiruvananthapuram. It was a very good experience at the showroom. MR. Hariprasad.R, GM sales, MR Prasanth, Team leader Sales and MR Ajin were very cordial with me Ian’s very helpful whenever I enquired about the waiting list. In fact I am very happy that I got my vehicle of my dreams after a wait of 10 months. All of my family loved this vehicle on our very first drive
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_3463.jpeg  

jyothishrj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 19:53   #2395
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations @jyothishrj! Since the number is temporary, do you plan to register it in another state? and will it be BH or normal?
Old 28th October 2023, 04:26   #2396

I plan to get a fancy number of my choice. Hence the temporary permit which is valid for six months in Kerala
Old 28th October 2023, 10:02   #2397
BHPian

Hello,

Can owners of the VX and VX (o) confirm how long did they actually have to wait for their cars? Of course, the dealer quotes 12-18 months, but that can’t be realistic? Can you please share the actual time taken from booking to delivery?

It seems almost hopeless to wait for ZX bookings to open; Six months have passed since they halted bookings for this model and there still isn’t any clarity on timelines.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 11:08   #2398
BHPian

Got my hycross' 10,000 kms service done.

Mileage is now 12.5-13.5 in Delhi traffic. Goes upto 17 kmpl on Highways if driven upto 100 kmph. I have got 11 kmpl on Noida- Lucknow highway as was in a hurry.
Least I have got was 7.1 kmpl from Dehradun (I filled up there) to Mussoorie
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 11:49   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Got my hycross' 10,000 kms service done.

Mileage is now 12.5-13.5 in Delhi traffic. Goes upto 17 kmpl on Highways if driven upto 100 kmph. I have got 11 kmpl on Noida- Lucknow highway as was in a hurry.
Least I have got was 7.1 kmpl from Dehradun (I filled up there) to Mussoorie
What was your total service cost and did you notice any difference after servicing?
Old 28th October 2023, 12:25   #2400
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Hello,

Can owners of the VX and VX (o) confirm how long did they actually have to wait for their cars? Of course, the dealer quotes 12-18 months, but that can’t be realistic? Can you please share the actual time taken from booking to delivery?
Booked VX(O) in March , car came in October.
One is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks