Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 16:47   #121

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

What a wonderful review! Attention to minute details has always been the benchmark of this forum.

I am reading this review after I had watched three-four reviews from different vloggers. I regret for wasting my time watching them.

I had been eagerly following each updates about Hycross from the moment Toyota India registered this trade name. Based on the recommendations from some senior Bhpians in this forum, I went on with my decision to buy Innova Crysta GX AT in last June. After a very short ownership period of only two months (3400 kms) I sold it in September when I returned after my annual vacation in India. Thanks to Toyota's decision to temporarily halt the diesel booking I was lucky enough to sell my Crysta for the same purchase amount (less the 25K agent commission).

I booked Hycross (Z) on 25th November itself with Amana Toyota for 1 lakh booking amount.

After seeing all these positive reviews about, I feel happy about my decision to sell my Crysta. I think it was a right decision on the right time - provided this new beast is going to be reasonably priced.
Black n' White is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 17:06   #122
BHPian

Another winner from Toyota stable. Only missing feature I can think of, is ventilated captain seats in second row.

TPMS and wireless charging pad are standard features in Hyryder top variant (hybrid V). Not sure why Toyota will provide these only as accessories in Hycross.
Old 8th December 2022, 18:55   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
A selfish query (kind of) - How will HyCross impact the resale value of Innova Crysta immediately and 4-5 years later? Particularly top end automatic diesel variants of Crysta.
I like the query
Historically, when a new model releases in Toyota, the older models go for high demand. The pricing doesn't increase drastically for pre owned but doesn't drastically deteriorate. It will hold its value better than other cars.

PS: I have an Innova Crysta ZX AT and hope that the demand doesn't die down and price doesn't crash in 4 years time when I will look for an upgrade
superchamp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 20:48   #124
BHPian

Can anyone help me with Hycross V Hybrid Review ? Zx will be out of my budget and does not come with bench in middle row, so incase i go for Hycross , it has to be V or lower.
woodstock3001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 21:57   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Can anyone help me with Hycross V Hybrid Review ? Zx will be out of my budget and does not come with bench in middle row, so incase i go for Hycross , it has to be V or lower.

Apparently in one of the YouTube review the reviewer mentioned that media drives were only of top end models, so you might have to wait for real world review of V trim.
plus the lower G variant does not get hybrid
FourBanger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 22:17   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
TPMS and wireless charging pad are standard features in Hyryder top variant (hybrid V). Not sure why Toyota will provide these only as accessories in Hycross.
TPMS is given for VX, ZX and ZX(O). Wireless charging is accessory.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 09:04   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Ok, so I've been asking this question almost everywhere online and thought I'll put it here as well. For some strange reason Autocar India blocked me on twitter for asking this question, but thats another story.

This being a hybrid vehicle, is there anyway to find out what the actual mileage would be when it runs on the petrol engine. Assuming the petrol engine kicks in at 40 kmph and people driving on the highways will be driving upwards of 40 kmph, making the hycross a petrol only car on the highways.

I've seen a one or two mileage videos on Youtube, but they are all mixture of slow and high speed driving. The reason to ask this question is for a friend of mine, who will be using the hycross mostly on the highways, lets say 80% highway and 20% city driving.

Can someone enlighten me on what is or could be the mileage purely on the highways i.e. when running upwards of 40 kmph?
Pure Highway driving
milu2fast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 10:50   #128
Senior - BHPian

I'd be more interested in the base variant GX of the Hycross with the 2.0L NA engine with the CVT gear box would like T_BHP to do a TD of that variant to at the earliest.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 13:44   #129
BHPian

As per CarDekho, Innova Hycross will reach dealerships in the early January. Test drives should begin and prices are expected to be announced in the said time period. Deliveries of the Hycross are likely to start by the end of January.
LeoMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 14:05   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBanger View Post
Apparently in one of the YouTube review the reviewer mentioned that media drives were only of top end models, so you might have to wait for real world review of V trim.
plus the lower G variant does not get hybrid
Yes. I was aware of this, but then you never know if someone found V or lower variant someone.

I'm holding on to my booking till then & will only decide one i'm able to see it in person. Let's see what's in store for me.
Old 9th December 2022, 18:22   #131
BHPian

Any informed guesses or info about the pricing ?

Some drive reviews by the usual folks on youtube have mentioned 25 to 35 ex-showroom. That seems a whole lot higher than the current Innova that tops out at around 26-27 ex-showroom. Others have mentioned 20 to 30

Of course, everyone is unanimous that Hycross will sit higher than the Innova - Question, is will it be marginally higher (1-2 lacs) or significantly higher (3-5 lacs) ?
Old 9th December 2022, 22:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Any informed guesses or info about the pricing ?

Some drive reviews by the usual folks on Youtube have mentioned 25 to 35 ex-showroom. That seems a whole lot higher than the current Innova that tops out at around 26-27 ex-showroom. Others have mentioned 20 to 30

Of course, everyone is unanimous that Hycross will sit higher than the Innova - Question, is will it be marginally higher (1-2 lacs) or significantly higher (3-5 lacs) ?
It’s Toyota so whatever price you think would be fair, add another 7 lakhs to it.
Cresterk is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 23:27   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
It’s Toyota so whatever price you think would be fair, add another 7 lakhs to it.
So true Toyota - Don't be too greedy ! Watch out for the 'new' Carnival - that I hope Kia will finally bring to India years and years after the global launch. Diesel/ torque lovers may prefer the Carnival esp for highways - despite its city unfriendly size.

Dunno who I dislike more here - Toyota for their habit of atrocious pricing or Kia for treating India like some third-rate market

Last edited by RoadTiger : 9th December 2022 at 23:28.
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 15:56   #134
BHPian

A lot of reviewers are talking about better fuel efficiency in city limits compared to highway due to the obvious presence of hybrid but doesn’t the option of adaptive cruise control improve the fuel efficiency on highways?
Old 10th December 2022, 21:05   #135
BHPian

Silly question - can’t the battery be charged at home like a proper EV ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks