Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2023, 16:20   #256
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_27007 View Post
Got my Safari delivered yesterday (Accomplished plus AT). Getting used to this beast now... Along with all the positives, as expected i faced few hiccups and some niggles.
Oh that is sad. Should have been caught during QC. I took the vehicle somewhere close to 7pm and the lights were something i made sure is properly working .

On the brakes - I too felt the same, especially after driving XUV500 with quite sharp brakes. NOw started to live with it.

The Adaptive cruise control is great, but it detects any two-wheeler passing near to my lane and applies brake. Which is not the way we drive in India. Collision warning is a two step one - first it shows a warning and it there is no user input, car will apply brakes - which never happened as i always stepped on the brake in panic.

I had to adjust the wiper blades myself. Something i missed to check during PDI.

Just one question - How is the Radio reception? Mine is quite bad (compared to my Tigor EV and Xuv500).

Last edited by Aditya : 29th November 2023 at 19:41. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
spaceunicorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 13:49   #257
Senior - BHPian

Saw the facelifted Safari in flesh today. I was like W-O-W, what a makeover!
For a moment, I presumed this was a X5 rolling by, specially from the rear 3/4 angle.

Few pics I could manage to click:-

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20231129_080026.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20231129_075649.jpg

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-20231129_075607.jpg

The white color provided that additional aura, in my view. Really a stunning piece of design engineering to behold!
JoshMachine is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 17:16   #258
BHPian

Hi All, I have a question and need your advice.

I had previously made a booking for the new Safari Pure(O) and yesterday a test drive was also organized, albeit the top model. The SA had previously indicated delivery by end of Dec.

Now he is saying that since we have confirmed the colour and variant, he would like to proceed with "punching" the vehicle in their booking system. He says only when the vehicle is punched will it be queued up for production and delivery within the factory production system. And then he said we would need to pay 50% of the total before the vehicle can be dispatched from factory, because its an "expensive vehicle"

Two questions:
1. Does anyone know the difference between booking a vehicle and getting it punched? Never came across this when I did similar bookings with other brands. Is this a TATA special?

2. Why should I pay a single penny beyond the booking amount before I take full delivery of the vehicle following a PDI? The SA's comment about paying up 50% sounds total BS...almost like taking me for a ride.
Has anyone experience this before?

Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 18:53   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Two questions:
1. Does anyone know the difference between booking a vehicle and getting it punched? Never came across this when I did similar bookings with other brands. Is this a TATA special?

2. Why should I pay a single penny beyond the booking amount before I take full delivery of the vehicle following a PDI? The SA's comment about paying up 50% sounds total BS...almost like taking me for a ride.
Punching might refer to the point at which your order is confirmed and entered into the production queue, it essentially means your order has been finalised and is progressing toward production. Usually practiced by smaller dealerships in remote areas.

While it's reasonable to expect to pay a certain percentage before dispatch, a 50% payment before delivery seems unusually high. You should get in touch with a different dealership or even make up something like the different dealer agreed to get the car sooner with just the booking amount.
hAwX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 20:00   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
While it's reasonable to expect to pay a certain percentage before dispatch, a 50% payment before delivery seems unusually high. You should get in touch with a different dealership or even make up something like the different dealer agreed to get the car sooner with just the booking amount.
Except booking advance, nothing should be paid before pdi is done, no % of payment.
aks812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 20:13   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
Except booking advance, nothing should be paid before pdi is done, no % of payment.
There isn't a universal rule that dictates the payment process for vehicle purchases. It can vary between dealerships, manufacturers and even regions. Here the Tata Safari being the higher-end model, and perhaps the booking is done through a relatively smaller dealership where they get allotment after some waiting. It's natural to request a certain percentage before the vehicle is dispatched or produced. This practice aims to ensure the buyer's commitment and may cover initial costs incurred by the dealership.
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 21:09   #262
BHPian

Quote:
It's natural to request a certain percentage before the vehicle is dispatched or produced. This practice aims to ensure the buyer's commitment and may cover initial costs incurred by the dealership.
The SA said something to that effect, that is it helps to support the company, by which I am hoping he is referring to the dealership (Hyson, Thrissur, Kerala) and not TATA
akannath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 21:21   #263
BHPian

Quote:
The SA said something to that effect, that is it helps to support the company, by which I am hoping he is referring to the dealership (Hyson, Thrissur, Kerala) and not TATA
If it's Hyson Thrissur, you are not necessarily required to pay anything more than the booking amount before PDI. Just pressure the SA by saying you will be getting a slightly better deal and a shorter waiting period with Luxon Kochi or a Popular Mega nearby. After all booking amount is fully refundable even though it might take a month. 30 days maximum is what top dealerships told me as waiting period.

I took delivery of my Accomplished+ 100 km away from my location after reviewing several dealerships across Kerala, and I received the best service and price from Luxon as they are directly affiliated with the Nippon group. Conveniently, they had one in their yard, so everything was super smooth and fast. The delivery experience was beyond what I expected.
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 22:27   #264
BHPian

Quote:
If it's Hyson Thrissur, you are not necessarily required to pay anything more than the booking amount before PDI. Just pressure the SA by saying you will be getting a slightly better deal and a shorter waiting period with Luxon Kochi or a Popular Mega nearby. After all booking amount is fully refundable even though it might take a month. 30 days maximum is what top dealerships told me as waiting period.

I took delivery of my Accomplished+ 100 km away from my location after reviewing several dealerships across Kerala, and I received the best service and price from Luxon as they are directly affiliated with the Nippon group. Conveniently, they had one in their yard, so everything was super smooth and fast. The delivery experience was beyond what I expected.
Oh...thats a great piece of advice. I didnt bother checking with other dealerships and paid the booking amount of 30K to Hyson.
Let me talk to the SA and put my foot down first and see the response.
Old 1st December 2023, 11:33   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Two questions:

Thanks
My 2 cents:

Like other's mentioned you are not supposed to pay a penny above the booking amount. Because you will be doing a PDI once the vehicle arrives and accept it only if it satisfies you, else you might look at a different vehicle. So there is no point paying upfront and accept whatever car they will receive. Another point to this is, the dealership should have funds to pay to Tata motors when they receive a booking and punch it in their system for confirmation. I believe in this case, the dealership doesn't have such funds and requesting you to pay upfront. Please don't fall for that and look at other dealerships.

Allocations are delayed, when they cannot punch the booking in Tata's dealer portal due to lack of funds. So try to make the purchase with a bigger dealership and do not forget to do a PDI before confirming the vehicle. Good luck

Last edited by fusionbang : 1st December 2023 at 11:35.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 13:46   #266

Dear BHPians, have anybody got the delivery of manual transmission variants? Looks like TATA is prioritizing the delivery of higher variants with automatic transmission.
Also, does anybody have test-driven the manual variant?
Thanks in advance..
Old 3rd December 2023, 07:11   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceunicorn View Post
Oh that is sad. Should have been caught during QC. I took the vehicle somewhere close to 7pm and the lights were something i made sure is properly working .

On the brakes - I too felt the same, especially after driving XUV500 with quite sharp brakes. NOw started to live with it.

The Adaptive cruise control is great, but it detects any two-wheeler passing near to my lane and applies brake. Which is not the way we drive in India. Collision warning is a two step one - first it shows a warning and it there is no user input, car will apply brakes - which never happened as i always stepped on the brake in panic.

Just one question - How is the Radio reception? Mine is quite bad (compared to my Tigor EV and Xuv500).
Yes, the faulty tail light should have been caught. Even I missed it.
Update: the service centre had ordered a replacement tail lamp, but seems like wrong part was received, which they could recognise only when they had removed the faulty tail lamp. I guess they got Harrier's tail lamp instead of Safari's. So now they have reordered it. I had never imagined this, but it really hurts to see a new car at service centre workshop and being worked upon. I am not sure if I am being over sensitive, but it was painful to see and hear those sounds while they removed the tail lamp.Its just that a faulty tail lamp casts a shadow on an otherwise outstanding product and it feels like an eyesore every time I see my car in the parking lot.

About ADAS and breaks - I think, I am not able to take this car for a long drive yet. I have been driving it in city only. So, I will have to test these one's over some weekend. I have adjusted my seat properly now (which took several attempts) and now I think I am getting used to the breaks.

About radio reception - I am not facing any issue w.r.t. radio reception. Even during initial setup, the car could save all the radio stations which are available in my area. The reception seems same like my Hyundai i10. Does the music playback on your radio get interrupted?
josh_27007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 10:59   #268
BHPian

Hi all. There are already many posts on the good and bad aspects of the Safari. Here are a few things I felt are missing in my accomplished+ 7-seater.

• The iRA app works well, not great.
I would have also liked it to be a complete replacement for the physical key, allowing me to turn the car on to accessories mode, open windows and the sunroof, and open the tailgate within the app.

• Better radio reception is needed.
The FM quality really sucks. I’m sure fellow owners in Kerala face the same issue. It hasn’t been a problem for me as I use Bluetooth audio the most. CarPlay would come second, as I noticed there’s some compression going on with the audio and google maps works better on the MID.

• Third-row AC control from the infotainment screen is glitchy.
Spaceunicorn mentioned this in one of the posts above. If the knob is turned to one of the speeds, and the vehicle turns on, we only have an option to turn it off from the screen; it won’t turn back on, nor can we control the fan speed.

• Reclining third-row seats would have been nice, not that it’s necessary, as the default position is already comfortable enough.

• The wireless charging doesn’t work well with newer iPhones.
I’m using the iPhone 14 Pro with a MagSafe case. There’s a big camera bump, so it leaves a gap when it's laid on any surface. Consequently, when the car is moving, I keep getting an alert that there’s something metallic like keys on the pad and therefore it won’t be charging. However, it works perfectly with my Ultra, so I'm forced to use the USB-C cable for my main phone whenever I need to charge it.
Has anyone else noticed the weird jittering and interlacing when you open the camera app on your iPhone while it's on the wireless charging pad? I am seeing it for the first time. Not sure how to interpret it.

• Half-baked features are never a good idea. Lane-keep assist is a must-have with such good ADAS, and we aren’t sure how long we have to wait for it.

• Getting to honk the horn and open windows, along with the sunroof, with the physical key.
I always used it in my Mercedes and Land Cruiser. I’m not sure how much engineering is required to implement that, so I’m just going to leave it at that.

• The 19-inch alloys.
It definitely look amazing and perform very well on corners, but I would rather have 18s for a much smoother ride. It’s a family car after all.

• A better-sounding horn from the factory. My Nexon sounded much more premium.

• Mood lighting situation.
It gets super bright with drive mode changes for a few seconds, i.e., super green with ECO, dark red with Sport, and dark blue with city mode. I would like those brightness levels to stay instead of the dull presets.

• SVM
The car is equipped with the best-in-class 360-degree cameras. It could have the Surround View Monitoring system, just like the XUV700, to have peace of mind, even though I have installed a 70mai dual-channel dashcam.

• Side-view mirrors
It could have had a bit more visibility, as well as the A-pillars blocking a significant chunk of the driver’s view, which is concerning on ghat roads and in village areas. Agreed, Blind spot monitoring cameras are there for a purpose but who really focuses on the infotainment system while taking a turn?

• Brakes are good, not great.
They could have been better considering its weight and size. There’s no initial brake bite, and the rear discs feel small, though they work better than the previous models.

• Ease of getting into the second row.
The door is definitely big, but the area where you actually put your foot and get in is narrow, making it very hard for senior citizens to get in and out. They get confused about where to grip and end up holding the driver/co-passenger headrest and seat for support. A grab handle in that area would have made things easier. If it were a 6-seater version, I can only imagine how elders would feel while trying to access the third row through the middle. I know getting side steps will solve this issue, but it will ruin the aesthetics of the car, and TATA's genuine accessory costs 19k with a 3k labor charge for installation. I'm waiting for automatic side steppers. I have checked the universal ones, and they don't fit perfectly. When spending 50k on something, it's advisable to think twice, so I decided against it until something comes up that aligns with the body.

• Second-row AC situation.
Not going to lie, my Nexon had better cooling. But since the AC is strong enough, I’m directing the middle vents straight, as the side vents in the second row have very poor performance. They only work decently from fan speed 3.

• Equalizer
As an Audiophile, I would have liked a 10-band EQ for the Custom mode, where I could tune it myself to perfection. I find myself changing JBL modes often from song to song, which is kind of annoying while driving. Flat mode (0 bass, mid, and treble) works as intended, and whenever I get super annoyed, that's what I use.

The car has a lot of tech, and since it's from Tata, nothing is picture-perfect. It forgets what to do at times. Be it with AC speeds when the car is starting to change gears to opening the boot. I’ve had small troubles every now and then where it's not concerning that much but still there's always something to nitpick.

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th January 2024 at 00:41. Reason: Minor edit in last para.
hAwX is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 21:11   #269
BHPian

[quote=hAwX;5672819]

• SVM
The car is equipped with the best-in-class 360-degree cameras. It could have the Surround View Monitoring system, just like the XUV700, to have peace of mind, even though I have installed a 70mai dual-channel dashcam.

Which in your opinion is the best dashcam brand to go for, along with installation. Please do not recommend any chinese brand

• Ease of getting into the second row.
The door is definitely big, but the area where you actually put your foot and get in is narrow, making it very hard for senior citizens to get in and out. They get confused about where to grip and end up holding the driver/co-passenger headrest and seat for support. A grab handle in that area would have made things easier. If it were a 6-seater version, I can only imagine how elders would feel while trying to access the third row through the middle. I know getting side steps will solve this issue, but it will ruin the aesthetics of the car, and TATA's genuine accessory costs 19k with a 3k labor charge for installation. I'm waiting for automatic side steppers. I have checked the universal ones, and they don't fit perfectly. When spending 50k on something, it's advisable to think twice, so I decided against it until something comes up that aligns with the body.

Which side stepper are you looking for?

and, have you thought of installing another woofer or an amp to upgrade your system?
Old 3rd December 2023, 21:13   #270
BHPian

Quote:

• SVM

[quote=hAwX;5672819]

Which in your opinion is the best dashcam brand to go for, along with installation. Please do not recommend any Chinese brand

Which side stepper are you looking for?

and, have you thought of installing another woofer or an amp to upgrade your system?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks