Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2023, 09:06   #136

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
While the concept of value for money is undoubtedly crucial for many Indian car buyers, it's important to recognize that consumer behavior in the car market is influenced by a lot of other factors as well, and VFM isn't always the sole determinant.
Can't agree more. Another point,VFM concept also changes in an individual's lifetime depending upon his/her age, disposable income, peer pressure and last but not the least the family's (specially children's) opinion.
Safari,for me was not VFM product 5 yrs back,but now it looks more VFM.
So booked one and waiting eagerly for the delivery.
Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd October 2023 at 10:37. Reason: Fixing Quote tags.
thebonedoc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 15:44   #137

Is the 5* GNCAP rating applicable to outgoing Tata twins as well since the same structure (Omega Arc) has been used in the facelifts?
Old 23rd October 2023, 18:55   #138
BHPian

I am trying to understand Tata's point of view on the color choices they are providing with Safari. I liked the adventure persona color scheme which old Safari had, but unfortunately they discontinued it. With the new facelift, color choices seem very limited considering the price it commands. Harrier has more standard colors like red, which would have instantly made me book Safari. The cosmic gold color and galactic sapphire blue are the only 2 stand out colors in accomplished variants, since grey and white are not really exciting, atleast for me (excluding #dark). My wife and me deliberated for nearly 1 hr on cosmic gold, since she couldn't guage if it would stand out when in traffic or in a parking lot and for some reason I am still not convinced on gold color. I tried looking up on internet for galactic sapphire blue, but the digital renders are not giving realistic understanding on how it might look in real life, also could not find any videos or walk-throughs of the blue color. All I see are cosmic gold or dark edition. A red color which Harrier has, would have made the decision so easy for us. In the end we did book galactic sapphire blue, fingers crossed on how it looks in person. Below is the picture of cosmic gold that i took in Tata showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img20231022wa0005.jpeg  

Wakeupsid is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 22:19   #139

@wakeupsid, seems you are right about your color choice
Here is a link for you ..
Spiro is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 23:16   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiro View Post
https://Youtu.be/gSFsenq_qQk?si=U935NJ6p3IM4XZBj
Thanks a lot for sharing the video. This does look amazing, hoping to see it in person soon.

Also have the test drives started? So far all the dealerships keep saying that test drives might start from November 1st week.
Old 25th October 2023, 07:29   #141

Tatas have very cunningly found a way to sell higher variants of facelifted Safari by offering eye-catching colors only in some variants.
Only time will tell whether this turns out to be an intelligent or foolish move from the Tatas.
Thank you
Old 25th October 2023, 09:49   #142

I had booked Accomplished+ 6S on the day of the launch. Got a message from the dealer yesterday that they have received the demo car. They had an Accomplished Dark on display. This was the first time my wife was witnessing a Safari up close and was totally blown away by it. However, the SA couldn't manage to switch on the car. It kept giving some error with the key and he was clueless. In his defence, they had received the vehicle that morning and were still trying to figure out everything. Though I seriously doubt that.

I sat in the driver seat and in my driving position I didn't find the infamous left knee issue (I'm 6'1). Though I'm not exactly sure of the issue in the pre-facelift model so don't have a reference for comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Also have the test drives started? So far all the dealerships keep saying that test drives might start from November 1st week.
My dealer told me that the test drive vehicles are in transit and test drives should start by this weekend. This was in Gurgaon. However, the video posted above is also from a Gurgaon dealer and it looks like a delivery vehicle.
deepdive1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 12:32   #143

Was literally waiting for Team-BHP review of the Safari - thanks a ton. I am really not sure who @TATA has this incremental reveal idea, right from the showcase of the vehicle to price release and so much so that the features on the cars (lane keep assist is yet work formally ) are being released incrementally. Had booked the Safari quite sometime back and been waiting for the facelift, but after the prices were revealed had to cancel the booking; a car with onroad price of 35L and half baked, no all wheel drive (I know, many may not use it in a life time but at least to boast) somehow not convinced..VFM took hit is my take, started getting a feeling like TATA has upgraded all the soft components, the ones that could be easily updated to keep the models running and still has not refrained from experimenting on the customer; they should realize that they are playing altogether in a different segment ..grow beyond Indica TATA!!! Of course it is a facelift but somehow .... I think they should take a leaf out of Mahindra's book, at least they come out with surprises every time; though am not big fan of the brand (its an individual choice though no offense XUV lovers).

Experts pls suggest.. is it like jump the gun ?! A hasty thought process my side.. should I reconsider? not sure.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th October 2023 at 14:56. Reason: Spaces added after puncutation marks & extra smileys removed. Please do read the Team-BHP rules :)
sponnappa is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th October 2023, 15:54   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdive1985 View Post
My dealer told me that the test drive vehicles are in transit and test drives should start by this weekend. This was in Gurgaon. However, the video posted above is also from a Gurgaon dealer and it looks like a delivery vehicle.
You are right, the car in the video does look like delivery vehicle. Also looks like the delivery of Safari has already started.

https://www.cartoq.com/2023-tata-saf...n-india-video/
Old 25th October 2023, 20:35   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiro View Post
https://Youtu.be/gSFsenq_qQk?si=U935NJ6p3IM4XZBj
Looks a lot like the Blackish Ageha Glass flake on the Innova. When I went to the car spa nearby that applies PPF and Ceramic coatings, they were complaining about the poor paint quality of the pre-facelift Safari and Harrier. They complained that they had to do do many rounds of polishing to get rid of the unevenness of the paint and finally they would be left with a very thin layer of paint only and PPF film is stuck on it. If after a few years, the film is removed the car will be vulnerable to rusting etc due to how thin the remaining paint layer is. I hope they have fixed this with the facelift. The video does seem to show good paint quality and finish.
Old 25th October 2023, 20:48   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtoansh View Post
Is the 5* GNCAP rating applicable to outgoing Tata twins as well since the same structure (Omega Arc) has been used in the facelifts?
Unfortunately, the answer is NO. I recently saw few videos including one by motorinc where in tata has informed the reviewers that they have made changes to the chassis structure which has helped them achieve this 5 star rating.

You can check it out at 15:45 mark

This certainly is disheartening to me as a Harrier (2022) owner. They took customer feedback and made changes and relaunched Harrier in 2020 and then they continued selling the car till 2023 with the recent Red-dark variant with Hydraulic steering and questionable safety.

Now, I understand that the onus lies on the customer to do their research and then buy the vehicle so I will have to live with it (or not?) But I would question TATA here as well on their Red Dark variant launch if a facelift was this close.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 22:39   #147
BHPian

It's quite odd if the above claims of Tata having reinforced the panels is true. The Safari and Harrier were launched in a time where Tata had already made a mark in the area of safety. If the changes were so simple to achieve without needing an engine change, it's difficult to digest that why Tata chose not to make Harrier and Safari safest possible from day 1. Why did they let Mahindra XUV 700 take the edge when they could have achieved it as well.
I think there is more to it than meets the eye. Obviously it would not have been 5 stars but I still think the older version too will fare well and be close to 4 stars.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 22:50   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post

https://Youtu.be/GGKrcoh6aso?si=agAvoI1ZNcoSQqWs

Now, I understand that the onus lies on the customer to do their research and then buy the vehicle so I will have to live with it (or not?) But I would question TATA here as well on their Red Dark variant launch if a facelift was this close.
Just to add more information from the video that you shared, they mentioned that drivers seat has been moved by 40-44 mm rearwards, to help tall people sit conformable and to reduce brushing of knee on the bottom part of center console. This might have also helped Tata to achive 5 star GNCAP rating, since there was lot of chatter that Fiat engine has some component towards drivers Leg area in engine bay, which was a cause of concern during crash testing.

Also has anyone noticed that there is less under thigh support for drivers seat, compared to pre-facelift safari. I did feel that and I am 5'10" in height. Also to be fair, the display vehicle did not have power, so couldn't adjust the seat back. That could also be a reason why I might have felt that way. Let me know if anyone else agrees on the lack of proper under thigh support in safari.
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 23:15   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Also has anyone noticed that there is less under thigh support for drivers seat, compared to pre-facelift safari. I did feel that and I am 5'10" in height. Also to be fair, the display vehicle did not have power, so couldn't adjust the seat back. That could also be a reason why I might have felt that way. Let me know if anyone else agrees on the lack of proper under thigh support in safari.
It's on uncomfortable side even now for taller folks. I am 6'1 and I am not comfortable driving my Harrier anymore. The hydraulic steering coupled with insufficient under thigh support and other ergonomic issues related to accelerator pedal have been a sore point for me for past 1-2 month as I have had to drive the car extensively due to personal reasons.

Now these pointers are personal inconvenience for me and other fellow Harrier/Safari owners might not have experienced these or might not share the same POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
It's quite odd if the above claims of Tata having reinforced the panels is true. The Safari and Harrier were launched in a time where Tata had already made a mark in the area of safety. If the changes were so simple to achieve without needing an engine change, it's difficult to digest that why Tata chose not to make Harrier and Safari safest possible from day 1.
I still believe safety rating or not Harrier/Safari and Compass are solid cars and have proved themselves as life savers in tricky situation for their owners.
As you said, It's difficult to digest that they chose not to send the earlier ones to get tested or if they knew they were lacking somewhere then they weren't transparent about it.

Regardless, better late than never. It's good on their part that they did the much needed enhancement and have rolled out a better product.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 25th October 2023 at 23:37.
Old 25th October 2023, 23:47   #150
BHPian

I have felt Safari driver seats to be low on under thigh support already, any further reduction will be very unwelcome.

Ergonomic issues are evident and I feel that somewhere the twins lack precision engineering that one would expect at this price point. Even the facelift would be mechanically same and likely to carry the same characteristic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks