Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2023, 20:36   #46
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
Sorry for the noob question - but I cant seem to find the Horn pad ! Based on the fingerprint smudges on the central panel - does that double up as the horn pad ?
Yes, this is what I have seen on many reviews. The reaction was mixed on these reviews, some said it was oversensitive while others said it was fine. I worry that with the entire area being touch sensitive, I might accidentally honk too much and cause a commotion.
spaceunicorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 03:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
The Safari comes with 19-inch alloy wheels with 245/55 section tyres.
Great review and pictures. Thank you Omkar and libranof1987!

During the launch, I heard the Chief Product Officer of Tata Motors, Mohan Savarkar, mention the increased track (he used the term wheel track) for the new facelifted 2023 Safari.

IMHO, the car does look very planted and better than before.

However, my question is that how is it possible to increase the track width by just increasing the tire size, unless using spacers or backspacing? And what happens in the lower variants that come with 17" and 18" wheels/tires?

Does anyone know about this?

Name:  Wheelbase_and_Track.png
Views: 1405
Size:  36.3 KB
inwester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 11:08   #48
BHPian

I was considering upgrading my Harrier to a Safari so that I can get extra boot space with the 3rd row folded down. Its weird that it does not work that way.

Harrier boot space (445 liters) is greater than Safari boot space with 3rd row folded down (420 liters). I guess 7-seaters don't make that much sense if you are considering them for extra bootspace. I had the same observation with Alcazar, which I checked out during last weekend.
Old 17th October 2023, 11:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to Tata with all 3 updates recently Nexon, Harrier and Safari. From a design/styling dept they surely nailed it and made all 3 refreshes so desirable. Some practicality on the inside might be lost with black gloss plastics and touch buttons but overall at 30lacs between Safari and XUV700 not car south of 70 lacs can match the features, space, overall VFM package. Ofcourse target audience wanting 70 lac car will still spend for that differentiation but wouldn't necessarily get lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by where_to_next View Post
I was considering upgrading my Harrier to a Safari so that I can get extra boot space with the 3rd row folded down. Its weird that it does not work that way.

Harrier boot space (445 liters) is greater than Safari boot space with 3rd row folded down (420 liters). I guess 7-seaters don't make that much sense if you are considering them for extra bootspace. I had the same observation with Alcazar, which I checked out during last weekend.
That is expected since Harrier and Safari have identical underpinning. INfact Harrier even has the locations to bolt on the 3rd row seats in the body work. So with seats folded Safari still has the seat volume which reduced the space compared to Harrier. Based on my XUV500 experience which is primarily 5 seater, the 3rd row comes in handy once in a while and that 7str flexibility helps in the city sometimes with family around. Only for my Leh trip I removed the 3rd seats to increase boot space. That can be an option for Safari too for that rare need of more boot space.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 11:55   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by where_to_next View Post

I have noticed the same thing. Even though Safari is 4668 mm in length compared to Harrier being 4605 mm the boot space is lesser by 25L. My understanding is that the second row in Safari is placed a bit behind to offer better legroom. I plan to check it out this weekend.
deepdive1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 12:57   #51
BHPian

Good news. Both Harrier and Safari scored a full 5 star ratings in Global NCAP.

Hats off to Tata who now have the safest portfolio of cars. Also another point is their scores are highest in the new protocol for Indian Cars.

Competition for XUV700 is heating up. Also these are safer than Scorpio N especially rear seat occupation. (Though scores of XUV700 cannot be compared due to old protocol of Global NCAP)

Last edited by ergon_9700 : 17th October 2023 at 13:05. Reason: Additional Info
ergon_9700 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 12:58   #52
BHPian

Can someone confirm if this is true or hoax, just received snaps in WhatsApp confirming that Safari/Harrier has been crash tested by GNCAP and scored 5 star!

If true, What a timing by TATA!

Now the pricing
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img20231017wa0025.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-img20231017wa0026.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-screenshot_20231017_132313_youtube.jpg  

Last edited by RaghuVis : 17th October 2023 at 13:25.
RaghuVis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:06   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Can someone confirm if this is true or hoax, just received snaps in WhatsApp confirming that Safari/Harrier has been crash tested by GNCAP and scored 5 star!

It is true. Global NCAP uploaded the video in Youtube
ergon_9700 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:09   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon_9700 View Post
Good news. Both Harrier and Safari scored a full 5 star ratings in Global NCAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post

Absolutely true! Great news!

Multiple gunshots from TATA over the past few days! Sales charts are going to be on fire!
r24x7 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:19   #55
BHPian

Brilliant work by Tata.
In fact, Safari scored the best in the ratings. Other 5 star cars are nowhere near Safari in terms of points.
Safari has 78.05 points out of possible 83, the next best is Slavia/Virtus with 71.71 points.
Kudos to Tata!
XUV 700 is going to suffer a lot and Hector sales may even go down by half.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-screenshot_20231017_131308_adobe-acrobat.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-indiancarssafetyratingapril2023latest3.jpg  

dh.harshal is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:25   #56
BHPian

The ride quality on my Harrier XZ+ Dark 2020 is quite stiff. Below 40KMPH one will feel what's going on between the tires and the road. Recently I test-drove the 2023 red-dark Safari XZA+ and surprisingly the ride was much better. It was almost close to what we can call 'plush'.

With R19s the new Safari/Harrier duo's ride quality might become stiffer again. I guess a back-to-back test drive might clear these doubts.

Also, regarding the new LED headlamps, I hope they have enough throw and spread, unlike the outgoing models.

And most importantly the initial niggles. I hope Tata has sorted them out this time.

Can't get over this new design and the stance, simply superb. I guess it's a good time to trade in my Harrier for this new Safari.
Old 17th October 2023, 13:26   #57
BHPian

Amazing feat by Tata Motors. Kudos to the brilliant team of engineers at Tata. Proud moment for all Indians
Old 17th October 2023, 13:27   #58
BHPian

Harrier/Safari scores 5 star in Global NCAP for both the Adults & child safety. Official report attached here!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tata+Safari+-+Harrier+fact+sheet+-+2023.pdf (1.26 MB, 110 views)
dh.harshal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:33   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
Not a fan of the new styling of the Harrier & Safari IMHO. The pre-facelift styling looked handsome and timeless while this overdone styling will age quickly a couple of years down the line.

Also, not sure how it looks in person, but the body-coloured panels & glass black touch panels look cheap in the photos.

The overdone styling & gloss-black interior actually worked quite well with the facelifted Nexon given the positioning of the model but doesn't seem to work well with a premium product like Safari or Harrier.
My comment in the new Harrier review thread but somehow, the Safari seems very appealing - no idea why!
dragracer567 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:53   #60
BHPian

Confused looking at the Safari variants nomenclature. The brochure refers to Pure (O). But the screen grab from the launch event shows Pure and Pure +, with a price differential of 1.7lacs. Does anyone know what the differences are?

And what does the optional (O) provide extra? Is it just the sunroof?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks