Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2023, 13:52   #31
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

I am a 2022 Harrier XTA Plus owner. The only area I am concerned about is if the infamous steering pulling to the left issue ( both on Safari and Harrier) sorted in this new EPS Steering.
No, it is not an alignment or balancing related issue but something else which the folks at service center have no clue of.

Fast forward to ~ 2.50mins on the below YT link and you will find another issue with this test car w.r.t the steering (unrelated to steering pulling to the left)

I hope these are fixed in the incoming batch of cars.

Overall good update!

Last edited by aabhimanyu04 : 16th October 2023 at 13:59. Reason: Adding relevance/context
aabhimanyu04 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 14:49   #32
BHPian

Tata Motors is on a frenzied update streak with its models. First, the Nexon got an update, then the Harrier and now, the flagship Safari gets a revamp. This isn't a minor nip and tuck job, because Tata has gone to town with the changes, and crucially, has focused on giving the Safari its own identity, rather than it being deemed as just a Harrier with a third row. It gets a completely new look, refreshed interior with modern tech and mechanical changes. Let’s see how well it has works.

As always again a very comprehensive review.

Thanks Omkar
Toni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 15:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
I am a 2022 Harrier XTA Plus owner. The only area I am concerned about is if the infamous steering pulling to the left issue ( both on Safari and Harrier) sorted in this new EPS Steering.
No, it is not an alignment or balancing related issue but something else which the folks at service center have no clue of.

Fast forward to ~ 2.50mins on the below YT link and you will find another issue with this test car w.r.t the steering (unrelated to steering pulling to the left)

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=a-FIzS7iViE&t=195s

I hope these are fixed in the incoming batch of cars.

Overall good update!
Speaking about the misaligned steering, recently when I took delivery of my XUV500 after the 40k paid service, the steering was misaligned similarly. I immediately brought it to the attention of the service center (SS Mahindra, Trivandrum) and it was promptly addressed. I am not sure what caused the misalignment, but the service center stated that they had performed a wheel alignment, and something went wrong. I did not further question that reasoning and received the vehicle back.
spaceunicorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 15:18   #34

Excellent and sharp review. Really pointed out all the key differences along with Tata's lackluster attitude with quality and detailing of aspects which are not easily noticeable. The new facelift Tata Safari surely will grab all the attention in the ongoing festive season. Tata has timed all the launches this year very well.

Frequent iterations have kept the interest in Safari and Harrier alive. But surely has caused maximum heartburn in existing owners specially those who have bought it last 3-4 months. I am sure this heartburn will continue in coming months as well with more cosmetic upgrades.

My concern is that once again Tata is talking about Hardware Innovation which is much easier to achieve. The challenge lies with software i.e. service and customer experience. There seem to be not much to offer by Tata on those aspects.

I wish if they could really launch something to enhance the overall ownership. Much like what Kia/Hyundai twins are offering with 5 year service packages along with Extended warranty (which they are offering now also).

I think next level innovation will be on the basis of service and quality of experience which a customer witnesses at the time of need.
loki_marvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 15:46   #35
BHPian

The invite for Global Launch of Harrier and Safari is here. Hopefully the price reveal would happen during this event

https://www.youtube.com/live/RIGrgSQ...vNj6CgcVCQuzYz

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2023 at 17:40. Reason: As requested
Old 16th October 2023, 18:28   #36

What a hideous steering wheel!
That glowing Tata Logo looks tacky imho - wont it distract while driving at night to have a glowing logo under your nose?
and i can foresee the edges of that big piano black block interrupting with the thumb grooves and pressing buttons inadvertently.

What were Tata thinking?
Gazole is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 18:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
I am a 2022 Harrier XTA Plus owner.

While the points raised in this review are valid, I would take them with a pinch of salt. Seems more like a grudge review. The ADAS has been reviewed exactly for 10 seconds. See the car for yourself in real life.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 19:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am in love with the amount of effort taken by Tata Motors to make Harrier, Safari and Nexon stand out in the crowd design wise.

With all the boxes ticked in their favour, especially the safety card, there is one thing which keeps a prospective buyer away from Tata - Its service.

Tata should maybe do a NEXA and see how it goes, surely customers of Harrier, Safari and Nexon EV deserve a slightly better treatment during service that the regular tiago owner.

Exclusivity at the time of Sales and more importantly a premium service experience would definately tick the last box remaining.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 19:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumosari View Post
Now confused between Harrier and Safari. I am looking for a good Automatic car, comfortable 5 seater is enough as we have family Innova Crysta.
Since you already have a 7 seater family tourer, I guess the harrier makes better sense. I'm in the market for a 5 seater suv as well.

I want to confirm that the harrier also has the gesture based boot opening or atleast the electric boot opening before I decide though. That feature alone is enough for me to consider the safari over the harrier (if the harrier doesn't get it).

And if I am not wrong, only the safari gets rear seat ventilation. That is also another major point for the safari. But I've always liked the proportions of the harrier over the safari.

Last edited by SaiSW : 16th October 2023 at 19:41.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 19:28   #40
BHPian

@Omkar, fantastic review. Thanks much for the detailed review.

Over first generation, I like the refresh version. It blends well with all the cosmetic changes.

The amount of electronics in the car these days do scare me a bit, but it also motivates me to get one to see how they function.

For those who took a test ride on the newer versions, do you still have your knees brusing against the center console or it has been addressed.

I think the pricing will go up a notch with all the additions
Old 16th October 2023, 19:33   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Since you already have a 7 seater family tourer, I guess the harrier makes better sense. I'm in the market for a 5 seater suv as well.

I want to confirm that the harrier also has the gesture based boot opening or atleast the electric boot opening before I decide though. That feature alone is enough for me to consider the safari over the harrier (if the harrier doesn't get it).
Thanks for that and I am also looking for 5 seater with good Automatic gearbox. Even Harrier is big for my daily requirement but other compact SUV like Creta/Seltos are not that robust build and back seat comfort for the major problem. So the key will be pricing, if the difference is less than 1L then no Safari makes more VFM. Need to see how TATA is going to price both of these.

Yes Harrier too have gesture based boot opening as confirmed in many reviews.

For me positives of Safari over Harrier are dual color brown/white interior compared to all black, 2nd row ventilated seats and 19inch alloys where in Harrier we get 18 inch in top model other than dark edition.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th October 2023 at 19:51. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Old 16th October 2023, 19:53   #42
BHPian

I read somewhere that you can have Google Maps navigation on the digital MID which is a huge upgrade! Its one thing to have the native navigation app in the cluster but having google maps makes life so much easier
Old 16th October 2023, 19:58   #43
BHPian

Seems like they still have lot of ergonomic issues. They need to look at ease of use and not just put everything on the looks which is very good. Saw that paddle shifters are not allowed to work in some conditions. Didnt get why ?
Old 16th October 2023, 20:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Interior Review

Attachment 2517332
Sorry for the noob question - but I cant seem to find the Horn pad ! Based on the fingerprint smudges on the central panel - does that double up as the horn pad ?
Old 16th October 2023, 20:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
Sorry for the noob question - but I cant seem to find the Horn pad ! Based on the fingerprint smudges on the central panel - does that double up as the horn pad ?
Every time I see that illuminated logo screen I cant help but think that what's the point in it? A display screen just being used for a single static character without any variation. Why would one need a screen for it? Am I missing something here? Does it do anything more?

They could have at least moved some of the cluster / info lights on this one.

I think that digital license plate suddenly looks like a much better innovation now

By the way, to your question on the horn pad, its very much there but very awkwardly positioned to operate. Zoom in and you will see horn icon below the display under airbag lettering.

Last edited by Rodie09 : 16th October 2023 at 20:18.
Rodie09 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks