Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2023, 01:43   #16
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Thanks for the detailed review- addition of ADAS, the new looks and some feel good features like EPS, electric tail gate and paddle shifters are the key highlights of the facelift.

As a buyer in market sharing my thoughts, this feels like Tata is playing incremental upgrades game [like iPhones] so as to keep the numbers going. From an expectation standpoint this has left me wanting Really wanted to go from a tata [Tiago] to tata [Safari]. But XUV700 makes better sense to the brain!
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 02:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Smashing update to the Safari. I really like the current Safari styling anyway but with this one, Tata has hit it out of the park. It looks so handsome and classy without trying too hard like Mahindra designs sometimes do. I also love the interiors especially the pin stripe wooden element which brings a sense of warmth to the cabin along with the light colored upholstery. And those alloys have to be the best ever design in an Indian production car. To me this is the best looking car inside and out in the segment and perhaps segments above.

My only negative is that there is too much piano black in the interiors and it would be hard to maintain, especially in Indian conditions. Although you could get around it by applying ppf. Also a bit more grunt from the engine would not have hurt. At this stage I dont think Safari will get all wheel drive unless Tata moves to a brand new platform. All in one, a very good update - infact the best once in recent times.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 16th October 2023 at 02:58.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 03:34   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishoreshack View Post
Apart from AWD tata has it all & even better than XUV 700.
The camera quality is not soo good on XUV 700
The infotainment, instrument cluster screen is superior to XUV 700
The looks are subjective but I still find Tata safari’s on road presence is much better than XUV or any other suv in this price range
But left knee rub issue is still there in new safari. I really hoped they would fix it.
mementodriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 06:34   #19
BANNED

Lovely SUV by TATA, nice design.

One query for the people in the know, why is there that slight notch, or step down on the top side of the DRLs.

Why is it not a straight line? To my eye, this slight step down seems jarring!!!

The new NEXON, the DRL has a straight top side.
Old 16th October 2023, 07:43   #20
BHPian

Great review!
Great update!
One thing that comes to mind when I see the front design is that it will be a real pain to wash the car. The details of the grill, the head-light and the fog-light will need some dedication to be cleaned properly.
Old 16th October 2023, 08:09   #21
BHPian

Thanks for the review. It’s very detailed and concise.

Congratulations to TML for another successful launch.

The facelift is a welcome update to the safari and hoping to see this translate to sales figures as well. The more competition we have in the segment, the better it’s for the consumers. The ball is now in M&Ms, MGs court on how to further enhance their portfolio of products.
Old 16th October 2023, 08:47   #22
BHPian

Wonderful looking car. Ticks all the boxes. I really wish TATA fixes their after sales. If not for it (and TATA horror stories) I would've booked this one.
Old 16th October 2023, 09:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mementodriver View Post
But left knee rub issue is still there in new safari. I really hoped they would fix it.
I think that issue is gone in safari, specially in automatics that shouldn't be a issue. When you don't engage the clutch (automatics) you won't be moving you left feet much that's what some reviewers observed. The left knee issue is gone for safari AFAIK you should test drive it yourself
Old 16th October 2023, 10:26   #24
BHPian

I actually wish Tata had given the rear bench seats option for one top end variant as well. Would be ideal for family outings for 5 as well as ample bootspace without having to go for a luggage rack at the top. With 2 ventilated seats in the 2nd row, it is kind of a gamble though for people with bigger families and need for luggage space. I personally like the chestnut brown interiors and would have preferred that as an option as well in the top most variants since it is easier to maintain compared to the white.
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 10:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
This is the new shift-by-wire gear selector. We saw this new gear selector on the Nexon facelift and while it feels perfectly fine there, it feels out of place in the Safari. The gear selector doesn’t feel premium and makes a plasticky sound when switching transmission modes. Tata should’ve brought in something that feels premium here as operating this just feels sad:
Attachment 2517350
That boomerang shaped insert in piano black finish is still present! This was meant to cover the gap left by the manual parking brake on Harrier facelift but considering that this is a major facelift, they could have redesigned the console to get rid of this insert. Some of the buttons look so cramped and un-ergonomically placed, they could have utilised the space occupied by this insert.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 11:29   #26
BHPian

Love the way the Safari looks now. Apart from the connected headlights, I love the facelift looks more than the predecessor.
The addition of electric power steering is a big boon, especially for city usage. Have the current Safari in my close family and it’s a pain to manoeuvre it in heavy traffic!
Good to see that Tata has reduced chrome usage to a minimum in a world where companies like MG want to throw as much chrome as possible onto a car.

Last edited by Auto spawn : 16th October 2023 at 11:32. Reason: Typo
Old 16th October 2023, 12:14   #27
BHPian

I hate Tata for the poor fit and finish that ruins the whole perception in a second. The misaligned handles on this test drive car and almost torn/poorly stitched gear knob fabric/cloth covering the rod on Sirish Chandran's review car make you sceptical when you want to be someone who wants to buy this car and has been advocating people to buy it.

"How to turn off your fans and followers by being lazy 101" by Tata. Never will they let us fully trust a product to be niggle free. Not sure why... But it is not something great PDI by the company can't solve.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2023 at 19:03. Reason: Language
TejasV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 12:32   #28
BHPian

The review has nothing about the ADAS in safari. How does ADAS work in safari- the ACC, autonomous emergency braking, etc. As per Autocar review, lane keep assist will be added as a software update later on. This means that the ADAS offerings will be at par with XUV7OO and Tucson/Seltos.
Old 16th October 2023, 12:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishoreshack View Post
Congratulations in advance for your new safari
Kindly share your experience when you get one
Thank you for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Good to have booked the Safari, but an updated XUV 700 is also around the corner as per a thread in this forum. Suggest you wait for a month and take a call.
Thank you and Yes, I have read about that and I might consider postponing the delivery date for the Safari in hopes that Mahindra will include those missing features and elevate their game. During my test drive of the XUV700, I inquired with the CSE about any potential upgrades or enhancements, however, he stated that he was not aware of any such changes and denied their possibility.

My previous experiences with both Tata, such as the quality issues in the Indica (2007) and Nano (2013), were not satisfactory. Similarly, I have also faced issues with my Mahindra TUV 300 AMT (2015) with the gear box and engine. Despite these experiences, I have stuck with both Tata (Tigor EV) and Mahindra (XUV500) instead of opting for other brands. I think it's because I have a sense of comfort and familiarity (what could have gone wrong) with these brands. However, I am uncertain about the increasing use of electronics in new models and whether or not the service center staff at Tata and Mahindra would be able to handle these advancements with ease.
spaceunicorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 13:34   #30
BHPian

Such a classy SUV! I have experienced the pre-facelift model and it was such a delight, especially the Dark edition. Just wish Tata had provided an AWD version as well.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks