Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2023, 23:12   #91
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

And now the Safari and Harrier have scored a 5* rating for adult 33/34 and Child 45/49 stars. Well done Tata!
gauravdgr8 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 09:33   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Just got the price list shared by dealer near my place. Did not find any AT price getting posted, so posting it here. For reference this is for Hyderabad location.
Thank you for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looking at this list shared by @wakeupSid, i will say that TataMotors should have a configurator kind of utility to give us the variants that can be looked at for the features we see as must-have in our car, and then show what are the other additional features that the suggested variants will have.

Just too many combinations there - +, S, (O), A ..
AMEN. Tata seriously need to calm down with their personas, variants and options. It's getting to a point where its ridiculous.

Anyway, here is an attempt at combining all the prices and features into a 1-sheet. Download the PDF for full view.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-2023-safari-facelift-prices-features.png

Quote:
The comparison for on-road price in Hyderabad is quite high, since vehicle's life tax is taxed at a higher rate here.
I don't even want to check Kerala on-road pricing at 22% road tax. The top variant might touch 35 Lakhs.

At the top variant ex-showroom price of ~27 lakhs you can get Toyota Innova Hycross VX(O), which is mechanical well sorted, very reliable, and decently kitted, but perhaps not as feature rich. Add a few lakhs more and you can get a Diesel Tucson. Mahindra XUV 700 top variant is a full 2-3 lakh cheaper. I'm personally a fan of how the car looks, all the features they have added, the 5-star safety rating, but I think Tata might be over estimating their brand equity, especially with all the rough edges, niggles, reliability issues and after sales support. Only time will tell.

Good luck Tata.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2023 Safari Facelift - Prices and Features.pdf (132.2 KB, 281 views)
inwester is offline   (67) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 09:45   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
AMEN. Tata seriously need to calm down with their personas, variants and options. It's getting to a point where its ridiculous.

Anyway, here is an attempt at combining all the prices and features into a 1-sheet. Download the PDF for full view.
Excellent effort there to do a one-pager where we get a quick and good view of the variants + pricing.

More than anything, Tata should consider the head-ache in managing the parts for all these variants.
condor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 10:01   #94
BHPian

I think it will take a day or two for the dealers to get on road prices plus extended warranty and all such details.

TATA has moved out of the mentality that they will have to price their cars lesser than competitors as they have niggles and lesser brand name -- Nexon, Altroz and Punch pricing clearly explains that. It's time customers also move out of that mentality.

Cars are too expensive these days and with huge backlogs, I don't see this trend changing anytime soon
RaghuVis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 12:24   #95
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Safari and Harrier prices in A.P.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-screenshot_20231018_105722_microsoft-365-office.jpg  

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-screenshot_20231018_105528_microsoft-365-office.jpg  

sumosari is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 13:26   #96

Safari and Harrier's on-road prices in Rajasthan.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Harrier & Safari Price List.pdf (203.3 KB, 172 views)
DesertRider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 18:38   #97
BHPian

Safari FL on-road prices Pune.
[ATTACH=New Safari-18.10.2023.pdf]2518857[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Safari-18.10.2023.pdf (271.3 KB, 165 views)
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 19:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Safari FL on-road prices Pune.
[ATTACH=New Safari-18.10.2023.pdf]2518857[/ATTACH]
29 Variants with just Diesel. On top of that, 4-5 colors as well. Imagine the day they launch petrol/electric versions as well.
RaghuVis is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 21:15   #99
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

This question is for academic purposes only because I do not intend to buy a car at all. The question is, which is a better car now - The Tata Safari 2023 or the XUV7OO?

Of course, there are various parameters like speed, comfort, handling, ride comfort, creature comforts, reliability, price (value), after sales, etc etc etc... What do you guys think?

Regards
Old 18th October 2023, 22:24   #100

I might be amongst the few, who had booked XUV and were planning to checkout Safari facelift while waiting for their XUV delivery. But to be honest, Safari has always been my dream car and I am almost certain that I will go for it and cancel XUV booking. (my wife might still want to go for XUV though )

So, I took test drives for both XUV 700 AX7 L and Safari facelift (the initial one) during the month of Mar this year. At that time, Safari was readily available and XUV gave me waiting period of almost 1 year. But i went ahead with XUV as I wanted a light / smooth steering wheel as majority of my driving will be in city + I wanted features like level 2 ADAS (may be just as a fad) & good infortainment system. but there were 2 small features which were super important to me - 1. Ventilated Seats and 2. Auto IRVM + the emotional value i attached to Safari. But smoother steering wheel took precedence over everything. But I had some internal news that the real Safari facelift will be launched around Diwali and it will definitely have electric power steering. So i booked XUV knowing i will get a chance to recalibrate my decision mid-way. i waited keeping my fingers crossed...

And here comes the Safari facelift with all the features i desire... plus I am assuming the delivery date will still be earlier than XUV.

Price-wise Safari facelift will be costlier at this point in time. But if I add XUV's actual delivery date, as per their online portal, XUV will cost me more than what Safari is costing me right now.

As a rough calculation - while booking XUV (in the month of Mar / Apr)
XUV (AX7 L auto) on road was Rs. 30 lac (excl. accessories) + 1 year waiting
Safari (XZA+O auto) on road was few thousands less than Rs. 30 lac (incl. accessories) + delivery in 30 days

Now in the month of Oct (after 6 months)
XUV (AX7 L auto) on road price is increased to Rs. 31,38,000 + 6 month waiting
Safari (2023 facelift) on road is around Rs. 32,75,000 (about 1.37 costlier) + high chances of delivery in 4-6 weeks + new steering + ADAS level 2.0 + better infotainement + ventilated seats + auto IRVM

In next 6 months (when my XUV is expected to be delivered - Apr '24)
XUV might see jump in price, based on the data i could find, i saw they have been increasing prices every year. so basically, if i wait for XUV i might get facelift features but with higher cost and in next 6 months.

So, considering all these points, it made sense to me to go for Safari instead of XUV. Many folks who might be on fence like me - due to some missing features in previous Safari, will definitely checkout the Safari. And who knows, if Tata can offer better delivery dates, we will see many buyers tempted to go for Safari.

For me, I am not much worried about 4*4 or petrol engine, so those advantages of XUV are not applicable in my case. So, for an external viewer these features might be cons for Safari, but the major pro that Safari might have is - Faster Delivery. Why would I reject my dream SUV if I get a chance to get it around Diwali? I remember i had to wait for 2-3 weeks just to get my test drive on XUV as the test car was not available at location like Pune.

Note: I am not an expert or driving enthusiast, so please forgive my ignorance if I might have said something wrong.
josh_27007 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 22:36   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
Hello Everyone,

This question is for academic purposes only because I do not intend to buy a car at all. The question is, which is a better car now - The Tata Safari 2023 or the XUV7OO?

Of course, there are various parameters like speed, comfort, handling, ride comfort, creature comforts, reliability, price (value), after sales, etc etc etc... What do you guys think?

Regards
Probably XUV 700, if you ignore design and emotional feel good features out.

XUV 700 is a much more sorted car than the Tata Safari. It does have a better engine, transmission, suspension etc. objectively. The basic things that matter the most.

Subjectively, I like how Safari looks and feels.
inwester is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 00:06   #102
BHPian

Can any one let me know, if lane change camera which gets activated when turn indicators are turned on is available as part of 360 degree camera or part of Adas package.
Old 19th October 2023, 02:02   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Regards
Unless you want a petrol car or an AWD, the Safari is clearly a better package to me.
Safari Persona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 07:36   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Thank you for this!

At the top variant ex-showroom price of ~27 lakhs you can get Toyota Innova Hycross VX(O), which is mechanical well sorted, very reliable, and decently kitted, but perhaps not as feature rich. Add a few lakhs more and you can get a Diesel Tucson. Mahindra XUV 700 top variant is a full 2-3 lakh cheaper. I'm personally a fan of how the car looks, all the features they have added, the 5-star safety rating, but I think Tata might be over estimating their brand equity, especially with all the rough edges, niggles, reliability issues and after sales support. Only time will tell.

Good luck Tata.
Excellent analysis and summary. Completely agree that the strategy of carmakers these days with launches, seems to be to confuse people so much with variants, sub-variants, options within sub-variants, dual tone options etc. - so much so, that the customer becomes numb and lets the sales person take over rather than using their rational judgement. The sales person can then upsell little by little, and land the customer a couple of variants above the feature set they genuinely want and need and what their budgets allow.

The pricing ladder here is clearly an incremental upsell, with a 6-7% variant-over-variant premium, just a little less than the incremental cost premium where the customer decides an upgrade to the next variant is not worth it.

To me, Accomplished AT seems to be the overall best value posture for those seeking an Automatic. All necessary convenience, safety features covered and most nice-to-have luxuries also covered. The incremental features in Accomplished + are ADAS (which I think will be shut off most of the time in Indian traffic conditions), second row ventilated seats (which frankly are not valuable except for those who are chauffer driven)
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 07:54   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Can any one let me know, if lane change camera which gets activated when turn indicators are turned on is available as part of 360 degree camera or part of Adas package.
It’s a part of the 360 degree cam. I have a non ADAS version and it works just fine.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks