Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 12:55   #271
Senior - BHPian

Great car with a great engine. Now comes the testing time for TATAs to iron out any Niggles and make this car a hit.
Old 10th November 2009, 13:28   #272
BHPian

The Nano has passed the EuroNCAP test. Has the MANZA gone through the same test?? If yes , what are the results ??? If no, why?
Is it because that the NANO is " Made for the World" & MANZA is " MAde for India"!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHPians kindly confirm
Old 10th November 2009, 15:12   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
The Nano has passed the EuroNCAP test. Has the MANZA gone through the same test?? If yes , what are the results ??? If no, why?
Is it because that the NANO is " Made for the World" & MANZA is " MAde for India"!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHPians kindly confirm
+1 to above.

Also why EuroNCAP website does not talk about Tata Nano being even tested for Euro NCAP test?
Old 10th November 2009, 15:30   #274

Thirty five!

The legacy of 35*C continues! I checked out three different Manzas last week. Each one showed 35*C as the temperature. Eerie.
I don't think there has been sufficient discussion on this on the forum. Anyone else agrees?
Old 10th November 2009, 17:07   #275
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

For those that doubt it inspite of no news of the manza being tested for euroncap crash testing, would like to point out that the nano was tested for the same much after we all got to see the car is flesh and blood, and the same should be the case with the manza, so there does NOT seem to be a dual standard there.

Ofcourse the manza should fare much better than the nano in the safety tests we obviously did not expect or rather hope for much with the nano on the crash test, and it did fairly OK with modifications for the world market, the manza should fare much better even with no changes.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:05   #276
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumujumdar View Post
The legacy of 35*C continues! I checked out three different Manzas last week. Each one showed 35*C as the temperature. Eerie.
I don't think there has been sufficient discussion on this on the forum. Anyone else agrees?
Shows up as 32* in one of our pictures. Look up the dashboard shot.
Old 10th November 2009, 20:03   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Shows up as 32* in one of our pictures. Look up the dashboard shot.
Indeed, I did, before posting. Your car shows a drop in temp of 3* in five minutes. So how does this thermo work? Takes a while to sense temperature?
I asked the showroom guy. He mentioned 'some setting has to be done', but he sounded quite unsure of himself. And obviously you did not set anything, so this could not be true.
I have an electronic thermo (the medical kind). Turn it on, and within seconds, it starts responding. The showroom was air-conditioned, so the thermo should've moved fast.
Clue me in.
Old 10th November 2009, 20:55   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
+1 to above.

Also why EuroNCAP website does not talk about Tata Nano being even tested for Euro NCAP test?
Coz it not sold in Europe ! They need to pass tests to be sold there.

They should make IndianBingBang Test for Indian driving conditions and the test cars should come in two models, with ABS/Airbag and without these.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:20   #279
Senior - BHPian

For the masses, what mostly matters is pricing,mileage,resale and a.s.s. Unfortunate as it may be, safety is rock bottom at the list of priorities for the average Indian customer.

Car sales for specific models in Europe have known to suffer because of poor NCAP ratings. That will never happen in India.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 10th November 2009 at 21:22.
Old 10th November 2009, 22:39   #280
BHPian

I agree

Quote:
All the dash images I have seen in different mags and road tests show 35, even I have started getting a feeling that its some glitch in the sensors/ electronics
Old 10th November 2009, 23:32   #281
BHPian

Quote:
So i guess we have the 1st niggle to be reported in Manza which should be rectified in the second batch of production. It probably starts to sense the temperature once the key is turned on . But some of electronics get power, off the battery even without the key .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
As much as I remember, The Aura, Aura ABS and Aura+ comes with chrome on the sides(the dealer said so) and AURA + has it even on the Bumper and on the Rear.
The TD vehicle that I drove was an Aura and not an Aura+, but it still had chrome on the doors( not the handles). I have taken some snaps of the TD vehicle. Will upload it in the evening.
The 2nd diesel TD vehicle i drove was a maroon plain AURA and not abs or + , but it had the chrome strip on the body. No strips on the handle or bumper. Only the base model comes with no chrome strips whatsoever according to the sales person.

When the dealers said they could give the Puntos in 1 week , they took 3 weeks . So now if they are saying 1 month straight off for the Manza which is made in the same factory , you can guess it is definitely going to take longer than 1 month, initially though.
Old 11th November 2009, 00:53   #282
BHPian

@ GTO

Pardon my ignorance, but was Team-BHP invited for this test drive or was it an initiative from your side??
Old 11th November 2009, 02:59   #283
Senior - BHPian

Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
So i guess we have the 1st niggle to be reported in Manza which should be rectified in the second batch of production.
A little premature to call this a niggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
When the dealers said they could give the Puntos in 1 week , they took 3 weeks . So now if they are saying 1 month straight off for the Manza which is made in the same factory , you can guess it is definitely going to take longer than 1 month, initially though.
Fantastic logic. Irrefutable.
Old 11th November 2009, 06:10   #284
Senior - BHPian

The delivery logic- I am very interested to see an actual case. IF (CAPS intended) the dealer gives it any sooner, we can rejoice of the "discovery" that Fiat is indeed being given a step-motherly treatment by TATA (as if we need a confirmation...)
Old 11th November 2009, 10:46   #285
BHPian

When I visited Techno Automobiles on sunday, a black Aura was on display, I really loved the black colour.

On delivery, the salesman said "it will take about 10 days for the stock to arrive, but if I am looking for a specific colour and trim level, then it will depend on the production and he will not be able to give a fixed date.

Atleast he was honest not to make a commitment and then make customers run around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks