Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 11:52   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Dear Alan - Off roading in Mahape, here we come! Now, there are two. Abhishek's and "my good old ---". I am attaching a photograph of "---" just for comparison. Then, there will be many more!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
I love what you have done with the air intake.

No offence, but it is above the nose level of most drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Sir please do add uneven body lines and rusty bits. My car even though i have not driven it as it is not yet registered, for what ever God forsaken reason. The car has started to rust. The car left the factory on the 25th of January and today on 8th of Feb it is already rusting.

I definately would ask anyone wanting to put 6 or 7 odd lakhs down for the Thar to think and rethink atleast a lakh times over. It is your hard earned money that you would see rusting away.

Speedy, you seem to be theoly owner of the Thar on the forum. I am looking forward to the initial drive and the whole ownership experience from your end!

Pls hurry and get the vehicle registered!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th February 2011 at 11:57. Reason: Back to back posts, please use multi quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 9th February 2011, 12:14   #887
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Speedy, you seem to be theoly owner of the Thar on the forum. I am looking forward to the initial drive and the whole ownership experience from your end!

Pls hurry and get the vehicle registered!!
On the forum Jeep Captain and myself are Thar owners for now.

I would not be able to do that as this car would not be used on the streets as a daily drive, but only for Offroading. I can but tell you she is excellent on the roads and does not feel like a jeep. She is smooth and very car and does a 100 with ease. This i have seen with the tbhp test car.

The registration bit is left to Mahindra dealership as i would not need them if i have to do everything myself . My car PDI was also not done and neither any polish or anything, just washed with water and given. They might as well start a DIY (do it yourself) approach, where a customer places the order in the factory, does the PDI, collects the car and does the formalities himself.
Old 9th February 2011, 13:07   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the forum Jeep Captain and myself are Thar owners for now.

...., where a customer places the order in the factory, does the PDI, collects the car and does the formalities himself.
CONGRATS Speedy and JC on your acquisition of the THAR CRDe.

Awaiting your ownership experience - not the dealership experience

Please post pictures
Old 9th February 2011, 13:08   #889
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Abhishek - I want to personally come and see your car. Will Sunday 13 February be OK? This is the only slot I can find due to extremely tight schedule / travel. Please do let me know.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 9th February 2011, 13:14   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Abhishek - I want to personally come and see your car. Will Sunday 13 February be OK? This is the only slot I can find due to extremely tight schedule / travel. Please do let me know.

Best regards,
Behram Dhabhar
Well Abhishek,

This is the BEST experience one can get in buying the THAR .

Sir, will you do Chennai visit too?
Old 9th February 2011, 13:16   #891
BANNED

Quote:
They might as well start a DIY (do it yourself) approach, where a customer places the order in the factory, does the PDI, collects the car and does the formalities himself.
I am ready , even to work on assembly line (for my car of course )

IF ' they' are giving any kind of discount

Vinod , can you help me ?

Sudarshan
Old 9th February 2011, 13:45   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram uncle, This is very kind of you. I will co-ordinate the time convinient to you on the phone and bring the car over to your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
I am ready , even to work on assembly line (for my car of course )

IF ' they' are giving any kind of discount

Vinod , can you help me ?

Sudarshan
I think this would be asking for too much Sudarshan.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:14   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir please do add uneven body lines and rusty bits. My car even though i have not driven it as it is not yet registered, for what ever God forsaken reason. The car has started to rust. The car left the factory on the 25th of January and today on 8th of Feb it is already rusting.

I definately would ask anyone wanting to put 6 or 7 odd lakhs down for the Thar to think and rethink atleast a lakh times over. It is your hard earned money that you would see rusting away.
This is bad. Since the Thar is being made at Nashik and goes through a better painting process (I guess the paint booths initially installed for Ford cars), it should definitely be rust free. Do they cover this in their warranty like some of the other car manufacturers?
Old 9th February 2011, 14:23   #894
BHPian

Quote:
The car has started to rust. The car left the factory on the 25th of January and today on 8th of Feb it is already rusting.

Really shame to hear such bad news from a so claimed life style vehicle. Even showroom display models are also has the symptoms of resting here and there.

So now, I hope, if you do some touch-up paint works on the rested ared then M&M will void the warrenty on the body as well.

sadiq

Last edited by Salikt : 9th February 2011 at 14:27.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:45   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
This is bad. Since the Thar is being made at Nashik and goes through a better painting process (I guess the paint booths initially installed for Ford cars), it should definitely be rust free. Do they cover this in their warranty like some of the other car manufacturers?
Then again it takes 4 days for a car to travel 160kms from Nasik to Bombay, so you can imagine the rest for yourself. The Mechanical team has done a fabulous job, but the least said for the body shop the better. As far as my experience with the Mahindra dealership goes, they only know how to take away warrenty and not cover warrenty or give additional warrenties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
So now, I hope, if you do some touch-up paint works on the rested ared then M&M will void the warrenty on the body as well.

My car is the only one which does not carry any warrenties and no service plans with Mahindra. I do not have suspension, brake or body warrenties as i plan on modifying things. Engine and gearbox warrenty i have given up as i do not plan to send my car to Mahindra for anything, hence no service as well with them.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:47   #896
BHPian

Khan_sultan,
We must have been at the same dealership (Sireesh on Hosur Road) had gone there to check out the Thar with my cousin on the sunday. Got the Owner of the Crde Thar to have a quick look into his just delivered vehicle. My cousin is in love with the Thar and now SHE wants to buy it.
Showroom guy said bookings closed and not expected to open for a couple of months more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
This weekend, as I was passing by a M&M dealer, I stopped by after noticing a Thar with a soft top.

As per that dealer in Bangalore:
  • Only 2 Thar's have been sold till date from that showroom and they have NO more deliveries planned
  • There are some production issues with the Thar and no idea when the next batch will come
  • When asked for when can one get a TD, he mentioned: wait for 3-4 months for a TD
  • 40K for the A/C install. It is a bolero A/C
This is the first time I saw the soft top and I can't imagine an A/C being effective in that. It was like an oven in there and one could not even put hands on the inside of the soft top when sitting in the vehicle.

And yes, the soft top makes it look like a 'people mover' and not a 'lifestyle' vehicle as it is being targeted by M&M.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:59   #897
BHPian

I would have been a owner too, but mine is still several weeks away. I think someone had mentioned on the forum that the 2011 batch will only be ready mid-march...that so far seems to be the reality.

I was offered a showroom vehicle to help get over my Tharlessness but I'd rather wait for a spanking new one, after all my money would be new too . So on the forum of thousands there are only three buyers for version 1? Why do I feel so weird now.

So I have to wait and finally get the Thar, just as the "wind in the hair" changes to that of a blow dryer. Now, I have literally, run out of smilies.

Hope you all stay smart and buy smart.

Regards,

Chaunfa
Old 9th February 2011, 17:54   #898
Senior - BHPian

As per reports from The gateway of Thar an event at Mandawa Dunes. The Thar performed much better on climbing the dunes than 550 and 3B and was more fun to drive in this terrain.

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-th4.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-th5.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-th2.jpg

And in Jaipur atleast it is a big hit and can be seen on roads already. Also I know some people who have booked and are waiting for delivery.

Also I happen to see a 2011 Thar CRDe at a local Auto expo. I feel Mahindra is already making finer changes to the fit and finish. They might not have come out officially with the V2 but the new ones are better integrated and for a change I couldn't find rust at the places spoken on this thread.

EDIT-Pics- courtesy Nitin Yadav Facebook..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 9th February 2011 at 18:01.
Old 9th February 2011, 18:51   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Also I happen to see a 2011 Thar CRDe at a local Auto expo.
What is the difference between a 2010 model Thar CRDe and 2011 model? BTW, what tyre and tyre pressures were they running, any idea?

Quote:
As per reports from The gateway of Thar an event at Mandawa Dunes. The Thar performed much better on climbing the dunes than 550 and 3B and was more fun to drive in this terrain.
Oh! that's surprising!

Spike

PS- There is a MGE happening there next week.
Old 9th February 2011, 19:15   #900
BHPian

Ym-enjn,

Thanks for sharing the pics. First time reading a thar driving experience without a "It is good,killer etc and last a "but" and lots of -VE's ". 550s and 3bs are getting old and may be even those machines are getting bored .

Sreejesh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks