Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2017, 08:57   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

After my SX4 and Celerio, the two wheelers at home got the movell plates recently. So now we have a uniform theme across the garage
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499916381.775138.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499916438.555494.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499916452.537395.jpg
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.

Since UP doesn't issue HSRP yet, I got Movell Licenses Plates in Speedex normal style. This is a simple and good-looking design and least likely to attract the attention of the wrong kind.

Total time between confirmation of order and delivery at home was 72 hours, which is impressive since they are in Thrissur and I am in Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-whatsapp-image-20171222-12.15.22.jpeg  

architect is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 12:13   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
After my SX4 and Celerio, the two wheelers at home got the movell plates recently. So now we have a uniform theme across the garage
Could you please tell me what your order link is on ebay? Because for the life of me I am unable to find this specific combo with the frames!
Old 9th February 2018, 12:45   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Could you please tell me what your order link is on ebay? Because for the life of me I am unable to find this specific combo with the frames!
Since I am not sure if you are looking for the bike or car plates, here is the link to their store https://www.ebay.in/sch/movellicense...1&_ipg=&_from=

This is the link to the bike plate with frame: https://www.ebay.in/itm/movell-licen...IAAOSwax5Y04uJ

This is the link to the car plate with frame: https://www.ebay.in/itm/movell-licen...4AAOSwmgJY2gjx
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 13:01   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I wasn't able to find that combination either! It was there a few months back, not there anymore I guess. Anyway, so I sent them a text on Whatsapp asking whether they still print plates like these. They said they do, so I just ordered plates with German font and sent them the order details. They said they'll eliminate those symbol-thingies. Just ordered yesterday.
Also, you can order through their website : http://movelllicenseplates.com
There's a Rs.200 discount.
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 13:04   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
I wasn't able to find that combination either! It was there a few months back, not there anymore I guess. Anyway, so I sent them a text on Whatsapp asking whether they still print plates like these. They said they do, so I just ordered plates with German font and sent them the order details. They said they'll eliminate those symbol-thingies. Just ordered yesterday.
Are you referring to the German symbol on the plate? That is just a sticker which sometimes they send separately, or even if stuck can be removed without fuss. I have removed it for all my vehicles now.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 13:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Are you referring to the German symbol on the plate? That is just a sticker which sometimes they send separately, or even if stuck can be removed without fuss. I have removed it for all my vehicles now.
Oh! How stupid of me!
Yes it is indeed that symbol I was referring to. Don't like it on the plates. I guess they'll send separately for me then, having mentioned "PLAIN BACKGROUND" multiple times in the conversation.
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 13:32   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since I am not sure if you are looking for the bike or car plates, here is the link to their store
Thanks!

Ordered them for my Jupiter first, hope they're good, will order another set for the car and the Versys altogether
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 08:35   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Since UP doesn't issue HSRP yet, I got Movell Licenses Plates in Speedex normal style. This is a simple and good-looking design and least likely to attract the attention of the wrong kind.

Total time between confirmation of order and delivery at home was 72 hours, which is impressive since they are in Thrissur and I am in Delhi.

Do the plates come with holes for mounting? I'd imagine different car models have different specs for the holes (size as well as position). Does the Movell online ordering process ask for the specific make/model/year of the car, so that they know where to make the holes?

Lastly, what is the advantage of a frame?
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:29   #55
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Do the plates come with holes for mounting? I'd imagine different car models have different specs for the holes (size as well as position). Does the Movell online ordering process ask for the specific make/model/year of the car, so that they know where to make the holes?

Lastly, what is the advantage of a frame?
The periphery of the frame (border) needs to be wedged/pried open.

The base of the frame has multiple holes and this should be enough to fix the screws/bolts for most cars. If the hole is off by a few millimetres you can make one of the existing ones bigger carefully using a pin or wooden drill bit and low power drill.

Once the frame base is fixed on the car, the registration plate can be pushed/pressed in and will sit snugly.

After this, you need to fix the frame border which has 6 clips, several protruding pins/teeth that lock in to holes on the border of the frame base.

Advantage of the frame are
1. The metallic number plate will not bend
2. Aesthetics - no holes on the number plate, the screw/bolt is fixed on the frame base and hidden away behind the plate.

Last edited by NPV : 23rd February 2018 at 09:34.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:46   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The periphery of the frame (border) needs to be wedged/pried open.

The base of the frame has multiple holes and this should be enough to fix the screws/bolts for most cars. If the hole is off by a few millimetres you can make one of the existing ones bigger carefully using a pin or wooden drill bit and low power drill.

Once the frame base is fixed on the car, the registration plate can be pushed/pressed in and will sit snugly.

After this, you need to fix the frame border which has 6 clips, several protruding pins/teeth that lock in to holes on the border of the frame base.

Advantage of the frame are
1. The metallic number plate will not bend
2. Aesthetics - no holes on the number plate, the screw/bolt is fixed on the frame base and hidden away behind the plate.
Thanks!

Is the frame made of plastic? Or metal?

If plastic, someone can just forcefully yank it away and walk away with the broken frame with the metallic plate inside it intact, isn't it?
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:05   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If plastic, someone can just forcefully yank it away and walk away with the broken frame with the metallic plate inside it intact, isn't it?
The frame is made of plastic.

If someone intends to yank it away forcefully, he can do so but only by damaging the bottom half of the frame (That touches the car's body) which is held by the screw.

Have a look at these snaps that will give you an idea:

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-20161021_114323.jpg

IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-20161021_113949.jpg

So if someone wants to steal this, he can do this by first prying open the outer half of the frame, pulling out the plate (intact) and then using a screw driver to remove the inner half of the frame .
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:21   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Why will someone want to steal your number plate

Even if they want to steal the frame, it isnt an easy task to remove the base unless they come ready with a screwdriver and sorts. If one has to ensure that the plate and frame are theft deterrent, then a suitable method would be to run instant glue along the gap between the frame and its base plate. This will make removal of the frame really difficult, and care must be taken in case it needs to be removed.
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Guys, someone copied my number plate and had a series of accidents (three cars banged by the guy) on 25th Jan 2018 - late night in Bangalore. I was in Wayanad then. He was captured by multiple CCTVs and it turned out to be a dark coloured VW. Mine is Nexon.

Luckily his broken number plate fell off along with VW insignia. So cops and the irate owners let me go, else I'd be in big trouble. Will pen my experience in right thread, when I find time (been really busy of late). So such things do happen and cops say are very common these days. Have filed police complaint and there is a look out against this VW.

Quote:
Why will someone want to steal your number plate

Even if they want to steal the frame, it isnt an easy task to remove the base unless they come ready with a screwdriver and sorts. If one has to ensure that the plate and frame are theft deterrent, then a suitable method would be to run instant glue along the gap between the frame and its base plate. This will make removal of the frame really difficult, and care must be taken in case it needs to be removed.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:41   #60
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's my experience with the Movell License plates (got the Speedex font normal plates without "IND")...
Why ?
Dizzy® came with acrylic plates (with stickered registration number) from the dealer and was doing fine for over 10 years. Recently during a security check at a hotel, the sniffer dog's vest got entangled in the front plate and broke it in half and now I had to reason to replace the plates

What ?
Since HSRP plates aren't yet implemented in Karnataka, decided to get the non-IND type plates. Though I liked the German font ones, some numbers have a cut/break like the 0, 6, 9, etc so decided to stick to the Speedex font plates. Only grouse I have is that they could have been a tad bigger (you can see in the pics that they're not centered on the plate and tad smaller than the German font plates like the ones audioholic and paragsachania have).

Where ?
Placed the order online on Movell's website. Did not get any order confirmation email or order/shipping status but it was dispatched the very next day evening by DTDC. After couple of days I called the number on the website and was told that it was dispatched the very next day and then I started tracking the package. It took a painful 4 more days to be delivered as it went from their Central hub to the Whitefield hub and then to the outlet servicing our area.

The package from DTDC
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-1.package.jpg

How to fix ?
*Thanks to friendly Mod Vid6639 and D Paragsachania for guiding me on how to fix the plates.

Let the pictures do most of the talking from here..
Tools Used
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-2.tools.jpg

Top border of the frame removed from frame base
This needs to be pried open using something to wedge like a knife/steel ruler/thin screw driver. I used a broken hack-saw (smaller/broken edge) as can be seen in the tools picture above
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-3.frame-top-border-removed.jpg

Clips on the frame top border
There are 6 such clips. Do not try using nose pliers or such, they will break away and I was naive enough to try that first despite being warned by Viddy! Then Parag suggested using a steel ruler and I ended up with the hacksaw jugaad.
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-4.clips-frame-top.jpg

Pins/Teeth on the frame top border
There are corresponding holes on the periphery of the frame base where these lock in place to give a snug fit.
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-5.pins-frame-top.jpg

Front number plate frame base fixed
I could have used the oblong holes in the first row, but it would have lowered the plate a tad bit and the round holes were almost perfect, just one of them needed to be opened up a little for which I used the drill with the wooden bit
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-6.front-plate-frame-fixed.jpg

Rear number plate frame base fixed
Again, used the row 2 round holes here
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-7.rear-plate-frame-fixed.jpg

Next, place the plate on the frame base and press it into place, it fits snugly and then fix the frame border - just need to align the pins and clips with corresponding holes and press them into place.

Here are the final results
Front
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-8.front-final.jpg

Rear
IND-style Number Plates : Movell, Orbiz etc.-9.rearfinal.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 23rd February 2018 at 20:58.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks