Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 20:40   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lambretta scooter lovers here ?

I regularly see this nicely done Lambretta near my house.

I'm not a scoot guy, so I can't gauge her vintage, but I really like the way she's been done - whitewalls et al !!
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00240.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00241.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00242.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00243.jpg  

Old 11th March 2012, 21:02   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post

I'm not a scoot guy, so I can't gauge her vintage, but I really like the way she's been done - whitewalls et al !!
She is a late 60s model, and every day takes pride of place outside the shop. Goes back in in the evenings

OT - didn't know you stay there - will buzz you next time I'm there.
Old 11th March 2012, 22:25   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
She is a late 60s model, and every day takes pride of place outside the shop. Goes back in in the evenings
Yes does look nicely done, except for that Chetak legshield box, which is a real eyesore!!
'have seen quite a few Lammys fitted with them!
Old 13th March 2012, 09:00   #844
BHPian

Quote:

Why are there no side shield handles? Has it been converted to the Lamby 150's locking type for the side shields?
Old 20th March 2012, 00:02   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

OT - didn't know you stay there - will buzz you next time I'm there.
OT me too ! Anytime bro' Just call !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Yes does look nicely done, except for that Chetak legshield box, which is a real eyesore!!
'have seen quite a few Lammys fitted with them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Why are there no side shield handles? Has it been converted to the Lamby 150's locking type for the side shields?
Hey guys, I'm scooter-challenged . But thanks for the inputs. Despite the bit of unoriginality, she looks really sweet, in the flesh !!
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:02   #846
BHPian

Need Help with My Lamby 150.

Hi All, My Lamby was riding smooth, I had some problem with the Horn / Light switch. So i thought of fixing a Bike Ignition with light on/off on the ignition itself. My mech, and myself completed it. All of a sudden scooter switched off. Then we were unable to start and after a long time started it. Every time i accelerate the scooter, it chokes itself, and produces high noise, and goes off. But once the scooter crosses 40-45. It rides Smooth as ever. Any lead?
Old 24th March 2012, 09:58   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinikasyap View Post
Need Help with My Lamby 150.

Hi All, My Lamby was riding smooth, I had some problem with the Horn / Light switch. So i thought of fixing a Bike Ignition with light on/off on the ignition itself. My mech, and myself completed it. All of a sudden scooter switched off. Then we were unable to start and after a long time started it. Every time i accelerate the scooter, it chokes itself, and produces high noise, and goes off. But once the scooter crosses 40-45. It rides Smooth as ever. Any lead?
Dude,
Which bike's ign switch is being used? I tried using the switch from TVS Suzuki Max 100 R on my Vijai & it worked properly till I replaced it with the original switch for Vijai Super. To just rule out the possibility that your scooter is stil ok, remove the green wire inside the junction box behind the headlamp and try starting the scooter. If things are fine then it is the switch.
And what do you mean by "scooter producing high noise?"
-Ilango
Old 28th March 2012, 17:03   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Dude,
Which bike's ign switch is being used? I tried using the switch from TVS Suzuki Max 100 R on my Vijai & it worked properly till I replaced it with the original switch for Vijai Super. To just rule out the possibility that your scooter is stil ok, remove the green wire inside the junction box behind the headlamp and try starting the scooter. If things are fine then it is the switch.
And what do you mean by "scooter producing high noise?"
-Ilango
Its a Suzuki Max 100R's ign switch, it fits properly. Engine noise becomes loud( Like seizure), and the scooter stops. Within a few minutes it starts back.
Old 29th March 2012, 10:30   #849
BHPian

Restoration of Zaid's Vijai DL

Attached are the pictures of the cosmetic revamp that the Vijai DL underwent.
1. Before restoration
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn1445.jpg
2. Chassis painted Pearl white & interiors in Orange
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-07032012125.jpg
3. Ninja Green & Pearl green finishing for the body panels
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-29032012153.jpg
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-29032012156.jpgLambretta scooter lovers here ?-29032012157.jpg

As the engine & the transmission parts still had lot of life still left in them, only the exteriors were attended. Rear wheel oil seal & Front wheel bearings were replaced. Coils were rewound for DC & a Bajaj 3 wheeler Rectifier is being used. Chrome plating, Aluminium buffing, Nylon lined control cables, All Stainless steel fasteners & GP Flag are the key features. New tyres from Ceat. A single long seat and a GP style sprint rack for the rear are underway. Will post those pics as soon as they go into the scooter.
Planning to bring it to road for this weekend
-Ilango
Old 29th March 2012, 13:54   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ilango - the scooter looks lovely. when can I see it?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 29th March 2012, 16:20   #851
BHPian

I see a Jawa in the first pic!! Was this meet in Pune? Would love to come along and see these beauties!
Old 29th March 2012, 21:27   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Restoration of Zaid's Vijai DL

Quote:
Attached are the pictures of the cosmetic revamp that the Vijai DL underwent.
Looks nice although, with due respect to the owners, many of these restored Vijais in India are being done up to look like Lambretta GPs after people came to know the origin, including the long seat etc. would be nice if they were done up to retain the Vijai look as that's a uniqueness in its own way.
Old 29th March 2012, 21:44   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Looks nice although, with due respect to the owners, many of these restored Vijais in India are being done up to look like Lambretta GPs after people came to know the origin, including the long seat etc. would be nice if they were done up to retain the Vijai look as that's a uniqueness in its own way.
Agreed dude, But this was how Zaid wanted his scooter to look like, after the restoration.
I am happy in a way that this scooter didnt find its way to Europe, but has a person locally to pamper and care for it. It retains its Indian originality in the sense that all the parts are Made in India. Even the seat was made locally with expertise from sheet metal workshops inside the Industrial Estate area.

@ BD Sir, The scooter will be at my residence in Pimpri till this week end. On a lighter note, I have to wind up with this stuff before my better half returns from her home town

Last edited by ilangop : 29th March 2012 at 21:57.
Old 29th March 2012, 22:31   #854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It retains its Indian originality in the sense that all the parts are Made in India. Even the seat was made locally with expertise from sheet metal workshops inside the Industrial Estate area.
Um, thats not what I meant by retaining its 'Indianness'. IMHO nothing wrong in fitting mechanical parts that are made abroad (the quality is better for one thing ) but I meant cosmetic things that were unique to the Vijais like the seats, badges (is it going to be fitted with Vijai Super badges?)
Old 30th March 2012, 10:08   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Um, thats not what I meant by retaining its 'Indianness'. IMHO nothing wrong in fitting mechanical parts that are made abroad (the quality is better for one thing ) but I meant cosmetic things that were unique to the Vijais like the seats, badges (is it going to be fitted with Vijai Super badges?)
Quality of imported parts , I know how I brunt my fingers running after the so called export quality parts. Physical appearence alone is not the mark of quality. I was at least sensible enough not to have gone for power train parts. Most of them were only cosmetic parts that I were later replaced with NOS parts in my scooter. I can furnish you a list of such parts if you would be interested in.
Yes, it will be with the Vijai Badge only. Can't afford to have a Grand Prix 150 badge. I guess, looking at the scooter as a Vijai with the GP flag & a long seat (for the sake of comfort) would help you digest the situation .
As said earlier, I am only the implementor & the ideas are from Zaid's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks