Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 22:37   #781
BHPian

Re: Lambretta scooter lovers here ?

@Priyadarshan. Thanks man. No I will not be doing any work on it. I want to retain the Original Paint as long as i can. Mechanically its Perfect at the Moment. I will surely love to Join you guys for the Lambretta Rally, I was looking forward to it for a long time. Keep me Updated. And yaHow are your Scoots Doing ?@Chanu - Thank you Sir. Yes I have been fortunate enough to lay my hands on such a nice Piece as with my other cars and bikes in my collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Dude.. welcome back after a long time.. She looks good. Have you started any work on it?? By the way we are organising a rally of lambretta scooters in Pune on the next sunday. It would be great if you can join it..

Priyadarshan
Old 13th September 2011, 22:44   #782
BHPian

Re: Bombay lambrettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Two of my favorite Lambrettas caught beautifully in action on flickr by a really talented photographer.
This shot needs a manual camera. If you have a manual camera perhaps SLR - use a 1000 ASA film and set the shutter speed to about 2000th of a second. Those who have a manual camera should try it out and have a lot of fun especially sports action. Mohaan
Old 14th September 2011, 08:12   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram
@Priyadarshan. Thanks man. No I will not be doing any work on it. I want to retain the Original Paint as long as i can. Mechanically its Perfect at the Moment. I will surely love to Join you guys for the Lambretta Rally, I was looking forward to it for a long time. Keep me Updated. And yaHow are your Scoots Doing ?@Chanu - Thank you Sir. Yes I have been fortunate enough to lay my hands on such a nice Piece as with my other cars and bikes in my collection.
Dear shreeram, patience always pays and in your case it definitely has! Superb scooter, I would love to check it out when I am in Pune next. Do get it detailed if you don't want to repaint it. Rgds Amol
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 08:56   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
Hello Guys heres my 69' Lambretta. This Photo was clicked the First day i got it home. Its a Daily Driver for me. Its Got all original Receipts of Purchase, Maintenance Records, Original Tool Kit. Original Paint.
Hi Shreeram,
Congratulations on your new possession. Let us meet on the rally day.
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 09:30   #785
BHPian

@ Amol - Thanks, Yes Sure You can Visit to see the scoot anytime. Yes i am thinking of detailing it. But got a few other interesting Restorations Underway so not touching the Scoot at this pint of time. @ilangop - Thanks. Yes We will surely meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Dear shreeram, patience always pays and in your case it definitely has! Superb scooter, I would love to check it out when I am in Pune next. Do get it detailed if you don't want to repaint it. Rgds Amol
Old 14th September 2011, 16:50   #786
Senior - BHPian

@ Stanher,

That is news to me. I live up north and am yet to see a Lambretta but will be on the lookout!!
Old 14th September 2011, 18:59   #787
BHPian

Shortbread, you may be a bit far up north to see any Lambrettas but i will assure you there are plenty about in the uk. Some of the better organised runs are attended by 500+ scooters. The most i have ridden with was 900, albeit a mixture of lambrettas, v8spas and the dreaded 'twist and go'.
There is in fact a scooter club called the 'Aberdeen Outlaws'.
Mitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 21:49   #788
BHPian

Hello, Words from you guys bout my scooter urged me to click more Pics. So here they are. Hope you like them.

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0603.1.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0603.2.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0605.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0606.1.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0607.1.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0608.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0609.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0610.jpg

The Original Toolkit
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0602.jpg

The Original Keys
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dscn0611.jpg
Shreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 22:21   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello, Words from you guys bout my scooter urged me to click more Pics. So here they are. Hope you like them.
Looks very good! IMHO the present look would also look fine on it, with a little polish job!
Of course, you may know better about the condition!

Good to know you got the original key with it! Just do get it straightened.

What year is the scoot?

Last edited by Stanher : 18th September 2011 at 22:22.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:07   #790
BHPian

Yes Shyam, I am going to get it polished. I dint try to straighten the key, i am afraid it will break. So thought its better to keep it the way it is.
and yes Its a 69'
Old 19th September 2011, 13:11   #791
Senior - BHPian

Scooter looks very original, thanks to the previous owner who kept it this way, regarding the key that can be straightened up by little heating it will not break for sure however get a duplicate done up once straightened and then start using that and keep this piece of gold safe. Please use copper key only. Regarding the polish give a clean wash and loads of Waxpol that should make it look awesome.. even a coat of lyker is not a bad idea at all.
Old 19th September 2011, 13:22   #792
BHPian

Yaa. Heating it is a good idea . I will get it done. I was thinking of getting it Laquered as it will be more long lasting than Wax job.
Old 19th September 2011, 19:29   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yaa. Heating it is a good idea . I will get it done. I was thinking of getting it Laquered as it will be more long lasting than Wax job.
Thinking of clear coating is a very good idea it will seal the patina, the look . I am a big fon of this kinda stuff. just dismantle most of the stuff, replace the required rubber and nuts / bolts. get the bare body clear coated.
Old 19th September 2011, 20:04   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before than have it dented/tinkered if not to the best but at least get the odd shapes on the mud guard, side fenders and then lacquered. You also need to get some anti rust work done on the foot board also apart from under body, all the best to you.
Old 20th September 2011, 00:17   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys heres my 69' Lambretta. This Photo was clicked the First day i got it home. Its a Daily Driver for me. Its Got all original Receipts of Purchase, Maintenance Records, Original Tool Kit. Original Paint.

It was Purchased by the First owner in 69 and used daily, then was used by his son till the day i got it. Now i am using it daily. I was searching for one for a long time until i saw this one, one day. Met the owner and inquired if he wanted to sell it. He was reluctant as he had an emotional bond with it - Was his fathers scoot purchased brand new and he too was using it until now - he is now in the 60's. But he was thinking of selling it as he had got arthritis and was advised not to kick start his scooter. He made me run from pillar to post for atleast 3 weeks. He used to call me the next day to finalize the deal and then used to tell me one reason or the other to postpone it the next day. After persuading him to sell it for a long time he finally gave in after 3 loong weeks.

The Day of sale was also very tense. The day before, he asked me to come the next day morning to finalize the deal. I went there the next morning, and we decided to sit in the nearby restaurant and finalize the deal over some coffee. I had got the Transfer papers ready and filled in. as we sat in the hotel and ordered coffee, i quickly removed my transfer papers to get them signed before he changed his mind again. But before i knew he had changed his mind already. . His new reason - Wednesday was Ashubh (un auspicious) for him for any deal. . I said sir, you are the one getting the Mullah, how can that be un auspicious for you. With a little bit of persuasion he finally signed the papers. But he wanted an alternate means of transportation before he gave it off. So i offered him a Kinetic Honda which would also solve his problem of kick starting too.. and he happily obliged. The Next thing i know is I was finally a proud owner of a cool 69' Lambretta.

Heres the Pic.

Attachment 608785

Hello Mr. Sreeram. Congratulations on your acquisition of the Lambretta. I have been riding one for many years - rather settled down on that scooter after riding many other two wheelers. It is not flashy but it has got utility. Secondly it is easy to maintain - just remove the side panels and you have access to everything. Only adjusting the points was difficult. On the other side once you opened the crankcase cover - engine, clutch and gearbox were separate. Chain ran in oil bath and did not give trouble like on a motorcycle - wear and tear was minimal. Rear brake cable is above the axle (unlike the new scooters including Bajaj scooters)and does not get rusty - besides there is grease nipple to lubricate the brake cam. For an office goer it takes you clean - no splashes of water - you could have a box where you keep your raincoat - and also your picnic snacks. The cable snaps were unexpected - and also the cable outers were easily damaged and rust formed. But today if you can change to friction free cables - perhaps from the autos - the gear change could be like butter. It is unfortunate the company did not make it into a 4 stroke. I used to get nearly 40 kms per litre but not in heavy traffic. I had added shock absorbers in the front. It certainly made a world of a difference to the ride and also protected the front suspension from frequent maintenance. It is a very stable scooter. Please maintain the front brake and use along with the back brake. When you fix your tubes keep an extra rubber from an old tube to prevent water getting inbetween the rim halfs and spoiling the tube. The spring seats give you a much smoother ride which the new bikes do not have. Adjust the tension of the spring on the seat to suit your weight so that you get maximum movement to protect your back on a rough road. Switch to electronic ignition (point free) when you come across someone who can do a good job. May you have enjoyable times with your scooter. Mohaan
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-100_0178.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks