Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which colour for the Fiat 1100/D Special?
Wine Red and White 35 25.93%
Blue and White 36 26.67%
Emerald Green and White 10 7.41%
Midnite Blue and White 54 40.00%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 15:22   #331
Senior - BHPian

Gogi, adding the quarter galss seems to be a good idea, it'l add to the 'period' charm of the car!
Old 11th October 2007, 16:23   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The only problem i would face may be procuring new Green tinted glasses as now they are not made and getting quarter glasses in those tints would be next to impossible The company is "LIGHT"
From the above line I know you've been talking to Ronny...only he could know such details

While I love quarter glasses, They might cause a minor leak when you fit the AC.

Eagerly awaiting further pics.
Old 11th October 2007, 18:35   #333
Senior - BHPian

Excellant work Gogi. I am really waiting to see the completed work on this car. The paint is looking excellant & so does the fabric. I wish you get the Quarter glass as per your reuirement.

I was away from a while but the only thread that was constantly on my mind was this one & I really mean it. Wanted to meet you during the Mahabaleshwar drive but couldnt make it.

All the best for remaining stuff & I am glued to this thread as before
Old 11th October 2007, 19:17   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone have any leads on where i may get these tinted glasses from in or out of bombay? The company is "LIGHT"
I guess it is 'S Light'? I remember seeing glasses of such brand on Heralds/Gazels as well....says "S LIGHT Toughened glass".....
Old 11th October 2007, 19:25   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Gogi, one question - did your car originally have this bootlid stay (as on all post 1100 fiats as well) or was it a mod.?

Because I noticed the '65 1100 Delight didnt have this feature.....it instead has a U-bent metal wire with a narrow 'neck' to hold up the bootlid.....and isnt that good either as the one on my car isnt holding up the dciky at all!
Old 12th October 2007, 00:01   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
From the above line I know you've been talking to Ronny...only he could know such details
While I love quarter glasses, They might cause a minor leak when you fit the AC.
Eagerly awaiting further pics.
You're right about the leak but the A/cs not being put till at least Feb. Will enjoy the weather till then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Excellant work Gogi. I am really waiting to see the completed work on this car. The paint is looking excellant & so does the fabric. I wish you get the Quarter glass as per your reuirement.
I was away from a while but the only thread that was constantly on my mind was this one & I really mean it. Wanted to meet you during the Mahabaleshwar drive but couldnt make it.
All the best for remaining stuff & I am glued to this thread as before
Thank you my encouraging friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I guess it is 'S Light'? I remember seeing glasses of such brand on Heralds/Gazels as well....says "S LIGHT Toughened glass".....

....Gogi, one question - did your car originally have this bootlid stay (as on all post 1100 fiats as well) or was it a mod.?
Because I noticed the '65 1100 Delight didnt have this feature.....it instead has a U-bent metal wire with a narrow 'neck' to hold up the bootlid.....and isnt that good either as the one on my car isnt holding up the dciky at all!
This one just says LIGHT and has a Sunrise logo on it.

Re the bootlid stay, this came with the car. Im guessing it was modified later (as were the no quarter glass front windows) to this, due to its easy to use function. We are already looking for the original bent metal wire and will have that fit for originality. Lets see.
Old 12th October 2007, 02:03   #337
Senior - BHPian

Gogi bhai, please PM me the details of the glass you need, my garage chap here is very, very good with sourcing stuff for classics & vintages so he might be of help. BUT he's travelling from tonight & will only be available from the 26th onwards.
Old 12th October 2007, 22:01   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This one just says LIGHT and has a Sunrise logo on it.
Yup thats the same ones we have on our Gazel as well...
Hmm....maybe I'm confusing the 'S' with some other glass....but never seen any tinted ones.....they are obviously owner-mods.

Quote:
Re the bootlid stay, this came with the car. Im guessing it was modified later (as were the no quarter glass front windows) to this, due to its easy to use function. We are already looking for the original bent metal wire and will have that fit for originality. Lets see.
I do have another bent wire but I recommend you not to fit it back.....I've realised it tends to lose its tensile strength due to age & doesnt hold up the bootlid (as is currently the problem with my car now!).....that can be dangerous as the bootlid can suddenly come closing down & hit you at the back of the neck/head!

Last edited by Stanher : 12th October 2007 at 22:07.
Old 12th October 2007, 22:51   #339

so gogi bhai when can we see the car all shiny and ready???
Old 15th October 2007, 15:19   #340
BHPian

Is the car ready ?? Post some pics of the finished product asap . cant wait to see it !!!
Old 15th October 2007, 17:07   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
so gogi bhai when can we see the car all shiny and ready???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Is the car ready ?? Post some pics of the finished product asap . cant wait to see it !!!
Well guys it would have been at my place today but due to Eid, hes closed for three days, in the meanwhile hes giving my friend's W210 an overcoat so i think it should be home i another 2-3 days. Will post finished pics now as its too close to being done up. After which the Merc 220 will be the next priority. Will need all you guys ka input and suggestions as i got in this project. Thanks fo rthe encouragement and all the wonderful advice I got from all you guys on the forum. Really appreciate it !!
Old 15th October 2007, 17:48   #342
BHPian

Marvellous!!! Great job!!

Hello sir!!
i have gone through the entire thread... have seen all the snaps put up by u!! right from step one, the modifications, restoration, painted car, everything!!! splendid job!! waiting for the final pictures!! well done!! congrats!!!
Old 15th October 2007, 18:12   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn317 View Post
Hello sir!!
i have gone through the entire thread... have seen all the snaps put up by u!! right from step one, the modifications, restoration, painted car, everything!!! splendid job!! waiting for the final pictures!! well done!! congrats!!!
Thanks Mate!!
Will be posting the finished product in a day or two!!
Old 15th October 2007, 19:24   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After which the Merc 220 will be the next priority.
FINALLY!! It was about time you gave the car its due!
Old 15th October 2007, 20:11   #345
BANNED

Kya Gogi bhai,

Two like minded people doing the same thing to the same cars at the same time eh.

Let me know if you need any help.

Viper

Quote:
After which the Merc 220 will be the next priority.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks