Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which colour for the Fiat 1100/D Special?
Wine Red and White 35 25.93%
Blue and White 36 26.67%
Emerald Green and White 10 7.41%
Midnite Blue and White 54 40.00%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 09:41   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Tick tock...Any updates Gogi? Has she gone into paint yet? BTW please let me know when you buy your tyres, I have an order of around 20 tyres, we could get a good deal.
Old 19th September 2007, 11:21   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I have an order of around 20 tyres, we could get a good deal.
I agree!...beats a speedy retreat.
Old 19th September 2007, 18:25   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Tick tock...Any updates Gogi? Has she gone into paint yet? BTW please let me know when you buy your tyres, I have an order of around 20 tyres, we could get a good deal.
Yup. Just paid a visit a few hours ago, unfortunately it was an unplanned one and didnt carry my camera. The car has got its initial coat after which hes doing the fine tuning on the shut lines and other stuff. The engine has been overhauled and was getting its coat of paint (red oxide colour) and the valve cover has gone for a chrome job. Expected back on Friday. The final finishing o fthe body lines will take another couple of days. In the Meanwhile the engine goes in to the bay. The Gear box has been since fitted taking BehramDhabar's directives. Luckyly the guy knew about this and was doing the exact thing what Behram had pointed out.
Work going on now :- Suspension; Viz, new shocks and leafs and new bushes.
After that she'll go to the booth. Il get some pics later today or tomorrow as this is from here on going to be a daily visit routine to follow up every minute work going on. The 115 is for the time being been left alone as all work force is pon the Fiat getting her ready for the &th October Bombay Rally. I hope we can get her ready by then. The cars looking good with its initial spray of colour, the blue with a white top. should look better with more coats in the Both and a good polish. The interiors are ready. Will visit the guy and post pics of that too.
Ill also go to the Tyre guy tomorrow and see what deal I can get for 20 white wall tyres

Last edited by V-16 : 19th September 2007 at 18:27.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:19   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Gogi Bhai and Karl - count me in for 1 set of CEAT SAFETY DRIVE ONLY white sidewall tyres. If they are MRF, I DO NOT want them.

Gogi Bhai - thanks for taking the gearbox corrective action on your car. Also see if you can make a steering box strut as I have done in my BLL4919, the steering box mounting will never ever crack after it is fitted. Also if you can fit the degassing tank, it will keep the engine safe on the cooling system reliability front. Both my restored cars BLL4919 and MRY3112 have a degassing tank fitted. Let me know if you want the circuit diagrams etc.

----- and you can stop calling me "SIR" - makes me feel like a buddha bawa which I will never become.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 19th September 2007, 20:31   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Gogi Bhai and Karl - count me in for 1 set of CEAT SAFETY DRIVE ONLY white sidewall tyres. If they are MRF, I DO NOT want them.

Gogi Bhai - thanks for taking the gearbox corrective action on your car. Also see if you can make a steering box strut as I have done in my BLL4919, the steering box mounting will never ever crack after it is fitted. Also if you can fit the degassing tank, it will keep the engine safe on the cooling system reliability front. Both my restored cars BLL4919 and MRY3112 have a degassing tank fitted. Let me know if you want the circuit diagrams etc.

----- and you can stop calling me "SIR" - makes me feel like a buddha bawa which I will never become.

Best regards,
Behram Dhabhar
I second that, age is all in the mind.
Boss, i used to feel as weird and uncomfortable (and I still do) with the "Sir" "Ji'' (i hate this one) and other names which bhp-ians refer to you as. But i realise that only because someone has some fondness for another (some of them have even not met you), do they use such terms of endearment. "Bhai" being another one. Though i still get a little miffed when people call me "Sir" or "Ji"
I have accepted this as a way they display their love and respect for members whom they address as such. (Thank you guys ...and dont get any ideas, Karl, Kiran, Dippy, Ishan and the whole lot...you know who ) Therefore I have come to accept it but would still prefer that everyone calls me just by my name, Gogi. So Behrambhai, if someone adresses you with the above terms, they are expressing their fondness for you "SIRJI". But as i get uncomfy, so do you so ill call you Behrambhai (pronounced as Bhyee as Bawas do) and you call me Gogi. Havve settle thai gayu. OK?!
Old 19th September 2007, 22:10   #291
Senior - BHPian

hello GOGI!!! any updates on the merc??
Old 25th September 2007, 00:27   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see updates.....! Gogi, it looks like youve decided on the colour already? Although this sure isnt midnight blue...?
And yeah youve done a very sensible thing by having the wurth put before the final paint job.......the painter who painted my car put the chassis black after they painted the car, inspite of my telling......with the result it trickled out through some of the holes in the body panels (for the fittings/trim etc.) & another day was spent to wipe it all off carefully with petrol.....dumb a****s!
Old 25th September 2007, 08:32   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

OK Gogi - baddhu settle thai gayu, Behrambhai is OK, Behram is OK but no SIR please.

Hawe taari gaadi kaare batavech ? I will like to set the engine myself if you allow.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 25th September 2007, 17:15   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
OK Gogi - baddhu settle thai gayu, Behrambhai is OK, Behram is OK but no SIR please.

Hawe taari gaadi kaare batavech ? I will like to set the engine myself if you allow.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Shu Waat KArech??!! Sacchu??!! I will be honoured Boss!! I am going to him tomorrow and will know then. Ill call you and let you know. Great great!!!
Old 5th October 2007, 19:41   #295
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for delay guys. The cars now in the booth and i bring you the progress below.

The engine and everything is in place. There was the trouble to get the primer to dry due to the rains and damp weather. Then there was the issue of matching the colour which after a few trail and error mixes was got to the one I wanted. You will note the paint on the front fender on the blue primer in the pics.

From outside the paint booth getting her colours.

In the booth with the painter.... God I've got a wheeze, but it was worth it!!

Tomorrow the white top paint goes on and then then fitting of upholstery and the rest. should be out in a week from now. Then for the final tuning from Behram Bhai as he has so graciously volunteered.

Last edited by V-16 : 5th October 2007 at 19:46.
Old 5th October 2007, 19:49   #296
Team-BHP Support

Looks neat Gogi. Are we putting a white top on this one? I must admit I was refreshing this thread ever since you mentioned of putting up the paint job pictures and they have come out really good.
Old 5th October 2007, 19:56   #297
Senior - BHPian

Gogi, the car is going to look great!! Is this the same colour as a certain president on this forum??
Old 5th October 2007, 19:58   #298
BHPian

Looks swell.

I'm glad you didnt go democratic and paint it with the other blue!
Cant wait for the finished product!

Superavi
Old 5th October 2007, 20:00   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Gogi, the car is going to look great!! Is this the same colour as a certain president on this forum??
No bud see the car i posted. Its very similar to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
Looks swell.

I'm glad you didnt go democratic and paint it with the other blue!
Cant wait for the finished product!

Superavi
Thanks. democratic, who me??
Old 5th October 2007, 21:37   #300
Senior - BHPian

Good progress, waiting for the final product, since a real long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks