Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 15:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And the Enfield Explorer & SIlver plus. Anyone got snaps of those ? The explorer was a little beauty with no power.
Enfield had an Explorer, Silver Plus and Fury which they released and the Enterprise that they never got around to releasing (was advertised, though) - all four were bought off Zundapp when that company went under.

Has anyone here ridden the 'Dart' series of mopeds and mini-motorcycles? There was a Dart I, Dart II and Dart III.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone remember a moped called Dart (think have got the name right) my grand father used to have it before we moved on to the TVS 50. This moped used to look like a bike.

The first day we got TVS 50 my grand father fell down after starting the vehicle while he tried to get onto the moped gently using the accelerator, because of the pick up. That was difference between our previous moped Dart and TVS 50.

Incidentally Explorer was the vehicle I used for my first year of work. I rode it down all the way from Villupuram to Chennai, not wanting to take a risk I did not exceed 40kmph and stopped for 10 minutes after riding for an hour. Took me 5 hours to cover the distance. Compare that to the TVS Scooty Pep+ which I brought from my hometown (Villupuram), covered the distance in 3 1/2 hours in total.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Enfield had an Explorer, Silver Plus and Fury which they released and the Enterprise that they never got around to releasing (was advertised, though) - all four were bought off Zundapp when that company went under.

Has anyone here ridden the 'Dart' series of mopeds and mini-motorcycles? There was a Dart I, Dart II and Dart III.
i have never heard of this , which company was dart by?
Old 5th January 2009, 16:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

@ Steer

I have not ridden a Dart but remember by grandfather having one very clearly,must have been about 6/7 years old then. This was around early 80's, I doubt if it was bought by my grandfather as a new vehicle. Was one hell of a vehicle which we used to travel 7 kms one way from our village to the nearest town (Villupuram).
Old 6th January 2009, 13:48   #95
BHPian

I know of a dealer who has a Suvega for sale, without papers. PM me if youre interested. I have never seen the bike myself.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:36   #96
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if there is a link to this thread and my post in here, with in a week after I posted my previous message here, I have manage to harvest 3 more Suvegas and 1 Karadi JAWA ;-)

Pics will be released very soon as I have not downloaded them to the computer from the camera mobile.

3 of the total Suvegas I own are Std. models and one of them is Deluxe. (The Deluxe model is still having the factory paint and the stickers on it)
Old 7th January 2009, 22:13   #97
BHPian

The Karradi Jawa you'l guys are taking about is the Jawa 50 Piony'r. These were completely imported. Later Ideal Jawa started manufacturing the Jawa Jet, almost similar to Piony'r except it did not have the leg sheilds. This was followed by Yezdi Jet. All these were 50 and 60 cc engines. Im posting pictures of the Piony'r, Yezdi Jet, Enfield Crusader, Rajdoot GTS "Bobby", Lambretta 48, and a Motobecane that were restored by a friend of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
The Suvega moped!-myjawa50pionyr2.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-mymofa.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-myyezdijet.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-myrajootgts.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-crusader.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-mylambertta48.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-mymotobecane.jpg  

Old 8th January 2009, 08:19   #98
Senior - BHPian

Here is my new Suvega Deluxe picture (check the rear shock absorber, my previous Suvega picture shows the moped without shock absorber) . The rear tyre has been fit and chain has bee connected and I could start and drive the bike finally. Now this Suvega is in my house in running condtion, the dust on the moped cleaned and water washed. New pictures will be posted very soon.
The Suvega moped!-image133.jpg
The Suvega moped!-image134.jpg
Also the scrap of JAWA 50 or JAWA JET or JAWA Piony'r (I'm sure this is not mfgd in Mysore). The engine, rear wheel and silencers are all in good condition and stored separately. (Rest of the frames on the picture is of other suvegas)
The Suvega moped!-image129.jpg
Could anyone here point me which is this moped or bike?, I saw this frame with monogram saying BCK.
The Suvega moped!-image132.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 8th January 2009 at 08:20.
Old 8th January 2009, 08:47   #99
Senior - BHPian

The wheel has come full circle. Nowadays you can find electric cycles that look exactly like these bikes
Old 8th January 2009, 10:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

Isnt the one on the 2nd and 3rd picture the Enfield Mofa? The handle on the frame was allegedly put there to help people carry it over railway lines and other small obstacles.
Old 8th January 2009, 11:45   #101
Senior - BHPian

Yes, The 2 and 3 pics posted by TuffRyder is MOFA. Also there is no Enfield Crusader shown in his post.

Here are my Ex- Royal Enfield Crusader and Mini bullet
Name:  recsr.jpg
Views: 11324
Size:  67.1 KB
The Suvega moped!-minibullet.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 8th January 2009 at 11:48.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:16   #102
BHPian

Trammway: Ur right, I forgot to post pictures of the crusader. Sorry about the confusion, the one I have posted is of the mini-bullet.

Also in ur pictures, that is a Jawa Jet. Although these were not manufactured here, they were assembled at our Mysore plant and Im guessing most of the body parts made here too. The mysore plant started assembling/manufacturing in 1961 and most parts until 1967 still came from the Czech. Hence you will find most of these bikes having the Made in Czechoskolavakia badge. The last of the completely imported bikes stopped with the Jawa 250 Kyvaka (the ones with the tank switch). The Jawa Jet in your picture was exclusively for India, it has a distinct shape. We later got the Yezdi Jet which had a 60 cc engine and the body was almost a replica of the Jawa Jawetta 50. Later, the Jet engine was used on the Colt with little modifications.

Would be able to find any of these Jets for me?

cheers
-pat-
Old 9th January 2009, 07:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Trammway: Ur right, I forgot to post pictures of the crusader. Sorry about the confusion, the one I have posted is of the mini-bullet.

Also in ur pictures, that is a Jawa Jet. Although these were not manufactured here, they were assembled at our Mysore plant and Im guessing most of the body parts made here too. The mysore plant started assembling/manufacturing in 1961 and most parts until 1967 still came from the Czech. Hence you will find most of these bikes having the Made in Czechoskolavakia badge. The last of the completely imported bikes stopped with the Jawa 250 Kyvaka (the ones with the tank switch). The Jawa Jet in your picture was exclusively for India, it has a distinct shape. We later got the Yezdi Jet which had a 60 cc engine and the body was almost a replica of the Jawa Jawetta 50. Later, the Jet engine was used on the Colt with little modifications.

Would be able to find any of these Jets for me?

cheers
-pat-

PM me your contact details, I will let you know when I spot one for you. I heard some where in deep south there is one available for sale as referred by a scrap collector. However prices of frame and engine alone if bought from a person who knows the important of these bike quotes above 3 or 4 grands. (I got it on the same budget)
Old 9th January 2009, 21:32   #104
BHPian

Trammway: Thank you for your help. Did you get the RC book along with the bike that you bought? Again, thanks a lot for willing to help. I'l PM u my number. Im from Bangalore.
Old 21st January 2009, 11:14   #105
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! So many golden oldies ! Coming back to this thread after quite some time.
Well, after seeing all these snaps and the interest in them - I am ruing my decision of having sold my Suvega Deluxe - 1983 model, which was my college life steed and my first work transporter. I sold it in 1991.
Still gnashing my teeth.
Anyway I am currently in Mumbai and if there is anyone around here on TBHP who knows of a Suvega for sale -in a fully running condition,whatever the vintage, and located anywhere in the country, please PM me. Any T-BHPian who does this, besides earning my eternal gratitude would also receive a gift from my side, which, for reasons of rules of this wonderful site, I can't mention here - pls PM me and you'll know the details of the gift !
Please, someone help this tormented, Suvegaphilic soul !

Last edited by Guderian : 21st January 2009 at 11:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks