Team-BHP - Bangalore Beetle Club (BBC)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Bangalore Beetle Club (BBC) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/28134-bangalore-beetle-club-bbc-17.html)

Wow, great lineup and pictures. Personally i hate alloys in classic beetles but the red super beetle is just awesome; the alloy goes pretty well with the car.
@ Karl, what about your oval? Done with the restoration job?

This is a very nostalgic and innovative way of creating loyalty among the new buyers of Beetle.

Certainly at 20L, the owners would remain unique and few for some time to come. Bangalore Beetle Club will remain an exclusive and limited membership club for sure at least till VW decides to migrate from CBU to local assembly which is not likely to happen in next 2-3 quarters atleast.

Now i am totally convinced that the beetle can look good in any colour kudos to the BBC for organizing such a nice event.

Wow Manish,lovely Bugs there!!! Lucky you!

Thanks Manish for doing the honours of opening this Thread and posting such lovely pics and most important being there at the event.:)

Was a really nice sunday outing for all we Bangalore Beetle Club members.

While some guys made comparisions about the pricing, we classic bug guys had some light moments about finding similarities with the New Bug

New Beetle v/s Classic Beetle

Beetle - Beetle
Has ABS - Has ABS
A/C - Yes it has a A/C
Curves - We pioneered the Curvy looks
Eye candy- Eye candy
Fewer Folks car - The original Folks car

Beautiful pictures. I heard on TV, the new bugs were for 20L. Is that true ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarVegabond (Post 1619301)

Certainly at 20L, the owners would remain unique and few for some time to come. Bangalore Beetle Club will remain an exclusive and limited membership club for sure at least till VW decides to migrate from CBU to local assembly which is not likely to happen in next 2-3 quarters atleast.

Today's news paper carries a story on this.

Three Members were added yesterday to BBC. Mr. Nandi is one of them, other two are the real estate magnets (name not mentioned).

the membership exclusivity continues.

Wow so many of them, great show. Der New Beetle is a looker. I recently got a Sales Brochure of her from Germany, will post pictures soon. However the Original is what makes my Day.

Bye the way the oval Beetle has cream color wheels, is it what came like??

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 1619166)
In love with the Oval Window Beetle complete with white walls! :)

Actually the oval windowed car (light blue) has cream painted wheels and black wall tyres.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 1619738)
Bye the way the oval Beetle has cream color wheels, is it what came like??

At the time wheel colours would usually depend on the car colour, and I think were exclusively two tone at the time. Not sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reshad (Post 1619286)
Karl, what about your oval? Done with the restoration job?

My car is painted, up and running well, but many minor issues remain to be sorted - slowly and steadily.

Thanks Pavan,
Here are the 2nd set of pics.
Enjoy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun1100 (Post 1618855)
Whatta a crowd pulling event it was at the Palace cross VW Showroom. BBC cars were looking stunning as usual.

It was indeed:)

Had a funday Sunday :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1619750)
Actually the oval windowed car (light blue) has cream painted wheels and black wall tyres.:)

At the time wheel colours would usually depend on the car colour, and I think were exclusively two tone at the time. Not sure.

Sorry Karl, my bad! At first glance they looked like white wall tires! I should improve my sense of observation! :)

awesome! loving every moment of these lil bugs all around the city..saw the happy yellow beetle in the TOI today..looks looks looks n nothing but the looks of an angelic automobile

to all those bhpians who have not heard the sweet sound of an air cooled motor rrevving..(well the new beetle put an end to that) i am game to encourage such enthusiasts in bangalore to come over n listen to some beetles roar away!
these beetles sure know how to put a smile on peoples faces by just passing them by! So wish humans had the same effect on each other...i can go on n on about a vw classic beetle :o)
BRILLIANT LOOKING RIDES n an awesome event for sure! Beetle Club's love for what they do is written all over this episode.
Cheers to manishasrani as well for contributing with his kamerawerk...

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1619750)

Two tone in a sense cream and body color, somehow I feel that combination (just like that on early Fait Elegents) looks better on the classic cars.

And also to be seen is the Beetle Limo (Strech) black color, which brings the question of why :Frustrati.