Team-BHP - Bangalore Beetle Club (BBC)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Bangalore Beetle Club (BBC) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/28134-bangalore-beetle-club-bbc-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Convertible (Post 993957)
Speedy,
Can u post the first 3 digits of the VIN. The reason I'm curious is you car (nice one btw) has the large side windows and larger front windshield (compare with the yellow blore care) which in my recollection came in the late 60s. The thin side chrome is 68-on.

Byas

The next time i am in Bombay i shall get the VIN no for you. My brother was gifted the car and it came in bad shape and we have not done any modifications to it. I shall also post the original pictures that i have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 996835)
It is indeed not a 62, Speedy and me have discussed this before as well. I forget the outcome though:D

Yes we have and the outcome was also a confused one :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 997403)
That car in the pic which you guys are discussing is certianly not the original ragtop.

1962 (1 Aug 61 to 31 July 62)
Chassis 4,010,995 - 4,846,835
Engine 3,924,023 - 3,924,914
Engine 5,958,948 - 6,935,203
Fuel gauge replaces reserve tap.
Tail light ‘glass' now plastic.
Spring balance to front hood.
Sliding covers on heater outlets.
Progressive valve springs.
Anchor points for seat belts.
Stronger clutch springs.
Windshield washer uses spare tire for air pressure.
Last year of semaphores on domestic models.
1200 cc engine 40 bhp.

Look at the 5 lug wheels, big windows,. all ragtops came with semaphores and smaller windows.

That Beetle is sure a 1966 Beetle with some additions on the roof, though done in nice taste.clap:

Also note the leatherette starts right at the back of the car, which is not the case with the actual ragtop.

But must appreciate, that car is really neat.

Thank you Pavan.
The car tin work and other engine work were done by someone recomended by Keith of Bombay at Kalina, Painting was done by us. The wheel were with the car and it is a Mechanical Ragtop not a Manual one. So maybe thats the difference in the size of the top. The Ragtop if not original was not done by the garage person or by us.
I would Post more pictures once i take them. I am also curious now to know the originality of the car. :).

guys i will be visiting banglore on the 3rd to the 7th of april hope to meet up wid you guys i will be living at cooks town anyone around pm me! lets meet !its time mumbai met banglore and cut the online chat lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueoyster (Post 1324008)
guys i will be visiting banglore on the 3rd to the 7th of april hope to meet up wid you guys i will be living at cooks town anyone around pm me! lets meet !its time mumbai met banglore and cut the online chat lol:

Which year Mr.Blue is it 2010 or 2011 ??? :D :D

I guess it is June and not April

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowda79 (Post 1324016)
Which year Mr.Blue is it 2010 or 2011 ??? :D :D

I guess it is June and not April

OOps My Bad! June and not April ! 2009 !

When is the next rally of BBC?

There was a special drive of BBC yesterday and I did not know:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by (IVI) (Post 989893)
the red convertible was sold for 21 lacs, but an amazing machine..well worth the money!!

Really? I recently met the owner Tim at the PM rally. Actually tried to get him to join the BBC rally on thursday but it had issues with the gear shift coupling. He told me he brought it in on TR.

BN

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Convertible (Post 1582024)
Really? I recently met the owner Tim at the PM rally. Actually tried to get him to join the BBC rally on thursday but it had issues with the gear shift coupling. He told me he brought it in on TR.

BN

I know Byas, there was all this story from one Restorer who claimed to have sold this car at 21 lacs, only later to realize that this was a fake claim:deadhorse

some pics from our recent Automall rally 2009

My my, These many beetles oh wow, Times of India did carried article on some beetle rally in their friday bangalore edition, but din't know that there was an auto show also.

@Raghavendra: I waited for you for so long near the Beetle stall.. You were busy somewhere i guess.. I spoke to Dr. Shamsundar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun1100 (Post 1583910)
@Raghavendra: I waited for you for so long near the Beetle stall.. You were busy somewhere i guess.. I spoke to Dr. Shamsundar.

I was with my Dad for sometime buddy :)

I came back within 10 mins to my car and even started the car.

Were you with somebody when you were talking to Dr Sham, i think i came near you guys, but could'nt recognise you:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1584288)
I was with my Dad for sometime buddy :)

I came back within 10 mins to my car and even started the car.

Were you with somebody when you were talking to Dr Sham, i think i came near you guys, but could'nt recognise you:eek:

I met Dr. Sham three times in two hours. Still could not meet you:Frustrati
Anyways, super show by BBC.clap:

Deccan Herald has an article on the Bangalore Beetle Club in today's supplement. Nice read.

Proud to be Beetlenuts

Nice Pictures Pavan....Please post your additional photos

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddvi (Post 1584781)
Deccan Herald has an article on the Bangalore Beetle Club in today's supplement. Nice read.

Proud to be Beetlenuts

Wonder when the media spoke to any of us in the club:eek:

This looks like some old article re-published again.

Little mistakes done like:

1) The club was formed in 2007 not 1997.

2) The Club was a mastermind of Naren4140 (Narendra) and Dr Shamsunder

3) Core members of the team being Dr Sham/ Narendra / Vikramaditya Desiappa / Kadam.

Sad to see a paper like Deccan Herald involved in such mistakes.