Team-BHP - Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/43200-landmaster-ambassador-picture-gallery-103.html)

This Mark II is a daily driver and is self driven by a senior citizen. It is a 1968 model - 24.10.1968 date of registration as per the Vahan records and is fitted with a 2000 DSL Isuzu engine. MHR is an Amravati (Mah) registration .

The five generations of the dash board meters and the three generations of switch gear on the dash, were among the easier ways to identify the Mark II's year wise, but the dash is changed here. The badge is from the Nova. The front grille is sliced to accommodate the new parking lights.

The owner-driver is a businessman and as soon as he reached his business premises, his aide rushed to help the senior citizen walk into the premises. I requested for permission to click pictures. The owner gave his nod and walked away.

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201116_121921034.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201116_121928902.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201116_121950670.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201116_121907322.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201116_121859448.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201116_121958118.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201116_122005879.jpg

Our beloved Ambassador Mark IV is in for a full restoration. The biggest road block we have hit is, we don't know what this original paint shade is called and how to source the actual paint.
The painter miss took it for the Mark II and has painted it a different green with no scope to color match.

Sadly after days of looking online, I have hardly found any mark IV car in this color, though this was factory paint.

How do I solve this, I did find an old shade card on teambhp, but that is faded so much that we cant say for sure or color match.

Please HELP!

Hi Visaster,

I bought my blue mark 4 in 1982 . there was only one light blue shade.
It was called Ridge Blue.

Hi, I'm looking for original Ambassador MK1 parts. As I'm restoring mine. it would be great if someone could help me out.

It’s the Mark IV from 1988.
Presently it is in this electric color, at the paint shop. Not that I don’t like the color, but I want it to go to stock color. How now, I wonder! even after days of searching, have not found the information online.

This one is parked at a home-stay in Jaipur

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-228659801.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldogji (Post 4945536)
Hi Visaster,

I bought my blue mark 4 in 1982 . there was only one light blue shade.
It was called Ridge Blue.

Thanks on that, can you point me to some pictures of that color, if its not too much to ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prithviraj (Post 4945828)
Hi, I'm looking for original Ambassador MK1 parts. As I'm restoring mine. it would be great if someone could help me out.

There are a lot of groups on facebook and I see there are some sellers too, but be careful of online buys, you are better off going to the local car scrap market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 4945523)
Our beloved Ambassador Mark IV is in for a full restoration. The biggest road block we have hit is, we don't know what this original paint shade is called and how to source the actual paint.
The painter miss took it for the Mark II and has painted it a different green with no scope to color match.

Sadly after days of looking online, I have hardly found any mark IV car in this color, though this was factory paint.

How do I solve this, I did find an old shade card on teambhp, but that is faded so much that we cant say for sure or color match.

Please HELP!

Ive seen such an Amby before. Looks more like a shade of green to me. It would be best to contact old painters in Calcutta etc and also probably speak to Duco paint people, they may know what shade it is. Let me ask around here I know some old painters. You can DM me with any more details that you may have.

Found this picture of the stretch Ambassador on Facebook, apparently clicked at Mumbai RTO.

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-fb_img_1607250770515.jpg

Courtesy: Facebook.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prithviraj (Post 4945828)

Please post some pics for reference of your Mark1.

Here's some Mark1 pics taken recently.

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-20201120_112545.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-20201120_145319.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-20201206_164356.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-20201206_084205.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 4945523)
Our beloved Ambassador Mark IV is in for a full restoration.

Please HELP!

Finally figured out the color on the 1988 Ambassador Mark IV, it was called "Vert Jade" by Duco paints.

And it is still very much available to be ordered, even through online portal.
It was so stressing to know, there was no information of it online anywhere and there is hardly any photograph of an ambassador in that color, seeded online.
Took me many days to finally narrow down on the color. Photos taken with a brand of phone, viewed with another brand of phone (under different brightness setting) kept me running in circles.

Guess mine will be one of a kind :)

Thanks for the informative replies.

Spotted at Vellore - Beautifully maintained single owner 1983 Mark 4!

This Amby 6 Door Limo was spotted in Bangalore.

Spotted this Landmaster in Ranchi during a short trip last month.

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201204_14455701.jpeg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201203_18302501.jpeg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_20201203_18295601.jpeg

Spotted recently in & near Vellore