Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 23:58   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Cyrus do you mean you were going to test drive this Land/Ambmaster with the intent of buying it? What was the asking price?
No, We were doing a shoot for the Autocar Show that comes on UTV. I am interested in a Lando but not this one!!
Old 13th August 2008, 19:28   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
No, We were doing a shoot for the Autocar Show that comes on UTV. I am interested in a Lando but not this one!!
Thats ridiculous - in such a big metro like Mumbai is Autocar constrained with only one hybrid LandAmbmaster which it features everytime be it the magazine or the TV? Can they not get a more original car? HVOCT (the Thane Club) has two members with better Landmasters.
Old 14th August 2008, 00:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thats ridiculous - in such a big metro like Mumbai is Autocar constrained with only one hybrid LandAmbmaster which it features everytime be it the magazine or the TV? Can they not get a more original car? HVOCT (the Thane Club) has two members with better Landmasters.
I have to say this, Classics in India are simply not given the attention / space they deserve, in most magazines and TV shows. The classic car movement is yet to gather full steam, and the average Indian is still not ready to appreciate / acquire a taste for classics.
Old 14th August 2008, 22:31   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I have to say this, Classics in India are simply not given the attention / space they deserve, in most magazines and TV shows. The classic car movement is yet to gather full steam, and the average Indian is still not ready to appreciate / acquire a taste for classics.
Thats really sad SuperSelect to note.You've hit the nail on its head.For a common man ignorance in this field can be pardonable and OK. But for the very learned media which leads and shapes people's opinions thats not very healthy to showcase "Munnabhai" cars.
Old 18th August 2008, 13:13   #50

Some pictures i had Clicked at kurians place. And some taken from Kurian's Album.
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-3.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-5.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-100_2606.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-100_2607.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-100_2608.jpg  

Old 18th August 2008, 13:21   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, that landy looks lovely! Me want those delight side-indicators!

I see the mk2 amby has the rare accessory side-trim/pattis. 'seen quite a few mk1 and mk2 with those. Some even had double-trim with a different colour painted in between. Karl had taken pics. of one such amby.
Old 18th August 2008, 13:54   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, that landy looks lovely! Me want those delight side-indicators!

I see the mk2 amby has the rare accessory side-trim/pattis. 'seen quite a few mk1 and mk2 with those. Some even had double-trim with a different colour painted in between. Karl had taken pics. of one such amby.
There is one such car in Nashik. The car is outstandingly original from outside but i have heard it packs quite a punch. I think it has a Conti Engine or something. I will ask dad.
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2008, 15:41   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The ones on this car have been locally fabricated.
Old 18th August 2008, 16:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

The grey landmaster Klc 101, was owned by my neighbour for a long time. The car was originally grey, but the guy hand painted it to green! I had my eye on this car for a long time, and had approached him many times. But he was not interested in selling. Then one fine day, i find the car missing and learn that he sold it! And that too for 25k.the car later reached kurian's place, where it underwent a resaint to its original colour. The car is now sold and in bangalore. Sad that the meter console has been screwed up with additional meters now.
Old 18th August 2008, 17:14   #55
BHPian

the MYO 566 and the KLC 101 are grey, are they the same shade of grey. If so whats the name of this color. I am doing up my 1980 mark4,need this color for the reference for painting my car.
Old 18th August 2008, 21:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

the headlights & the indicators of KLK 8643 are not original. the headlights are multi reflector headlights. i like the sun guard because these types (plastic) were only available in this period.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:02   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

This Landmaster used to lie outside a shop near the engg college in Pune for a few years. I think it would move occasionally too. I haven't seen it in a few years now though.

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-1.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-2.jpg

Plus a very original Mk1 that stood close to my house for years. Dissappeared one day. Curiously the '0' was missing from front and rear number plates.

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-01.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-02.jpg

Last edited by karlosdeville : 26th August 2008 at 21:20. Reason: more pics
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2008, 22:16   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

My humble contribution- looks like I need to catch up with others in this thread!

A mk1 amby with little other than the grille/bumper original- came for some touch-up at a painter's garage last year. That's not a trendy paint job but what looks like a 'paan' job on the bonnet!
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-ambymk1.jpg  

Last edited by Stanher : 26th August 2008 at 22:23.
Old 26th August 2008, 23:02   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This Landmaster used to lie outside a shop near the engg college in Pune for a few years. I think it would move occasionally too. I haven't seen it in a few years now though.

Plus a very original Mk1 that stood close to my house for years. Dissappeared one day. Curiously the '0' was missing from front and rear number plates.
Any chance that you would know of the existence of a WBE 8921 in Poona? '62 MKII, Steel Grey - sold by my father in '87 - am sure that even if she survives, the registration would be local, and maybe converted to a MKIV to boot? But then, who knows?
Old 26th August 2008, 23:07   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Any chance that you would know of the existence of a WBE 8921 in Poona? '62 MKII, Steel Grey - sold by my father in '87 - am sure that even if she survives, the registration would be local, and maybe converted to a MKIV to boot? But then, who knows?
Hmm, I cant say I remember the car. Though there is an army man's Mk 1 in steel grey in Pune with a WB 02 regn. Perhaps the new Pune regn or the name of the chap you sold it to would help.

Interesingly there was a very neat Mk 2 with a Parsee in Pune with an early 90s regn. I wonder.

I had seen this photo somewhere online. Thought you might like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-amby03.jpg  

Most Viewed