Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 23:58   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
OOPPS... tomorrow. Anyways.. trying to locate the master of oldies to get a pair of third arm from coimby! JaaaaaaaayDDDD.... where are youuuu??! His cell if off now!!
My phone died a few days back, that's why i was not reachable, anyways, back in cochin now, will do the needful tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
He is too busy helping out FiAT by bashing up Muneem!
Heh heh!! Fiat threads and P.U.G members are one of the main reasons why i love t-bhp. (After the vintage section of course!!)
Old 25th January 2009, 00:47   #422
Senior - BHPian

Saadhanam kayyil unde!!!( Translation: I've got the stuff!!) Managed to get hold of a new set of the third arms of the desired size. Took a good amount of searching thru a lot of old inventory! I really don't understand why its so hard to find!! nowadays, whenever the shop guy sees me, its like he opens up his godown so that i can go and search for myself!! Coz, he knows i don't need any of the new stuff he sells! Also managed to find a handbrake cable suitable for this car.
Old 25th January 2009, 06:37   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Saadhanam kayyil unde!!!( Translation: I've got the stuff!!) Managed to get hold of a new set of the third arms of the desired size. Took a good amount of searching thru a lot of old inventory! I really don't understand why its so hard to find!! nowadays, whenever the shop guy sees me, its like he opens up his godown so that i can go and search for myself!! Coz, he knows i don't need any of the new stuff he sells! Also managed to find a handbrake cable suitable for this car.

Thanks - from Minerva? You might soon get loyalty points from them.
Old 26th January 2009, 11:16   #424
BHPian

thanks jayD dude...!

hmm... picked the stuffs from jayD y'day and have planned to work on Landy tomorrow.

Both Handbrake cable connection and steering system will be done tomorrow in my presence. Keeping fingers crossed for the results.
Will update further after the works!
cheers:
Old 26th January 2009, 12:20   #425
BHPian

nikki, JayD - You guys are amazing.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:40   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
nikki, JayD - You guys are amazing.
haaaaha!! dude.. you will be further amazed in few days time when the car rolls out after clearing the mechanical issues!
Paint job will be the next after this!!
STAY TUNED!

Last edited by nikkibike : 28th January 2009 at 11:41.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:46   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Paint job will be the next after this!!
STAY TUNED!

I've got the paint mix (formula?) for the Toyota Brick Red that should have gone on this car originally (rather than the Cherry Black that is on it right now). Will carry a sample too when I come down next week, so we can compare results.

Next job is to finalize the paint shop - JayD says the old man doing his job can take upto 6 months or more so it may not be such a bright idea.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:57   #428
BHPian

I can ask around at my paint shop at paravoor,they do somewhat of a fast job, the quality of job is very good, but the rates are steeep.

Really wish we recruit some people just to maintain our cars.

And just bring the sample of 50ml ,rest we can buy from ernakulam off the rack. For my car I took the colour code of the Toyota Camry Light Blue from Dupont Website and bought it from Paravoor. It's a perfect match.

Last edited by muneemmk : 28th January 2009 at 12:14.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:09   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Next job is to finalize the paint shop - JayD says the old man doing his job can take upto 6 months or more so it may not be such a bright idea.
Santhosh, Lets not take chance here with somebody who doesn't have any idea about Amby body! Body preparation and stuffs are very vital to get perfect body shape. I strongly suggest the same man for the job as he must be very well versed with the body characterestics of a Landmaster now.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:23   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Santhosh, Lets not take chance here with somebody who doesn't have any idea about Amby body! Body preparation and stuffs are very vital to get perfect body shape. I strongly suggest the same man for the job as he must be very well versed with the body characterestics of a Landmaster now.
So be it - we will go with your decision. Let me get that Fiat home before I get ribbed further by the extended family about this Landmaster . This 'project' has provided enough fodder for yarns to be spun around it for the rest of my life - I guess I will never hear the end of it!

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th January 2009 at 12:25.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:19   #431
BANNED

I will also recommend the old man for the paint job. If given a free hand, he can do the job peacefully and even complete it in a month or so.
This car has anyway gone thru many hard times. Let it come back shining in it's full glory now. A few weeks spent extra won't hurt. Ain't it?
Old 28th January 2009, 14:25   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
So be it - we will go with your decision. Let me get that Fiat home before I get ribbed further by the extended family about this Landmaster . This 'project' has provided enough fodder for yarns to be spun around it for the rest of my life - I guess I will never hear the end of it!
Forget the old story man. Now we have succussfully cleared almost all the main mechanical issues. Am working on all other minor issues now. The car should run without any troubles for a long time. I dont think it will trouble you further once it is out on the road after paint job!

Last edited by nikkibike : 28th January 2009 at 14:35.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:50   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Forget the old story man.
I'm sure the old story is way beyond us. Wont be forgetting it in a hurry for other reasons, though - there are some outstanding issues to be closed out once this is through.

What I meant is that even though we know the car will be totally sorted out, the people around will continue to have fun at my expense for a long time even after all the work is over. Its something I will have to live with - the Landy is a "legend" of sorts within family circles .
Old 28th January 2009, 18:54   #434
Senior - BHPian

Why don't we drive the car for a while before we strip it again for paint??Let the mechanicals bits just work and set in. The poor thing has had enough of garages i think. Just my 2 cents.
Old 29th January 2009, 11:50   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Why don't we drive the car for a while before we strip it again for paint??Let the mechanicals bits just work and set in. The poor thing has had enough of garages i think. Just my 2 cents.
Quite a sensible thinking! The car badly needs a second round of 'shakedown' drive! Need not be a loooong drive! Regular usage for a week will reveal hidden issues if any! Now we all are doing the final rounds of works. Will have to go and get the handbrake cable today! Ugh... time is up!
Further updates later!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks