Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 22:32   #271
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ripper, it is wrong for us to vent out our frustrations by insulting others on a public forum (we have PM's, cell phones, e-mails for that). Ajit is right. We need to keep it clean. But not at the cost of misleading people that this is where such jobs on TBHP begin & end. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye.
Old 6th November 2008, 22:39   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I really dont see the purpose of this thread here. If Steeroid and Zak had to sit and tell their end of the story (since nobody else is being allowed to write their views), I am sure it could have been done OFFLINE or at the meets. The very fact that this thread has been put here is to warn the others I guess?
The purpose of this thread was to outline the second part of my restoration, which was supposed to have been finished with the work done by the ashaan. We were to be going about the final bits like a/c (which has been completed), ICE, upholstry and carpets.

Unfortunately, before all that happened the paint started deteriorating and we found ourselves staring at YET another bout of restoring the restoration. Hence the angst and the strong words, which have led to other things.

Quote:
Also, since this thread is all about creating an awareness amongst this community (guessing so?) my friend Akshay here is just the bait. There are a lot of sharks out there that we need to catch and reveal them publically for everyones benefit. Isn't that why this thread was started?
No. This thread is not about getting everyone out of their shells to say their stories.

This thread will ultimately return to the Landmaster.

Your sympathies and shared grief and anger on this restoration are welcome, but any stories about other such instances where the same or related members have ripped off other people may please be kept for other threads on those topics. Jay has his Zonda to talk about, Zak his Mivec, and several other people have other stories.

I have chosen to be open about what happened with me. I have made some serious errors in judgement despite early warnings from other senior members here like Rudra and others in Bangalore, but I have no issues with admitting it. If others have similar issues, they should definitely discuss those issues - but not here on the Landmaster thread. Please start your own threads.

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th November 2008 at 22:45.
Old 6th November 2008, 22:44   #273
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Your sympathies and shared grief and anger on this restoration are welcome, but any stories about other such instances where the same or related members have ripped off other people may please be kept for other threads on those topics. Jay has his Zonda to talk about, Zak his Mivec, and several other people have other stories.

I have chosen to be open about what happened with me. I have made some serious errors in judgement despite early warnings from other senior members here like Rudra and others in Bangalore, but I have no issues with admitting it. If others have similar issues, they should definitely discuss those issues - but not here on the Landmaster thread.
Steer, we really dont intend to take this thread OT. Which is why no one is talking about other builds here. We all are going to have a separate thread for each of these cars.

All we want people to know is, this is not the beginning, this is surely not the end. So keep an eye open (owing to the large audience this thread enjoys). That said, I am told all members concerned are going to post their dark side threads soon.

This thread has always been about the Landmaster, and will always be.

PS: If this thread was all about revealing the 2nd half of restoration, I think taking names could have been avoided. We could have just mentioned how shoddy the job was and moved on with it. The very fact that names were taken, has led us to this situation. IMO it could have all been avoided? Or a new thread should have been started to get these names out so that we could keep this thread about the Landy uncluttered. Maybe you should ask the mods to move these posts to a different thread.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th November 2008 at 22:52.
Old 6th November 2008, 22:47   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Amen to that! The forum has an obligation to protect its members. Its admirable that the mods are trying to keep it clean, but those very rules of decorum and etiquette may have provided cover for unscrupulous practices for so long.

Out with it! All of it!
I'm just a newbie on this forum but I've met numerous people here who do everything to help a fellow member. One in particular, whom I haven't met or Known but has done everything and more to help me. This is the spirit of T-BHP and thats all I wish to know!!

Members of this project had requested that names be used, Mods have agreed, names are out and thats that!! Lets put a stop to it!

My salute to all guys who have helped steer on this project and that should be the spirit here. Everything else is between MS and Steer and they can handle it offline.
Old 6th November 2008, 22:57   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Precisely!

Anything written on any thread will elicit a "ooh/aah/ouch" response. If members cannot comment on what ever is written then the purpose of having a 'forum' is lost.

Decorum is needed and necessary - but must we strangle POVs so long as its communicated appropriately.

Quote:
Amen to that! The forum has an obligation to protect its members. Its admirable that the mods are trying to keep it clean, but those very rules of decorum and etiquette may have provided cover for unscrupulous practices for so long.

Out with it! All of it!
I again have to agree!

The forum has to do what it can to uncover facts - because its the adulation /image built here that is being put to use to cheat other members. This is also the hunting/priming ground where future clients/bakra's are found!

Its only fair to expect that commitments made should be met - if someone has lied/failed then the community needs to know! IN all fairness both sides have an equal opportunity to explain their side of things. And rest of us can then derive our own conclusions from it.

Last edited by kb100 : 6th November 2008 at 23:15.
Old 6th November 2008, 23:38   #276
BANNED

Its high time we understand that we only post related replies on a particular thread.

All angst vented out here will only make the thread lose its essence.

In the spirits of Automobile perseverance and passion, lets move on and do some justice to the poor landy which has already taken so much abuse over time.

Its human to err, anyone for that matter. Lets learn and move on.

Now since the garage people have come forward for refund, hope its done and done once for all.

Lets not lose the BHP on teambhp and gain High BP.(not being rude here)

Best of luck Landy boy.....
Old 6th November 2008, 23:52   #277
BHPian

Okay no matter how many times I stop my self from posting in this thread because all 3 post of mine got deleted i cannot every time i read the thread i cannot stop my self so here goes one more attempt.
Any ways what I would beg to state here is yes we all have our sob stories which we are not allowed to share on this forum ok agreed I will not do it
And if this thread is not about creating awareness among the members about these people then i don’t see no meaning in posting names and questioning any one of the people here on the forum, it can be done offline in person and the details of the bashing should not be posted here for the others to know.

So the only thing I would like say is that best of luck with you project land master.
Though I am no tuner, mechanic or an expert but any help you need with the project I am just a pm away.

Last edited by alias : 6th November 2008 at 23:53.
Old 7th November 2008, 00:08   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Out with it! All of it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
I again have to agree!
Nobody's been stopped from expressing facts regarding the Landmaster operation, but we don't want insults flying back and forth, especially from non-involved parties.

Aditya & ajmat have stressed this point enough.

Quote:
we really dont intend to take this thread OT.
That's good. Keep it that way please.
Old 7th November 2008, 00:15   #279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Nobody's been stopped from expressing facts regarding the Landmaster operation....
Exactly.

And if you have your own issues, or good/bad experiences with the parties involved please start your OWN thread, as this one is for steeriod's landmaster story (and not particularly a garage/service review).

Summary :
1) No name calling / character assasination
2) Stick to the LANDMASTER in this thread (if you have other issues, start your own review thread)
3) State the facts, not baseless allegations.

cya
R
Old 7th November 2008, 02:32   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Who are 'they'? If you're going by v1p3r's word, I wish you all the very best.
"They" are the guys who systematically emptied your wallet. And no, I wont go by v1p3r's word. Reason is simple, "they" have tried similar stunts before with me. Of course, not here. I will post the details in a new thread.

Quote:
For the record, I've spoken to them before. If all they said were true I would have a Landmaster with 9 coats of paint (8 coats + 1 clear coat), a fully treated body which was rust-proofed and also sound-proofed with some imported gel, a hot-rod engine tuned by tuners I have only heard of, a hidden a/c, leather interiors, and fully original steering wheel, dashboard, and other original fittings - all of which were procured from this magical shop in Bangalore that stocks original Landmaster parts new in the box. (Phone conversation recordings are available for each and every one of these promises).

Instead I have a Landmaster with probably one coat of bubbling paint (which doesnt even cover the full car - see pictures of unpainted metal inside the boot and doorpanels), a body that will soon make a leper look beautiful & made more noise than a ship while moving (ask my father, the unfortunate recepient of this 'gift'), an engine that sounded worse than a diesel, brakes that did not work or got stuck when they did work, suspension that left the car tilting to the right like someone had twisted it, rubber beadings put on so badly that the windows leak water as does the windscreen, no a/c, rexine seats, leftover interiors from the original car comprising of a dirty conti steering and a slapped-on metal plate for a dash, and worse yet it was missing some pieces from the original car like the trafficators and windscreen beading trim that became impossible to find.

And you want me to believe this guy here, who is reportedly on the wanted list of most TBHPians in Bangalore? My father has one more birthday coming up next week - I couldnt get this ready for the last, I cant get it ready for this one either. All thanks to this bunch - HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD BE REFUNDED TO BRING THAT BACK?
I am lost for words, seriously.
Old 7th November 2008, 04:37   #281
Senior - BHPian

there are good and bad people.it is not different if you are in a forum(where 90% are adamant on having G2G every week or so to ? ) or not.

@steeroid:I happen to find few landmaster's running fine here.for old gen cars ,we have this "Aasaan's" who are very sincere to their work.every town have 2-3 of Enfield Bullet/jawa-yezdi and Amby/fiat/tempo mechanics still available ,atleast in our part of kerala. .
I believe your new mechanic in shornur is good.Hopes for more updates in positive.
Old 7th November 2008, 07:54   #282
BHPian

Steer: In order to bring the thread back on the restoration subject, can you give us the latest status on the landmaster.Last thing we want is the thread getting locked because of going OT

Last edited by artofzen : 7th November 2008 at 07:56.
Old 7th November 2008, 09:19   #283
BHPian

@Mods, if a "Dark Side" section does come up, could you please move the posts from this thread to a new one there? Such posts dont really belong in a restoration forum. But they should also not be hidden from other members.

Steer, hope to see you and the landy soon
Old 7th November 2008, 09:31   #284
BANNED

Landmaster is parked in my car porch. Even with all the problems, she/he attracts lots of respect from my neighbours.
One old guy came and spent around 2 hours discussing about this car. I could see the excitement of a 17 year old kid in that 55 year old man.

I've got some very good suggestions regarding the bodywork and painting. Some nice workshops have been visited too.

Some problems which needs to be attended immediately.
1. Body is in a funny shape. The front left fender and headlight is lower than the right one. Another great achievement from Motorsmiths!
Same with the rear. Right side of the car is higher then the left. So, it looks like some KSRTC fast from behind.

2. Cross member is damaged according to some mechanics who saw this car and suspects that to be the reason for slanted stance. This has to be looked into also.

3. The painting has to be redone. Other than the bubbling up issue mentioned earlier, the whole insides of the boot has started rusting due to the non visible kinda paint used by Motorsmiths.
Painting can only be done after the above mentioned jobs are finished.

4. The (tan coloured?) seat covers provided by Motorsmiths have changed it's shade to black and what not. That has to replaced by some good leather ones after painting.

5. Ofcourse! The ICE.
Old 7th November 2008, 10:41   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
1. Body is in a funny shape. The front left fender and headlight is lower than the right one. Another great achievement from Motorsmiths!
Same with the rear. Right side of the car is higher then the left. So, it looks like some KSRTC fast from behind.

2. Cross member is damaged according to some mechanics who saw this car and suspects that to be the reason for slanted stance. This has to be looked into also.
aaaah! Back to landy! Well... Zak, I don't think this cud be due to a damaged cross member. Shornur aashan won't easily miss that part if the reason is so silly!!!! He wud've checked cross member thoroughly while correcting the engine and GB mounting alignment! That was one of the major work he did this time na!

Btw, what is the comment of painter who saw the car?!

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (wud = would, cud = could, etc). Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th November 2008 at 11:16. Reason: Please see note in post.
nikkibike is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks