Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 19:57   #2671
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]

Tail lamps look really nice. I assume the pair on the left is the cast one. If possible do share what it cost you.
By indicator lenses do you mean the fish type side repeaters or front round park lights?
PS: Deepak ji are white front park light lenses for Padmini available in B'lore.
Old 18th September 2011, 21:11   #2672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakgita View Post
Finally managed to get the Tail lamp for my car. Got one from the Gujri (Mubarak meters) with two spare lenses and the other one from Mr Jaykumar of FCB who had got them cast. After a lot of filing and sandpapering, drilling, threading and buffing the finish products can be seen below.
Congrats on finally getting the much-needed original tail-lamps Col.!!

I'm so happy to know that your Mille will finally be getting back its much-deserved original look!!
Old 18th September 2011, 21:27   #2673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakgita View Post
Finally managed to get the Tail lamp for my car. Got one from the Gujri (Mubarak meters) with two spare lenses and the other one from Mr Jaykumar of FCB who had got them cast. After a lot of filing and sandpapering, drilling, threading and buffing the finish products can be seen below.
Have also managed the Indicator lenses, need to get a photo of its base so that I can fabricate it. After this the only parts I require are the lock of the boot and three hubcaps. Headlights I do not plan to change unless I get the originals.
This great Colonel, these have come out real shinny. As for the side lights. It is similar to the once that came on 1959 (which I have, can be of reference) only thing they are smaller in size.

There is one guy who has these originals on his car, you can take referrence from those. His care came from Bihar. Here are the pictures. However the difficult part would be to fabricate the backelite connectors.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc01474.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc01475.jpg

PS.: Did he had tail lights for 59 model also.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 22:06   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
This great Colonel, these have come out real shinny. As for the side lights. It is similar to the once that came on 1959 (which I have, can be of reference) only thing they are smaller in size.

There is one guy who has these originals on his car, you can take referrence from those. His care came from Bihar. Here are the pictures. However the difficult part would be to fabricate the backelite connectors.

PS.: Did he had tail lights for 59 model also.
Hi Manish,
Don't know if he had the tail lights of the 59 model. I am still holding on to those tail ights and the front parking lights which you had wanted (photographs of which I had posted some time ago).
Fabricating the base for the front indicators should not be a problem as it is circular in shape. Which bakelite connectors are you talking about?
There is a shop in Shivajinagar who has the tear drop shaped lenses for the front indicators, he also had the small round side indicator units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Tail lamps look really nice. I assume the pair on the left is the cast one. If possible do share what it cost you.
By indicator lenses do you mean the fish type side repeaters or front round park lights?
PS: Deepak ji are white front park light lenses for Padmini available in B'lore.
Yes the unit for the left hand side is the cast one, though from the exterior you cannot make out. By indicator lenses I meant the round type which is there in front of my 56 model, it does not have indicators on the side. Manish's post above shows the type required by me.
I do not know if the front park light lenses are available here. I have seen the tear drop shaped lenses in a shop.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 19th September 2011 at 13:02. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 16th October 2011, 22:51   #2675
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dear Fiatians, A short-film trailer casting Karthik Makam's Red Palio SDX and Sujith's BW Punto, click on the below link to watch the video. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...lly-me-11.html
Old 30th October 2011, 22:13   #2676
BHPian

desperately looking for a five hole head for my fiat 1100 which is currently under renovation. would be really grateful if anyone can help me getting one. vipul
mathurvipul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 22:38   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurvipul View Post
desperately looking for a five hole head for my fiat 1100 which is currently under renovation. would be really grateful if anyone can help me getting one. vipul
Hey Vipul, can you please post some pics of your car? And also the exact details of the model and the mechanic working on your car.
Old 2nd November 2011, 23:31   #2678
BHPian

A lovely pic of a FIAT owned by Team-Bhpian 1100D!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-aa.jpg  

Karthik1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:10   #2679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Mr.Vipul Mathur - please PM me your contact number. My contact in Mumbai's infamous "Chor Bazaar" happens to have this cylinder head lying in his shop. If you want, I can ask him.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 09:11   #2680
BHPian

Dear Mr Behram,

Thanks for this help. My number is 9342471416. It would be really kind of you if I can get this one. Regards. Vipul
Old 5th November 2011, 21:52   #2681
BHPian

Can someone save her please!

Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-photo0206.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-photo0207.jpg  

Old 5th November 2011, 22:16   #2682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Can someone save her please!

Does look restorable. 'even seems to have the rare, OHH REE GEE NAL small headlamps!
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 20:32   #2683
BHPian

How much would the current owner give it for. Who does it belong to and is there a contact number.
Old 10th November 2011, 21:53   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
How much would the current owner give it for. Who does it belong to and is there a contact number.
Near Bhashyam Circle of Rajajinagar, there is a Shanti Sagar hotel. In one of the lanes there, this FIAT is there. Good LUCK.
Old 10th November 2011, 21:53   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM

Dear Mr.Vipul Mathur - please PM me your contact number. My contact in Mumbai's infamous "Chor Bazaar" happens to have this cylinder head lying in his shop. If you want, I can ask him.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Mr Behram,

If you could share your number, I would call you up sometime for the desperate help to get the 5 hole head for fiat 1100.

Regards.

Vipul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100

Near Bhashyam Circle of Rajajinagar, there is a Shanti Sagar hotel. In one of the lanes there, this FIAT is there. Good LUCK.
Thanks karthik,

Will go across on Saturday and check it out.
Regards.

Vipul

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2011 at 23:03. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quaote (Quote +) instead. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks