Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 12:19   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
is this rajendra prasad's car?
Yes. All the cosmetics are safe at his home.
Old 6th September 2009, 15:34   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
yes the grille and the symbol do match, but I am not sure about the bumpers and the tail lights. Even the Third side glass and the rear hatch seemed more like :-

Attachment 178542

Although my memory could be failing me
Hello,

The blue car in picture used to belong to the Kudremukh Iorn & Ore Company (from the MEJ number series). If I am not totally off the mark, this one was one of the Safari Fleets they had in their corporate office in Bangalore (The building next to the Webbs garage - in 1970s). My friends dad was working there and the Safaris used to be my gang's seconadary transport those days when we were forced to use a car (primary mod was of course our trusted Yezdis).

The original tail lamps on it were big round ones - One Red and one Amber on each side.

Best regards

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 6th September 2009 at 15:36.
Old 6th September 2009, 16:22   #258
Senior - BHPian

@ Arun : thanks for posting the pictures, sorry for not doing from my end.

It is a 1955 103 TV as evident from the pictures and from the RC Book. I posting some more pictures.

As per the owner he is in possession of the original bits and pieces only reamining items will be the hub caps which karl showed.

How ever I doubt when he says original as for example the car is having Premier Padmani wheels, Tinted window glasses bearing PAL name coutsey the Previous Owner.

Even though the exact type wheels have been procured from gujari will they be called original?????

Also did the CAR came with side Indiactors / repeaters??? Also found few more extra gauges in the car.

The pipes boxed in the Pictures are for the Heating water in and out from the radiator to the air box.

The fan showed above that picture is for forcing the fresh air in. This was a standard feature for Italian mabe Fiats but removed in the Indian ones.

The Engine bay has some Lucas stuff like coil and the cutout.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09663.jpg

The Original Meters.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09672.jpg

The side tray.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09676.jpg

After market power anteena.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09677.jpg

The clock and the temprature Gauge seems Italian though.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09678.jpg

The coat Hanger, is that original.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09681.jpg

Rear View mirror, not original again.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09683.jpg

Door pads are like original.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09684.jpg

Pal window Glasses

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09685.jpg

Original number plate light.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09688.jpg

More when I am back and visit Rajendras parts storage (the erstwhile space beneath the BED ) for more of the stuff form the 103 TV.
Old 7th September 2009, 10:34   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
It is a 1955 103 TV as evident from the pictures and from the RC Book. I posting some more pictures.

How ever I doubt when he says original as for example the car is having Premier Padmani wheels, Tinted window glasses bearing PAL name coutsey the Previous Owner.

Also did the CAR came with side Indiactors / repeaters??? Also found few more extra gauges in the car.

The pipes boxed in the Pictures are for the Heating water in and out from the radiator to the air box.

The fan showed above that picture is for forcing the fresh air in. This was a standard feature for Italian mabe Fiats but removed in the Indian ones.

The Engine bay has some Lucas stuff like coil and the cutout.
The clock and the temprature Gauge seems Italian though.

The coat Hanger, is that original.

Door pads are like original.
The original wheel rims for a 55 TV should probably be identical to those found on 55 dukkars in India. They too are pretty hard to find, I am looking for 3 wheels for my 55 dukkar.

All original glasses should bear 'Sekurit' logo.

Certain models did have tiny side indicators, but I am not 100% sure whether this model should. If I see the style of side trims it should help. Near the indicator I think there should be a 1100TV badge as well.

Is the original engine available? Many cars of this age (especially imported ones), had local engines replcaed at some point. It was more convenient, parts were easier to source and cheaper.

Coil and distributor for a 55 should should probably be Magnetti Marelli, especially for the TV, but I am not 100% sure. Export market cars in the UK would sport Lucas units, and German market cars would sport Bosch fuel pumps etc., so it differs case to case. My 1961 Fiat 1100 Export (delivered new to London, came to India in 65) has an original Lucas coil and distributor.

I can see the previous owner of this car must have been very shoukeen, having accessorised his car so much. Was it raced at any point back in the day?

The large central clock and other smaller guages are later additions. The ignition switch should fit in the centre of the dash.

Coat hook may be a later addition. Maybe.
Door pad trim appears original, but the style of the pad itself is incorrect. The winder and door handles appear to be changed to later milling type from what I can see. Subject to correction.

Any front end pictures? Are the original headlights in place?

Last edited by karlosdeville : 7th September 2009 at 10:37.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:54   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The original wheel rims for a 55 TV should probably be identical to those found on 55 dukkars in India. They too are pretty hard to find, I am looking for 3 wheels for my 55 dukkar.

The owner has sourced the wheels.

All original glasses should bear 'Sekurit' logo.

This will not be there.

Certain models did have tiny side indicators, but I am not 100% sure whether this model should. If I see the style of side trims it should help. Near the indicator I think there should be a 1100TV badge as well.

I will make a visit once I am back to see all the stuff stored away.

Is the original engine available? Many cars of this age (especially imported ones), had local engines replcaed at some point. It was more convenient, parts were easier to source and cheaper.

Yes but in bits and pieces.

Coil and distributor for a 55 should should probably be Magnetti Marelli, especially for the TV, but I am not 100% sure. Export market cars in the UK would sport Lucas units, and German market cars would sport Bosch fuel pumps etc., so it differs case to case. My 1961 Fiat 1100 Export (delivered new to London, came to India in 65) has an original Lucas coil and distributor.

No comments, you are the Authority.

I can see the previous owner of this car must have been very shoukeen, having accessorised his car so much. Was it raced at any point back in the day?

Oh yeah, seems so from the stickers and the big clock for keeping the leg timings.

The large central clock and other smaller guages are later additions. The ignition switch should fit in the centre of the dash.

Coat hook may be a later addition. Maybe.
Door pad trim appears original, but the style of the pad itself is incorrect. The winder and door handles appear to be changed to later milling type from what I can see. Subject to correction.

Door Pad has been redone, I checked the brochure, it do not matches. The winder and handels are the local repro ones.

Any front end pictures? Are the original headlights in place?
Here u go with the front end
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09660.jpg
I will try and get all the stuff stored away clicked. The outline made by the trims (they have been removed and kept safe) on the body suggest there were no side repeators.

Last edited by manishalive : 7th September 2009 at 16:55.
Old 7th September 2009, 17:08   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Unfortunately, like a majority of dukkars in India, the original mudguards have been cut to accomodate larger size of headlights. Reversing this damage is very difficult, though not impossible.

Quote:
No comments, you are the Authority.
Manish, I am no authority. There are many on the forum who have taught me most things I know. Their years of experience I can never match.
What ever I say is just my observation of other cars, googling, books etc. It need not be 100% true, these kind of things differed from batch to batch, market to market etc. But I am certainly very excited to see a genuine TV being restored. I've always wanted to own one, I had/have plans of building one in the distant future.
Old 7th September 2009, 17:09   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - in the original Italian workshop manual which I have with me (my teacher Mr.Framroze Nariman's personal copy, I got it after his sad demise and I will never part with it) contains details of the TV model, including the Weber carburettor DCLD7. Therefore, please post whatever pictures you can, especially engine pictures.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 7th September 2009, 17:15   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Some terrific reference images can be found here. The specification and model seems to match.

NUOVA MILLECENTO CLUB ITALIA

Note the finned polished tappet cover. Is it present?
Old 7th September 2009, 18:17   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - in the original Italian workshop manual which I have with me (my teacher Mr.Framroze Nariman's personal copy, I got it after his sad demise and I will never part with it) contains details of the TV model, including the Weber carburettor DCLD7. Therefore, please post whatever pictures you can, especially engine pictures.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Yes sir sure, infact your help will be very much required . We will update all on the devlopments, the resto is going to start soon.
Old 7th September 2009, 18:32   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Some terrific reference images can be found here. The specification and model seems to match.

NUOVA MILLECENTO CLUB ITALIA

Note the finned polished tappet cover. Is it present?
Those are a good reference, the interiors are done up but are nice.

Have u noticed all the knobs and the winding lever cups are blcak?? should they be Ivory.

And the steering wheel seems original, is it?

The indicator i believe its a later addition, Attaching some pictures from the 1955 brochure. The steering wheel seems like that.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-tv.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-tv2.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-tv3.jpg

As for the Valve mechanism cover, will check and let u know. Man TV had lot of diff bits, this time will make sure to cover all the stuff.

Last edited by manishalive : 7th September 2009 at 18:34.
Old 7th September 2009, 20:53   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm......I wish the Millecento and Elegant had the TV-like rear end (apologies to passionate dukkar fans! )....IMHO it looks better with the fins, even though blunt ones.
Old 7th September 2009, 23:49   #267
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion the 1100 TV has the best steering ever for any car, a beautiful translucent lucite steering, my ultimate dream, someday i shall have one on my elegant to match the yellow horn button.
Old 8th September 2009, 10:52   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Those are a good reference, the interiors are done up but are nice.

Have u noticed all the knobs and the winding lever cups are blcak?? should they be Ivory.

And the steering wheel seems original, is it?
Many TVs came with this style of dark brown translucent steering wheels - don't they look fab? Maintaining them under our conditions must be impossible though - one minor crack and you can't repair it.

Do note that the pull switches on the dash match this style. So the door handle collars would also be dark brown, as are the meter surrounds.

Again, it is not necessary that every single TV in 55 would have this combination. Im sure there would be options depending on price, colour of car and interiors etc.
Old 9th September 2009, 00:52   #269
Senior - BHPian

A quick question - What is the correct position for the inner door lock handle, when in "locked" mode ?? While in the regular 1100s and padminis, it sits with tail downward, sort of in an eight o'clock position.
In this TV, (as also in Amol's centrelight) I see it with tail upwards, in a ten o'clock position.
Some light please..
Old 9th September 2009, 10:58   #270
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

if u change the internal cable position and rollers, in padminis also u can fit like TV's style.

Note from Team BHP:

Please type out your post in complete and proper english. Use of SMS lingo like u, da, y etc is strictly prohibited on Team BHP. We advise you to go through the rules before proceeding further. Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 9th September 2009 at 12:04. Reason: See note in post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks