Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 20:52   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Salon Moto Legende:An Autoshow consecrated to two wheelers mostly of vintage,opened today in Paris.
I was invited to the show by the Lambretta Club of France.It was a spectacular show of most of the profilic motorcycles and huge meeting place for die hard motorcyclists.
Being a scooterist,I concentrated on Lambretta and Vespa stalls,though the cake was taken by the motorcycles.
Vespas disappointed me,but i was thrilled to see a LML Star !!
Lambretta France places an active role in organising meets in France
The blonde Vespas and Lambrettas look awesome. Thanks hillram for posting the lovely pictures.Keep them coming please!
Paris has many two wheeler lovers and so the expo must have drawn quite a lot of crowds.
Old 8th January 2011, 21:50   #152

Re: Vespas and Vespas only

hi anyone knows where i can find 8" or 10" white/cream colour tyres for vespa scooters. I want to buy them for restoring a showroom scooter. I mean the whole tyre has to be white, not just the common white wall tyres. There used to be some factory producing them a few years ago but I can't seem to find them now. Anyone who knows, please PM me and I would really appreciate.
Old 27th February 2011, 07:58   #153
Senior - BHPian

I found this Pinky in front of a lathe shop in JC road. Earlier she was Creamy, looked a lot better then .

Vespas and Vespas only-img0133a.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-img0134a.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-img0135a.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-img0136a.jpg
Old 27th February 2011, 11:49   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I found this Pinky in front of a lathe shop in JC road. Earlier she was Creamy, looked a lot better then .

Attachment 508242

Attachment 508243

Attachment 508244

Attachment 508245
Nice scoot. Hmm, 'wonder from whose ride the colour was inspired...!

But is that another front seat they have fitted on the rear??
Old 27th February 2011, 22:08   #155
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pinky scooter...one distinctiveness is the Vespa marking in the Speedometre.I never found this in any of the 62 models which came with this kind of set up.
Old 26th March 2011, 05:04   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Nice Pinky scooter...one distinctiveness is the Vespa marking in the Speedometre.I never found this in any of the 62 models which came with this kind of set up.
looks like an aftermarket item, or at least the speedo plate is. Vespa never added the R(egistered trademark) behind their brand name until the late 1990s I beleive
Old 26th March 2011, 21:34   #157
Senior - BHPian

Yes! Vespas have never had their brand name on the speedometer it is a aftermarket speedometer, however bajaj had their trademark on the speedo. Now-a-days there are lot of look alike, repro parts for Vespas available in the market.
Old 15th April 2011, 23:06   #158
BHPian

Vespa acquired!!!

So i wander into unfamiliar territory.........

I recently chanced upon a ol' fellow astride a sweet Vespa150 in NanaPeth, i had to follow him as a friend of mine has been bugging me to find one for him!

So all said and done.......at the end of yesterday we had ourselves the vespa!

The question i want to put out to you vespa fanatics, is that this particular one is a series VBA 1T, what i want to know is if this series was manufactured offshore??

A pretty convincing website claims it's a 1958! and since the Bajaj-Piaggio collaboration began in 1960, this ones gotta be italian made?
Old 15th April 2011, 23:37   #159
BHPian

For people who had questions about the differences between a Bajaj 150 and a Vespa 150, here's a Bajaj that came into the picture by chance! I hadn't even noticed it!
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-vespa.jpg  

Old 16th April 2011, 00:08   #160
Senior - BHPian

The only difference between Vespa 150 and Bajaj 150 is the Nose or Horn cast and the Handle bar, engine side Vespa's will have PIAGGIO written below the gear box, piaggo symbol on several other engine parts, however bajaj logo is embossed at the same place.

Folks I am looking for this thin aluminium strip like thing on the front mudgaurd, if anyone can help me in this it will complete my scooter look.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp dumdum.bmp (346.9 KB, 336 views)
Old 16th April 2011, 10:01   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vespa acquired!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
A pretty convincing website claims it's a 1958! and since the Bajaj-Piaggio collaboration began in 1960, this ones gotta be italian made?
Congrats to you guys on your acquisition! BTW, what does the RC book say about the year? I doubt it could be a '58 though, definitely early 60s if its the same green one in your pic. But that still makes it italian, so no issues.
Old 16th April 2011, 23:56   #162
BHPian

Thanks guys...... the RC is very dicey!
It says 1961 and this one needs an italian heart to complete the deal! Currently a bajaj 150 powers her!
Old 17th April 2011, 20:58   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys...... the RC is very dicey!
It says 1961 and this one needs an italian heart to complete the deal! Currently a bajaj 150 powers her!
Edmund you mean to say a Bajaj 150 engine was transplanted to the scooter? few scooters got the same change due to wear and dear, however check if the half chamber (magnet side) is changed it does happen in few cases which means you need to only change half chamber. If the whole engine is changed then I am not sure how difficult it that to find a original chamber at your place but to the technicality, then nothing has changed both the engines are the same.
Old 17th April 2011, 21:12   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
The only difference between Vespa 150 and Bajaj 150 is the Nose or Horn cast and the Handle bar, engine side Vespa's will have PIAGGIO written below the gear box, piaggo symbol on several other engine parts, however bajaj logo is embossed at the same place.
Quote:
For people who had questions about the differences between a Bajaj 150 and a Vespa 150, here's a Bajaj that came into the picture by chance! I hadn't even noticed it!
Actually the horn/ nose cast was changed to this new shape for Bajaj 150's sometime in 1976. From July 1971-75 or even later for some months in 1976, the horn/nose cast was the same as the Vespa 150. The only difference other than the Bajaj label all over the scooter, was the speedo with a light grey dial with a blue combination. The older Yenkay (rounded ) speedos of the Vespas were gone.
Old 18th April 2011, 02:15   #165
BHPian

2nd one!

I seem to be on a roll here, bagged my second vespa 150, a 1965 one today! Piaggio engine et al! If the body is too rusted then the engine goes into the VBA!!!

Will keep you vespa buffs posted!

@Chanu: The VBA probably had some major engine trouble forcing the previous owner to dump the motor! No worries, i seem to have my vespa shades on!!! =D

Most Viewed