Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2009, 16:03   #76
BHPian

need to answer all but one by one ha ha,
first of all thanks to all for appreciating and patting my back,then comes the white walls they are made by Shinko(korea) the sister company of yokohama exported to us,then imported by nuts like me to India,and comes the meter, got a new one from Delhi, dont know what year or relevance it has its a kilometer not milometer,picked it as i found it looking nice written Vespa rather than Bajaj,need to fix some water transfers from a friend in Italy with driving instruction and written made in Italy
Old 31st December 2009, 12:01   #77
BHPian

hi guys where are all the bhpians lost no reply since long, is every body out for a new year blast,,any ways HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL , may god help you find (me too) al those vespas ,lambrettas that you were aspiring for cheers to all
Old 31st December 2009, 22:46   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
hi guys where are all the bhpians lost no reply since long, is every body out for a new year blast,,any ways HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL , may god help you find (me too) al those vespas ,lambrettas that you were aspiring for cheers to all
Caught up with year end work at office, hope this year turns out to be a wonderful year. Wish all find their desire machines and most imp let the GOD BLESS ALL THE DEAM MACHINES a great year for restoration and performance. Cheers!!
Old 1st January 2010, 13:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
then comes the white walls they are made by Shinko(korea) the sister company of yokohama exported to us,then imported by nuts like me to India,and comes the meter, got a new one from Delhi, dont know what year
Hi Inderpalji can you give us an indication of the cost for the whitewalls and a dealer for inporting the same.I plan to import similar ones for my lambretta. thanks in advance.

Happy New year to all the Vespa, Lambretta and other scooter lovers.
Old 1st January 2010, 17:17   #80
BHPian

hi mole, i can get you the white walls in 350-8 or 10 " rim size and will cost approx 5k each, yes it is costly but adds a real touch or you can go for white wall inserts for approx 3k (four pcs ) for both tires,but they have a limited life time say 2-3 years after which they start getting yellowish,some friends also complain that inserts make the wheel wobble,but iam not sure, i used them in my beetle and they are ok ok, now i am planning for white walls for beetle too, which will be approx 15k each Firestone with only outer side white ,but the scooter has both sides white ,they are shinko made in Korea,second option is Continental but they are far more expensive and quality is the same so doesnt make much sense i believe.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:25   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi mole, i can get you the white walls in 350-8 or 10 " rim size and will cost approx 5k each, yes it is costly but adds a real touch or you can go for white wall inserts for approx 3k (four pcs ) for both tires,but they have a limited life time say 2-3 years after which they start getting yellowish,some friends also complain that inserts make the wheel wobble,but iam not sure, i used them in my beetle and they are ok ok, now i am planning for white walls for beetle too, which will be approx 15k each Firestone with only outer side white ,but the scooter has both sides white ,they are shinko made in Korea,second option is Continental but they are far more expensive and quality is the same so doesnt make much sense i believe.
Hi Inderpalji thank you for your help, I will definately get in touch with you for the tires once i start restoration on my scooter.

You may want to also try out this brand called Ling Long its Chinese I just fixed a pair of 15" narrow whitewalls on my Rover. They are simply superb for the price. i would say the look is as good if not better than the BF Goodriches I have on my Mercedes. Quality is'nt bad either.
Old 2nd January 2010, 14:10   #82
BHPian

hi mole ,that a better idea indeed,are the ling long radials or bias ply, are they avble in india, as i nead for my latest 4th beetle and merc 71
Old 2nd January 2010, 20:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi mole ,that a better idea indeed,are the ling long radials or bias ply, are they avble in india, as i nead for my latest 4th beetle and merc 71
I got them from BK tyres in Delhi cost about 3100/- a tyre. Thats a steal for steel belted tubeless tyres.
Old 12th January 2010, 10:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

Here is what my brother owns, she still has got a special place his heart and she has got special privelage at home prime parking space, mom never lets her to be under the sky she has to be covered all the times. My bro is planning to give her a new look this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-flying20sparrow.jpg  

Old 12th January 2010, 16:19   #85
BHPian

Where can I get a set of white rubber parts? Please do let me know. Thank you.
Old 17th March 2010, 22:49   #86
BHPian

My Vespa PL 170 Cafe racer project

Here's a Vespa PL 170 I picked up last year for around Rs 4000/-. It is a 1982 model and was in a pretty bad body condition when I picked it up.

I wanted to create some thing different out of it and thought about a racing scooter with a very vibrant bright color and some stickering on the body panel. It will have single cafe racer seat slightly elevated towards the end.

Started the work 10 days back and here is how it looks as on date, any thoughts or ideas are welcome,

for now enjoy the pixs,
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-photo0125.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-photo0126.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-photo0127.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-photo0128.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-photo0129.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-photo0135.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-photo0140.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-photo0141.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-photo0143.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-photo0144.jpg  

Old 17th March 2010, 22:55   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
Here's a Vespa PL 170 I picked up last year for around Rs 4000/-. It is a 1982 model and was in a pretty bad body condition when I picked it up.

I wanted to create some thing different out of it and thought about a racing scooter with a very vibrant bright color and some stickering on the body panel. It will have single cafe racer seat slightly elevated towards the end.

Started the work 10 days back and here is how it looks as on date, any thoughts or ideas are welcome,

for now enjoy the pixs,
hi srisha congratulations on your buy. Do keep us updated. The spares may be simply tough impossible to come by.Wish you all the best to keep the rare scooter running, fit and fine.
Old 17th March 2010, 22:59   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
hi srisha congratulations on your buy. Do keep us updated. The spares may be simply tough impossible to come by.Wish you all the best to keep the rare scooter running, fit and fine.
Thank you, yes the spares are really difficult to find. I am looking for the headlight cover and kicker shaft. Any leads, pls let me know.
Old 18th March 2010, 00:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Where can I get a set of white rubber parts? Please do let me know. Thank you.
White rubber parts are real rare species now, we used to get till 2005 here in Hyd now its become tough even if available they are very expensive, so i would advice to continue with black rubber parts as quality wise also its better than the white ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post

for now enjoy the pixs,
Good Idea Srisha! I guess you have not given her a clear coat yet. If so, get the stickering done period style now itself i.e., shell oil, good year tyres/Dunlop symbol, Mico spark plug, and also you can have some mettalic/sparkling colour stripes (2 stripes) lets say 1" thickness running from the front sheild from the 'U' beeding on the front behind the monogram and ending just below the horn cast. I also feel white colour seat along with red piping with vertical stripes stiched to give speed breaker shaped look would make this beauty look awesome!

Go for LML NV type tail lamp for her rather Bajaj super/cub tail lamp which she had. How is the handle shaped is that the old flat one or the LML type with round meter?

Last edited by chanu : 18th March 2010 at 01:00.
Old 20th April 2010, 11:43   #90
BHPian

Hey Guys:

It found this to add to my toolkit. Its the magnet, coil, and clutch puller for the Vespa PL170. It is a NOS found in a spares shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-image_069.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-image_070.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-image_071.jpg  

TuffRyder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks