Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 07:38   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vespas and Vespas only

I guess this is from that square headlamp LML scooter which has come with the smaller wheels like the Bajaj 150, I am not able to re collect it's name, else this might be from LML Prithvi as well, I am not sure.
Old 6th December 2011, 15:02   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Your scooter looks very neat and I liked the color, I guess you have done the seats as in your WV's. I liked the period registration and number plate. I have my scooter completed but few things like touch ups, polishing, monogram fixing is due.
Thanks Chanu,the seats are made of rexine sort of hard stuff and not at all fabric,they are available in different patterns at Delhi for 1100 INR for both,i liked the blue one as they go with the scooter, also i have added another cool thing- a similar color (Blue) Vespa bag, luckily picked it from a flee market in UK,here is the picture

and regarding the meter is it from LML T5 model that can in late 90's?
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-img2011120602090.jpg  

Old 7th December 2011, 10:06   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
Thanks Chanu,the seats are made of rexine sort of hard stuff and not at all fabric,they are available in different patterns at Delhi for 1100 INR for both,i liked the blue one as they go with the scooter, also i have added another cool thing- a similar color (Blue) Vespa bag, luckily picked it from a flee market in UK,here is the picture

and regarding the meter is it from LML T5 model that can in late 90's?
Inderpalgill Ji the meter is definitely not from T5, I am sure, please look at the pic attached below which is of T5. There are few models in LML which were not so popular and I guess this should be from some of them, either LML Elstart/Alfa with two lamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-speedometer_excel_102.jpg  

chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 21:03   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
You mean my PL 170 would've fetched me 800 Euro?
Well, to be honest: Yes it would.
But first you would have to buy a scooter in a reasonably good shape in India.
Then you have to restore it completely.
Then you have to get the paperwork ready for export.
Pay shipping, export- (if such exist) and import-taxes and duties.
Then you hopefully got correct papers for the scooter (otherwise you can sell it in parts unless it is Italian made - there is enough information from Piaggio on these to substitute papers).
Finally you sell the scooter but don't forget that you have to give defects liability for one year, no matter how old the vehicle is.

And yes, I have imported some scooters from India to Europe in the past, had dealings with not-so-reliable business-partners, won't do it again...
limerick1999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 14:18   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
another cool thing- a similar color (Blue) Vespa bag, luckily picked it from a flee market in UK
Nice Vespa Bag Inder.Here are few cool things i picked up from the Vespa store in Paris last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00009.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00010.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00012.jpg  

Old 13th December 2011, 15:19   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Inderpalgill Ji the meter is definitely not from T5, I am sure, please look at the pic attached below which is of T5. There are few models in LML which were not so popular and I guess this should be from some of them, either LML Elstart/Alfa with two lamps.
The speedo is definitely not of Elstart. As it had exactly same Speedo as NV.

I am sure this photo belongs to T5. Not sure about the Alfa..
Old 15th December 2011, 16:19   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi all,
Found this speedometer for sale in a spare part shop. Some one please throw some light on which model of Vespa this fits it. PM me if someone needs this.
Regards,
Ilango
Well, from what I can see on the picture, this speedo seems to come from an LML - scooter (mind the old LML - logo). Having said that, it seems that this speedo is similar to the ones that were/are used on some Indonesian Vespas (the model is called Exclusiv 150). These have a quite unique headset, it's metal/plastic like the LML NV but squareish, reminding on the Indian PL170 and the classic square Bajaj Super/Vespa Sprint headset.
I have featured some pictures with this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-vespa_exclusiv_2.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-vespa_exclusiv_2_headset.jpg  

limerick1999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 19:45   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerick1999 View Post
(the model is called Exclusiv 150). These have a quite unique headset, it's metal/plastic like the LML NV but squareish, reminding on the Indian PL170 and the classic square Bajaj Super/Vespa Sprint headset.
What's that device fitted onto the horncast at front? Looks like some machine fitted inside cars in Singapore, which used to calculate the tax for the owners to pay. Is this photo taken at SG as well?
Old 16th December 2011, 04:06   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
What's that device fitted onto the horncast at front? Looks like some machine fitted inside cars in Singapore, which used to calculate the tax for the owners to pay. Is this photo taken at SG as well?

Hello Stanher!

Sorry, no idea where the photo was taken, found it on the net in an article on DanVespa, the Indonesian Vespa-licensee. I actually have wondered about that device as well.
Old 18th December 2011, 05:14   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, from what I can see on the picture, this speedo seems to come from an LML - scooter (mind the old LML - logo). Having said that, it seems that this speedo is similar to the ones that were/are used on some Indonesian Vespas (the model is called Exclusiv 150). These have a quite unique headset, it's metal/plastic like the LML NV but squareish, reminding on the Indian PL170 and the classic square Bajaj Super/Vespa Sprint headset.
This the model I was referring to, there was a LML model with similar handle bar however the wheelbase was of Vespa/Bajaj150 (small wheel) it is called with a different name, there is a pediatrician in my colony who still uses it I will confirm the name soon.
Old 18th December 2011, 18:58   #191

Quote:
This the model I was referring to, there was a LML model with similar handle bar however the wheelbase was of Vespa/Bajaj150 (small wheel) it is called with a different name, there is a pediatrician in my colony who still uses it I will confirm the name soon.
Hello chanu!

Inspred by your post I was searching the net today and stumbled across a US-American forum, where I found pictures of a Bajaj. The model's called "de Luxe" possibly sold as "Viking" as well, sporting an interestingly shaped handle bar (see below). It's made of metal, different from the Indonesian one above. It's not that clear from the angles of the pictures, but it seems to have 8 inch wheels - might even be the model you referred to. I'm loving that style - the handle bar and the scooter as a whole - would love to get my hands on one of those...
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-bajajdeluxe2_765.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-bajajdeluxe1_290.jpg  

Old 19th December 2011, 10:03   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Hello chanu!

Inspred by your post I was searching the net today and stumbled across a US-American forum, where I found pictures of a Bajaj. The model's called "de Luxe" possibly sold as "Viking" as well, sporting an interestingly shaped handle bar (see below). It's made of metal, different from the Indonesian one above. It's not that clear from the angles of the pictures, but it seems to have 8 inch wheels - might even be the model you referred to. I'm loving that style - the handle bar and the scooter as a whole - would love to get my hands on one of those...
Hello,

This scooter was similar to Bajaj Super being sold in India, which has 8" wheels. The only difference i see is in arrangement of speedometer, which was probably intended for exports only. Here are a couple of pics of a 1982 Bajaj Super with similar handle bar being sold in india. Please note that the colour scheme is not original.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-1320321834_252305608_1bajajsupervintagescooterforsalekollam.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-1320321834_252305608_5bajajsupervintagescooterforsalevehicles.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-1320321834_252305608_4bajajsupervintagescooterforsalemotorcyclesscooters.jpg  

Old 9th February 2012, 16:28   #193
BHPian

i got some additions to my vespa, a vespa bag and another good accesory for the front wheel area,here are some pictures to share
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-img2012020602861.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-img2012020602862.jpg  

Old 9th February 2012, 16:30   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Hello,

This scooter was similar to Bajaj Super being sold in India, which has 8" wheels. The only difference i see is in arrangement of speedometer, which was probably intended for exports only. Here are a couple of pics of a 1982 Bajaj Super with similar handle bar being sold in india. Please note that the colour scheme is not original.
we have the similar scooter in the family since first day its 1981 and having 10" wheels and the badge reads bajaj Chetak,will post some pictures soon
Old 9th February 2012, 17:41   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Hello chanu!

We had a bajaj Viking from 1983 to 1999, and i can definitely say that the pictures are not of a Viking!
The differences in the viking were the round speedometer with marking in miles/per hr, round indicators at the front and rear with bent stalks, stepney was placed around the rear tail-light, Head lamp was a round one, on the headlamp body it had 3 bulbs, amber for left and right indicators, green for neutral and blue for high beam. In addition the headlamp body had a 3 way switch for ignition on/off/ parking on. An additional key was given for locking the handlebar which was like the regular chetak models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks