Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 21:29   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vespas and Vespas only

Here is one Vespa spotted and done up by my Garage. Not fully original and color combo is also not right but looks awesome.

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc09006.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc09008.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc09009.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc09010.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc09011.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc09019.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc09020.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc09021.jpg

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc09016.jpg
Old 27th May 2011, 15:19   #167
Senior - BHPian

This scooter looks amazingly beautiful. Good job done. Now-a-days its lucky to have one (Vespa) a priced possession.

Now-a-days white rubber parts are readily available for these beauties, I have been offered a complete set of rubbers in white for my scooter but refused as the quality is not that comparitve like the Senior rubber parts. I don't mind having black rubber beedings than having white and had to replace it often.
Old 27th May 2011, 15:53   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
This scooter looks amazingly beautiful. Good job done. Now-a-days its lucky to have one (Vespa) a priced possession.

Now-a-days white rubber parts are readily available for these beauties, I have been offered a complete set of rubbers in white for my scooter but refused as the quality is not that comparitve like the Senior rubber parts. I don't mind having black rubber beedings than having white and had to replace it often.
Chanu,

I have picked up a 67 vespa will post the pics soon. Will be going to for a complete restoration process down this year currenlty doing up my 1956 millicento
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...storation.html

can u get one complete set of white rubber parts i am interested. Looking for handle grippers also with P written on it if available there and Vespa foot rest which is missing in my scooter.

Thanks in advance,
Saleem

Last edited by beetle_boy : 27th May 2011 at 16:11.
Old 27th May 2011, 16:13   #169
BHPian

Picked up an after market taillamp for my vespa.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-taillamp1.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-vespa_taillight.jpg  

Old 9th June 2011, 11:30   #170
BHPian

@beetle_boy, where did you got this tail lap from ? i am searching for one since long. Can you share the information.

And, how much did you pay for it ?
Old 9th June 2011, 12:15   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@beetle_boy, where did you got this tail lap from ? i am searching for one since long. Can you share the information.

And, how much did you pay for it ?
hi,they are after market ones but good finish easily available in karol bagh -Delhi( may be other sources too,but i got them from KB)the fellow is a helping one and can send parts in courier after to transfer funds to his account,some other parts of great quality eg leather seats and chequered seats( see my vespa pics-or let me know i can repost them) are available with him,all the best
inderpalgill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 12:25   #172
BHPian

Thanks Inderji for the information. How much do they normally charge for such tail lamps ? i am asking as i will be in delhi mid-next week, so i can procure the same personally.
Old 9th June 2011, 13:52   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Inderji for the information. How much do they normally charge for such tail lamps ? i am asking as i will be in delhi mid-next week, so i can procure the same personally.
I bought the same in bangalore for 650 bucks some 9 months ago. It has a vespa script written on it. Non scripted one was 50 bucks cheaper. Apart from this lot of other repro stuff like white rubber, monograms etc. are also available.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 14:58   #174
BHPian

Quote:
well i dont remember exactly but as manish suggests i think that will cost approx the same,you can ask in karol bagh,for many vendors ,khazanchi is the best for seats and saddles or let me know i will pm you the shop number etc.all the best-ride safe,restore a vespa helmet on a parallel side
Old 9th June 2011, 15:08   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
well i dont remember exactly but as manish suggests i think that will cost approx the same,you can ask in karol bagh,for many vendors ,khazanchi is the best for seats and saddles or let me know i will pm you the shop number etc.all the best-ride safe,restore a vespa helmet on a parallel side
Thanks Inderpal Ji. Kindly send me the shop number & other details
restoring the Vespa Helmet was a Good One..!!
Old 24th June 2011, 22:42   #176
Senior - BHPian

These complete white rubber beading set acquired for my friend who is due to restore a vespa. This complete set comes with 2 handle grips with PIAGGIO logo embossed on it, break pedal rubber, kick rubber, dicky beading, petrol cap rubber with tap rubber, center mat (Old type) alimunium channel rubbers, dome beading (both sides). These parts will enhance the look of the scooter once complete.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-bd.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-rb.jpg  

Old 25th June 2011, 16:15   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
These complete white rubber beading set acquired for my friend who is due to restore a vespa. This complete set comes with 2 handle grips with PIAGGIO logo embossed on it, break pedal rubber, kick rubber, dicky beading, petrol cap rubber with tap rubber, center mat (Old type) alimunium channel rubbers, dome beading (both sides). These parts will enhance the look of the scooter once complete.
nice, the white kit looks very beautiful,although a bit difficult to maintain but its worth,also add white wall inserts or tyres ,to give an additional touch,what colour are you doing to the scooter,here is the pic of my vespa
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-1.jpg  

Old 25th June 2011, 18:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

Your scooter looks very neat and I liked the color, I guess you have done the seats as in your WV's. I liked the period registration and number plate. I have my scooter completed but few things like touch ups, polishing, monogram fixing is due.
Old 1st December 2011, 18:43   #179
BHPian

Hi all,
Found this speedometer for sale in a spare part shop. Some one please throw some light on which model of Vespa this fits it. PM me if someone needs this.
Regards,
Ilango
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-26112011053.jpg  

Old 1st December 2011, 19:02   #180
Senior - BHPian

Its from a much newer model. IIRC the LML Vespa 150NV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks