Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 12:42   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Got hold of Vespa 150 in native running condition 1969 model for 3.5K with all papers, white paint which i may change it to dual color tone scheme.
Need advice how much these scooters are worth?As this is going to be my first scooter restoration job.
Eyeing few Lambrettas and Bobby's as well along with BSA bond.
Great Ajay,

That's a good deal, now did you find that in Bangy or at your home town .
Old 1st September 2010, 13:24   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got hold of Vespa 150 in native running condition 1969 model for 3.5K with all papers, white paint which i may change it to dual color tone scheme.
Need advice how much these scooters are worth?As this is going to be my first scooter restoration job.
Congratulation Ajay on acquiring the Wasp.You got a nice deal too.
These days the Vespa prices have shot up and especially the spare parts and accessories.
Good luck with your restoration and do post some pics of the Wasp.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:08   #123
BANNED

Home town man, here in Bangalore they wont allow to sniff the scooter.
I'll put all the details after getting her over Bangalore. Hope it wont become addiction like RD.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:18   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope it wont become addiction like RD.
I doubt it.Vespas are very addictive.I started with one restoration and ended up restoring 4 of them.
Old 2nd September 2010, 00:21   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would call it the BEST BUY, commercial value of these scooters are higher than what you have brought it for, Yes as Ram says scooter market has picked up since 3-4 yrs initally when I restored my 1965 Vespa people laughed at me saying "what is he doing wasting money on a scooter" trust me the same scooter was offered 25k by one American.

Do post some pictures of you buy. Scooter restoration now-a-days has become little expensive if you are looking for a original (look alike) accessories like white rubber parts, bumpers, mirrors etc. Dual tone might not be a original idea as vespa have not come in dual tone except lambrettas, but its a good idea to give a retro look, let me know for any help, I would love to do it for my fav automobile which I enjoy even today. Once again congratulations and ALL THE VERY BEST OF GOOD LUCK.
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Home town man, here in Bangalore they wont allow to sniff the scooter.
I'll put all the details after getting her over Bangalore. Hope it wont become addiction like RD.
Lucky you, I too visited a month ago, but was not so lucky. Need your help in getting a scoot for me.
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:06   #127
BANNED

Thanks once again for supporting my decission of getting into scooters.
Manish sure man i'll let you know if i get any scooters over there, now all the old owners over there also realize the value of their Lambie's, Lambretta's, Vijay's, Vespa's etc and not willing to sell.
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:24   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks once again for supporting my decission of getting into scooters.
Manish sure man i'll let you know if i get any scooters over there, now all the old owners over there also realize the value of their Lambie's, Lambretta's, Vijay's, Vespa's etc and not willing to sell.
True,

Eactly 10 years ago there was so much on offer. Now most is scrapped and the left is not for sale or at sale for higher prices.
Old 3rd September 2010, 00:49   #129
BHPian

I have a mid 80s PL 170 with original Ducati engine in good running condition. Just lying idle at Hyderabad, my hometown, at my mom's place. I use it whenever I visit the place but feel I'm wasting a thing which can be someone else's passion.

Interest check. Anyone wants it? Of course for a price.
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:44   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
I have a mid 80s PL 170 with original Ducati engine in good running condition. Just lying idle at Hyderabad, my hometown, at my mom's place. I use it whenever I visit the place but feel I'm wasting a thing which can be someone else's passion.

Interest check. Anyone wants it? Of course for a price.
Thank you captrajesh, for taking time of your busy schedule and talking to me. As said on the phone I am waiting eagerly to lay my eyes on the scooter this Sunday.
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:11   #131
BHPian

Something that I managed to find recently. Will go onto my 62 vespa when I restore it.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00180.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00179.jpg  

Last edited by TuffRyder : 3rd September 2010 at 17:13.
Old 4th September 2010, 13:34   #132
BHPian

@ TuffRyder: If you are ok with importing the faceplate maybe the following link would be useful?

The Speedo King :: Vespa and Lambretta Speedometers
Old 5th September 2010, 21:20   #133
Senior - BHPian

Vespa on the 11th Floor

Hell All,

Recently I was in Pune. Was looking at a few apartments and one of the aprtments I visited was Mountverte (I think) Society near the Kirkee Station (next to Gagan Garima SocietY).

The agent took us up to the 11th floor of one of the towers there (the first building from the gate) to show us a 2 BHK aprtment there. The minute the lift opened, much to the chargin of my better half my attention was totally off from the aprtment

Right infront of the lift door parked in the 11th Floor was a Vespa undoubtedly in prestine condition.

What was visible under the covers was a red colour body at least what was visible of it - frnt mudguard bottom edge and the rear bottom edges of the side pannels.

The striking bit was the beuty of the white wall tyres. I couldn't get a picture as I did not have a camera with me and the building watchmen who were there with us was so protective about it that he did not allow me to lift the shroud a little and have a look at it or the number plate atleast

Is the owner here in TBHP by any chance or are there any pictures of it in the forum

You vespa enthus from Pune please track it down if you can (if the bike is not there in the forum already)

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 7th September 2010, 11:41   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
I am waiting eagerly to lay my eyes on the scooter this Sunday.
I'm sure you were happy with not only lay the eyes but even the hands on the scooter.

The scooter has since been sold to Suren. Thank you for looking.
Old 7th September 2010, 23:52   #135
Senior - BHPian

Suren anna congratulations for the new buy, so when can we all have a glimpse of it. can't wait to see her suren anna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks