Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2020, 15:31   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan

Note sure if this has been shared before

Source

Copyright : Bonhams/respective owner

Quote:
On the occasion of a visit of His Excellency Field-Marshal Sir Phillip Chetwode, Commander-in-Chief in India.

Presentation and Trooping of the Colours 1st Bahawalpur Infantry (Sadiq Battalion) on the 15th January, 1935,
Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-bahawalpur-bonhams.jpg
KartikeyaL is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 23:30   #122
BHPian

Thanks. This is a prized picture framed in my garage as it shows both cars I have in my garage. How likely is that.
RR 45WR in front with the Cadillac V-16 702298 Vanden Plas following.
FM Chetwood being received by the heir apparent to Nawab Sadiq Abbasi V, Sahibzada Abbas Khan Abbasi.
shyml is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:51   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyml View Post
Thanks. This is a prized picture framed in my garage as it shows both cars I have in my garage. How likely is that.
Wow ! If possible please share a higher resolution picture, it would be wonderful if you could recreate this scene with your two cars
KartikeyaL is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 15:52   #124
BHPian

I think that's a good idea. I have the cars and adequate staff but will need the uniforms. Perhaps just the cars in same position without anyone around (Luncheon having been served and everyone rushed for food abandoning all security and assets). FM Chetwood's uniform would be difficult unless I can find a steampunk aficionado.
Amer Ahmad
shyml is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 11:03   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps just the cars in same position without anyone around (Luncheon having been served and everyone rushed for food abandoning all security and assets)
Yes, perhaps just the cars !
Old 25th March 2020, 04:00   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Another small tribute to Sahibzada, it is coming up on four years. My gratitude also for Amer, who provided so many 'detail' photographs. His perseverance at restoring this magnificent machine to its original grandeur is much appreciated.

The base again is the 1/25 JO-HAN kit, though only the bonnet, radiator, bumpers, tyres and wheels were used. I have chosen to keep the livery that the car has had for most of her life.

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cad-frt.jpg
Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cad-frt2.jpg
Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cad-frt3.jpg

Yes, that is indeed Lt. Abdur Rehman who served H.H. for 30 years.

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cad-side.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cad-rear.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cad-top.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cad-merc.jpg
One for the workday and one for the holiday

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cad-orchha.jpg
Cadillac "V-32"

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cad-orchha-top.jpg
These brothers cannot be fraternal twins

Last edited by travancore : 25th March 2020 at 04:01.
travancore is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 09:26   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
The base again is the 1/25 JO-HAN kit, though only the bonnet, radiator, bumpers, tyres and wheels were used. I have chosen to keep the livery that the car has had for most of her life.
This is truly remarkable, what a piece of art, if I may ask how much time did it take ?, and am sure you must have documented the whole process, would be great if you could share, Sir.
KartikeyaL is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 19:08   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL View Post
This is truly remarkable, what a piece of art, if I may ask how much time did it take ?, and am sure you must have documented the whole process, would be great if you could share, Sir.
Thanks Kartik. Been working on it off and on for over a year. Really did not keep track of time spent or document progress :(
Will do next time.
travancore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 16:29   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Thanks Kartik. Been working on it off and on for over a year. Really did not keep track of time spent or document progress :(
Will do next time.
Superlative effort and results commensurate with your talent. You have picked all the detail and special features especially the tete de paon. I knew we had acquired a very special V16 but did not realize how unique until tranvencore and Chris Cummings educated me. I would not have realized that the car had a Lalique mascot on a lit Brevis galleries base until travencore pointed it out from a photograph. That also solved the mystery of the dash switch which was to light the mascot. Thank you for modelling my car and my friends car ( sh Mukhtar Pininfarina V16) to whom I have sent the pics. Will make his day.
shyml is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 01:42   #130

I sincerely hope all of you are doing well, during these difficult times. Being a long time reader of the Team BHP vintage car forums, the lockdown has made me come out of the woodwork after a long period of inactivity. Its a pleasure to go through most of the threads on the vintage car forum here, but this particular thread is something that I hold very dear to me, which is Pre independence Automotive scene.

Nawab sahibs Motorkhana was indeed an automotive treasure for Pakistan, and it is great to know that some of Nawab Sahibs Automobiles are still around and with owners who are more than deserving of owning such beautiful cars and keeping them on the road.

Regards,
Sardar Sameed Hasan Nakai aka Samhassnn
samhassnn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 13:50   #131

Perhaps one of the most obscure, Automobiles of the Nawab Sahibs motorkhana is the Hooper bodied Prespex roofed Daimler DK. A fine example of postwar custom bodied automobiles, the Daimler is believed to have been purchased for use, in England. A pre delivery photograph from 1957 of it was shared on the website of (Society of Automotive Historians).

In the 2 screen grabs, the car can be seen, ferrying Liu xiao chi on his visit of Pakistan in 1966. flanked by Harley Davidson sportsters, and sporting the 5 star registration plates,As it was in use with Ayub Khan, instead of the BWP 378, one can faintly make out the Pelican hood ornament though there isn't a lot of archival footage or photographs of this particular car, However it seems to have spent some time in Rawalpindi.

If the car wasn't illusive enough already, it is believed to be somewhere in Sindh and to my knowledge, no recent photographs of it have surfaced.

Name:  Screen Shot 20200430 at 1.14.41 pm.png
Views: 1069
Size:  252.5 KB

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-screen-shot-20200430-1.16.02-pm.png

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-screen-shot-20200430-1.16.15-pm.png
samhassnn is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:00   #132
BHPian

Just a small observation from my side. Appearing at position number 29 is a Jaguar Mk10. This car did not belong to HH. It was the property of my Uncle, the Crown Prince Abbas Abbasi. The vehicle at position number 60 is the Triumph GT 6, it belonged to my late cousin Prince Falahuddin Abbasi. So both these cars should, technically, not be in this list.
msabbasi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 10:06   #133
BHPian

Listed at S. no. 57 is a 14hp Wolseley BWP 775. Recently some pictures were sent my way of this car in very sad state. Pictures cutesy of Mr. Romano Yousef.
Attached Thumbnails
Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-img20201025wa0014.jpg  

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-img20201025wa0016.jpg  

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-img20201025wa0017.jpg  

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-img20201025wa0018.jpg  

msabbasi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 15:01   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msabbasi View Post
Listed at S. no. 57 is a 14hp Wolseley BWP 775. Recently some pictures were sent my way of this car in very sad state. Pictures cutesy of Mr. Romano Yousef.
Hopefully it can be rescued, if all parts there.
Old 25th October 2020, 21:54   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boybentley View Post
Your nr.26 is not a MK VI but a S1, it was registered BWP 733.
Impressive list!
Quote:
Yes correct. My cut and paste faux pas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhassnn View Post
Perhaps one of the most obscure, Automobiles of the Nawab Sahibs motorkhana is the Hooper bodied Prespex roofed Daimler DK. A fine example of postwar custom bodied automobiles, the Daimler is believed to have been purchased for use, in England. A pre delivery photograph from 1957 of it was shared on the website of (Society of Automotive Historians).

In the 2 screen grabs, the car can be seen, ferrying Liu xiao chi on his visit of Pakistan in 1966. flanked by Harley Davidson sportsters, and sporting the 5 star registration plates,As it was in use with Ayub Khan, instead of the BWP 378, one can faintly make out the Pelican hood ornament though there isn't a lot of archival footage or photographs of this particular car, However it seems to have spent some time in Rawalpindi.

If the car wasn't illusive enough already, it is believed to be somewhere in Sindh and to my knowledge, no recent photographs of it have surfaced.
Thanks to Syed Saqlain Bukhari and team we finally get to see pictures of this car. The car is in Karachi.

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-20201025_214058.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-20201025_214116.jpg

Last edited by KartikeyaL : 25th October 2020 at 22:01.
KartikeyaL is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks