Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 14:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
He also has a Caddy limo bought from a royal family. I was in the royal house when the car was to be delivered to the lawyer
is it the black one which yr is the limo. i know of two limo's but i dont know if they are for sale. one in bom which i have been chaseing for the past two years now and one in pune.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
iraghave the merc is sold to a lawyer cum collector. you have to see his garage though it is mind blowing. the 680 was not featured in any tv show but an old show did feature the minerva after it was sold.
Abhishek - I know DT well, have met him a couple of times & he uses the same garage for restoring his cars as I do! Infact if you go through this thread carefully:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...red-india.html

You'll find quite a few cars of his featured there including his '59 Caddy, Sunbeam Alpine, '63 Pontiac Tempest LeMans, '38 Dodge Limo etc. His Rolls is also currently standing there as she's awaiting some engine work which is usually done by the lawyer's own mechanics.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Abhishek - I know DT well, have met him a couple of times & he uses the same garage for restoring his cars as I do! Infact if you go through this thread carefully:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...red-india.html

You'll find quite a few cars of his featured there including his '59 Caddy, Sunbeam Alpine, '63 Pontiac Tempest LeMans, '38 Dodge Limo etc. His Rolls is also currently standing there as she's awaiting some engine work which is usually done by the lawyer's own mechanics.
cannot say i know DT very well met him once but been to his garage twice. seen all his cars. i have a 52 caddy the one in sam's thread pimp my ride so the 52 2 door is my faverite. its like a pair one with me other with DT. . there used to be two austins also with him.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:15   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
one in bom which i have been chaseing for the past two years now and one in pune.
A stretch caddy in Pune? Do tell. Unless you are talking about a modern 90s white car.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A stretch caddy in Pune? Do tell. Unless you are talking about a modern 90s white car.
this is a 60's model in someones house. not familiar with pune roads so cant be of much help. its next to blue diamond hotel
Old 10th August 2007, 17:24   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
this is a 60's model in someones house. not familiar with pune roads so cant be of much help. its next to blue diamond hotel
Now you're scaring me...thats where I live! Go on, give me as many details as you deem fit. Please!
Old 10th August 2007, 17:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now you're scaring me...thats where I live! Go on, give me as many details as you deem fit. Please!
karlos like i said am not from pune so i cant give you road directions. koregaon park is the area if i remember right. that where the osho is right? there were these series of lefts and rights and then we came upon this bunglow where the car is tucked away in the garage. decent condition in grey and black. thats all that i know of.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:35   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Sigh...the bungalows of Koregaon Park never fail to amaze, with the cars that surface from there. Besides the Porsche and Ferrari pair that was sold recently, even Vijay Mallya got his Bugatti from one of those bungalows. Besides these, 4 big time collectors house their dozens of cars here, amongst there dozens of bungalows!
Old 10th August 2007, 18:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sigh...the bungalows of Koregaon Park never fail to amaze, with the cars that surface from there. Besides the Porsche and Ferrari pair that was sold recently, even Vijay Mallya got his Bugatti from one of those bungalows. Besides these, 4 big time collectors house their dozens of cars here, amongst there dozens of bungalows!
the architecture of some of the bunglows there leave me speechless. i know two collectors there am not sure if the third also lives there. the porsche and the ferrari are in bom with someone i know in the textile industry. you would have to scan each house there to know of the cars in them
Old 26th August 2007, 09:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
i know the owner of the 680k and his minerva is sold for about 85lacs. i had seen the classic bmw m1 parked in a bunglow ages ago before i could approach the owner the car had dissapeared from there. this is in the early 90's. dont have any info on the car since

If my memory serves me right both the Minerva & the Mercedes were Lucknow cars from Rajas of Mahmudabad & Bhinga respectively. Nobody dare ask the Rajas about the price they received for the cars.

There is a local rumour that a Isotta removed from Lucknow by the biggest of all collectors on some weird trade off in times past is being asked back .
Old 26th August 2007, 13:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
If my memory serves me right both the Minerva & the Mercedes were Lucknow cars from Rajas of Mahmudabad & Bhinga respectively. Nobody dare ask the Rajas about the price they received for the cars.

There is a local rumour that a Isotta removed from Lucknow by the biggest of all collectors on some weird trade off in times past is being asked back .
yes vintageman both cars did belong to maharaja's mahmudabad and bhinga respectively. the prices that were paid for both cars was not as high as the prices that were paid when the cars were resold. both cars were bought by the same person.
the issotta was bought and there were no trade offs done for it. as far as my knowledge goes the car is not being asked back.
Old 26th August 2007, 19:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karl, I think they are refering to the '55/56 Caddy in the Bungalow of the Morvi's. they also had a Convertible Desoto again a '55 with electric roof.
they wont sell the Caddy, had a talk with the family!
Old 26th August 2007, 19:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Karl, the Caddy's '57 or '58.
Old 26th August 2007, 20:09   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Karl, I think they are refering to the '55/56 Caddy in the Bungalow of the Morvi's. they also had a Convertible Desoto again a '55 with electric roof.

Hmm, I know the Bungalow. Wish I could sneak in a peak sometime.
Old 26th August 2007, 20:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
the morvi's caddy is not a limo it is a four door 56 model. have seen the car as my friend belongs to the family. the desoto was sold the caddy is still there and my friend does not want to sell it he has his nana's memories with the car. this is i limo i am talking about.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks