Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 18:27   #2146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Please see my post below from a few pages ago. The cheaper full face ones are Vega. There should be no reason for anyone to buy needlessly expensive helmets from RE. If the "RE brand" is a big deal, just get a sticker for Rs 50 and be done with it
Oh sure, this is from Vega. From what I felt it appeared to be the best Vega I have seen till date.

It's an option no harm in checking out.

Tell me what's with the " DOT" labels on many of the RE helmets? Any idea?
Old 16th August 2016, 10:08   #2147
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
I am using Kranos since last few months and really happy about it. Though it comes with double D rings, it does have a quick strap button option too by default. Reposting the picture I shared earlier in this thread, that RED button does the quick strap trick. I use it for a quick ride while D rings are used for faster rides. Hope this helps
I could be completely wrong on this but isnt that red button meant to be used after the D rings are locked in thus ensuring that the long end doesnt keep flapping away. To my knowledge, the helmet is supposed to be secured using D rings at all times.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 12:37   #2148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Oh sure, this is from Vega. From what I felt it appeared to be the best Vega I have seen till date.

It's an option no harm in checking out.

Tell me what's with the " DOT" labels on many of the RE helmets? Any idea?
It's the vega axor. Again, much cheaper to buy in the open market

DOT = department of transport. It's a US safety standard
Old 16th August 2016, 14:14   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I could be completely wrong on this but isnt that red button meant to be used after the D rings are locked in thus ensuring that the long end doesnt keep flapping away. To my knowledge, the helmet is supposed to be secured using D rings at all times.
You are absolutely right, D rings are the ones to be used from safety perspective.

That button mechanism is just for quick use, may be a low risky scenario. In Kranos, D rings and button cannot be used simultaneously due to the strapping direction.
Old 26th August 2016, 06:49   #2150
BHPian

Guys need info. I have purchased an HJC HJ17 Pinlock visor. Will it fit a HJC CL-17 helmet? I am aware that HJC CL-17 Helmets fit HJ 09 Pinlock visor, but by oversight I ordered the HJ 17 Visor and took delivery of it through Amazon and opened the package.

If it does not fit, then I need to return it and if I cannot return it as the package is opened then I perhaps may have to sell it.

I purchased it on Amazon and recd the package at my brother's home in US and likely to receive the same in India by next month or October when a relative comes over to India.

Last edited by ashkamath : 26th August 2016 at 06:57. Reason: Added more info
Old 26th August 2016, 06:52   #2151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Guys need info. I have purchased an HJC HJ17 Pinlock visor. Will it fit a HJC CL-17 helmet?
No it doesn't fit the CL-17 helmet. This RevZilla links expressly mentions that.
Quote:
Fits HJC CL-Max 2, IS-Max, IS-Max 2, IS-Max BT, and SyMax 3 helmets.

Note: HJ-09 Pinlock Anti-Fog Lens sold separately, image for color reference only, actual face shield may look different. Does not fit HJC CL-17 Helmets.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/h...dy-face-shield

I believe you're looking for the HJ-09 visor.

Last edited by Shanenanigans : 26th August 2016 at 06:53.
Shanenanigans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 07:28   #2152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post

That button mechanism is just for quick use, may be a low risky scenario.
There is no such thing as "low risk" scenario for helmet usage.

Either your helmet is securely fastened to your head or it's not. A poorly fastened helmet could do more damage than none at all in certain scenarios.

That red button is for securing the loose end of your chin strap AFTER you loop it through the rings. If you feel you cannot use the button and the loop, please check if you are using the lock properly. Under both and over one.

Cheers

Ride Safe
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 08:13   #2153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
No it doesn't fit the CL-17 helmet. This RevZilla links expressly mentions that.
Thanks. I guess you are right. I cannot fit it to a HJC CL-17 helmet. Leaves me with no option but to sell it. Got it much lesser than Indian shop price. Tough luck .

Thanks anyway for helping me out.
Old 29th August 2016, 09:50   #2154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
There is no such thing as "low risk" scenario for helmet usage.

That red button is for securing the loose end of your chin strap AFTER you loop it through the rings. If you feel you cannot use the button and the loop, please check if you are using the lock properly. Under both and over one.
Incidents cannot be predicted based on distance of travel.

I have two KRANOS (my Imola Flag & wife's Viper) but both does not not allow to use D Rings fasteners and the easy button simultaneously. May be because the straps doesn't have extra length to roll back and lock on the button. Shall check with my SPG dealer when I visit them this weekend for picking my tank bag.
Old 30th August 2016, 10:04   #2155
BHPian

Anyone has used Laser Bayamo helmet? Would like to know the performance of the same.
Old 7th September 2016, 08:05   #2156
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone using the Arai sun visor? It looks neat, but some reviews says it's tricky to use.
Old 11th September 2016, 01:23   #2157
BHPian

In my experience as far as majority of the motorcyclists in India are concerned treat a motorcycle helmet like a reversed flower pot which essentially comes to use at a traffic light to keep the cop at bay. Came across the most useful link on motorcycle helmet fitment guide which I thought I must share on this forum for the benefit of our fellow riders -

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread...e-helmet-guide

Worth a read for sure
Old 12th September 2016, 17:20   #2158
BHPian

Hi. Can anyone help me with a user feedback or review on the Airoh ST710 helmet? It's a carbon fibre shell with some good graphics and even has a black hi-viz version available. Motoin.de retail price (post discount and VATbenefit) seems attractive to ship it to India as well. Look forward to feedback from fellow riders
Attached Images

Old 12th September 2016, 17:30   #2159
BHPian

Can anybody recommend a good place to check and buy helmets in Noida?
Old 15th September 2016, 20:33   #2160
BHPian

So, I have a SOL SF-II helmet bought in 2013 from Biking Spirit (earlier on Church St. Bangalore). The outer visor was getting blurry to use at night with multiple scratches.

So I called up Biking Spirit for a replacement visor. Turns out they don't stock SOL anymore due to distributor issues (read fakes). That's what the lady on the phone told me. They were helpful enough to point me to Let's Gear Up to find replacement visors.

Went there last weekend and picked up a clear visor for ~Rs.800.

Now, the new visor appears not as optically perfect as the old one was when new. Or could be just my perception. But I intend to get to the bottom of this and report back here since:
1.) it is an expensive spare part
2.) it will be helpful for someone, I hope
Sangre is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks