Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2016, 16:13   #2131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Is there any place/online store within India to get Schuberth C3 Pro/E1?

-Pramod

Try bike gear.in, I got my Shoei from this site. Their prices seem quite reasonable.
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 18:47   #2132
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Am I missing something? I dont see CL-16 for 6K? I see CS-14 for 6K which is a very basic helmet and I would prefer a MT Blade any day over it
My bad, I misread that. The CL-16s were available at 6k earlier. I guess now it's just the CL-17 at 9k.
Old 3rd August 2016, 21:55   #2133
Senior - BHPian

Although this question has been asked many times without any real answers, thought I'll give it a shot

I would like to purchase a full face helmet for my 4 year old daughter. Any insights as to where I can buy one?
Old 4th August 2016, 11:11   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
Try bike gear.in, I got my Shoei from this site. Their prices seem quite reasonable.
How would you rate your experience with them? my AGV is old and has become uncomfortable am seriously looking at E1/C3 Pro, the least price quoted for E1/C3 Pro is Rs54K

-Pramod
Old 4th August 2016, 15:30   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
How would you rate your experience with them? my AGV is old and has become uncomfortable am seriously looking at E1/C3 Pro, the least price quoted for E1/C3 Pro is Rs54K

-Pramod

My experience was good with this site. They are quite responsive to queries on whatsapp. I got a Shoei Neotec and a pair of dainese knee guards from them. The Shoei was delivered in a fortnight and the knee guards in a couple of days. Since you are in the market for a modular, why not try a Shoei Neotec, I find it very comfortable and light and it is around 42k, a lot cheaper than the C3 pro.
Old 9th August 2016, 21:24   #2136
CGB
BHPian

Review of vāterra helmet bag

Just today purchased the helmet bag.

Pros:
1) well built and fits almost all helmets.
2) separate pouch inside for carrying assorted things.
3) water repellant.
4) had padding in the bottom and soft layer near the visor.
5) can be carried like a sling bag and comes with durable handle.
6) can be mounted with velox
7) comes with 1 year warranty.

Cons:
1) not waterproof. No rain cover either.
2) handle width is small to carry.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-image.jpeg  

Last edited by CGB : 9th August 2016 at 21:26.
CGB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 23:50   #2137
vcx
BHPian

Any experiences of Shoei RF1200 here ?

Understand it's a helmet made for both touring and sporty stance riding.
Old 11th August 2016, 09:14   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Any experiences of Shoei RF1200 here ?

Understand it's a helmet made for both touring and sporty stance riding.
Although I don't have a first hand experience with the RF1200 (I use an X-12), this website does some pretty accurate reviews. See if this helps, if you haven't seen it already.

Last edited by dreamseller : 11th August 2016 at 09:15.
Old 11th August 2016, 09:49   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Hi all I am in the market for another helmet, It needs to be used on for daily commute to the gym, needs to be full face with quick release strap. Budget is 3K.

Pramod
Old 11th August 2016, 12:24   #2140
BHPian

Hi guys, I purchased MT Blade Raceline Series couple of weeks back. Since I am in Chennai I bought it from Spartan Progear company showroom at Uthandi, ECR.
Thanks to Neil.jericho for guidance since he told me to avoid LS2 due to fakes circulating in market.
My size is medium and it's a snug fit. No discomfort whatsoever. Only problem is the ridicule I face at office for this costly purchase. I can only sympathize with them.
FYI my daily ride is a humble Wego. Planning to upgrade to SR150 next month.
Old 11th August 2016, 16:09   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Hi all I am in the market for another helmet, It needs to be used on for daily commute to the gym, needs to be full face with quick release strap. Budget is 3K.

Pramod
I'm not a fan of anything but double D rings (yes, even for a 500m ride) but looks like Kranos helmets have the option of micrometric buckles. At least that's what the Spartan Progear site says. It looks to be in your range price-wise, and as far as I've seen they're of decent quality. Although, I don't have a first hand experience of using them so please take my advice with a pinch of salt.
Old 11th August 2016, 17:06   #2142
BHPian

Quote:

Pramod
Do check out RE helmets at nearby RE showroom. They have this model which is very decent. Light weight and DOT certified too. One of my friends using it. I found the lining soft and comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-1470915354245.jpg  

mrohit17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:44   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
I'm not a fan of anything but double D rings (yes, even for a 500m ride) but looks like Kranos helmets have the option of micrometric buckles. At least that's what the Spartan Progear site says. It looks to be in your range price-wise, and as far as I've seen they're of decent quality. Although, I don't have a first hand experience of using them so please take my advice with a pinch of salt.
I was considering the Kranos range since the other helmet I own is an MT, since its a GYM commute, I get very sweaty after the gym and though a full face helmet would be quite uncomfortable I still need it, the only challenge is the double d ring, that is something I cannot stand, especially after the gym. I am thinking of getting another studs Ninja, I had one previously and is dismantled for painting, its still in the dismantled state as its a WIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Do check out RE helmets at nearby RE showroom. They have this model which is very decent. Light weight and DOT certified too. One of my friends using it. I found the lining soft and comfortable.
There are some great AGV helmets by RE, but I am not a fan or RE badge, that stopped me form buying their riding gear, which was otherwise very reasonably priced.

Pramod
Old 12th August 2016, 13:51   #2144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was considering the Kranos range since the other helmet I own is an MT, since its a GYM commute, I get very sweaty after the gym and though a full face helmet would be quite uncomfortable I still need it, the only challenge is the double d ring, that is something I cannot stand, especially after the gym.
Pramod
I am using Kranos since last few months and really happy about it. Though it comes with double D rings, it does have a quick strap button option too by default. Reposting the picture I shared earlier in this thread, that RED button does the quick strap trick. I use it for a quick ride while D rings are used for faster rides. Hope this helps

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-wp_20160211_21_17_29_pro.jpg

Also I would suggest to check out SteelBird Air series, they are very light (1000-1100g) with good build quality for the price. Its ISI certified, not DOT certified but your use case is very specific.

Last edited by jacs : 12th August 2016 at 13:57.
Old 12th August 2016, 18:02   #2145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Do check out RE helmets at nearby RE showroom......
Quote:
There are some great AGV helmets by RE, but I am not a fan or RE badge, that stopped me form buying their riding gear, which was otherwise very reasonably priced
Please see my post below from a few pages ago. The cheaper full face ones are Vega. There should be no reason for anyone to buy needlessly expensive helmets from RE. If the "RE brand" is a big deal, just get a sticker for Rs 50 and be done with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Cross posting from another thread for the benefit of anyone interested:

REs 7k odd range of full face helmets (Street Nimbus) is actually a "Shiro helmet" with RE badging. Instead of spending 7k, you can buy these for around 4k here - http://www.stepinadventure.com/produ...-10631926.aspx

I am not associated with either seller in any way. Just passing along info to the members here

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks