Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 00:32   #106
BHPian

Re: Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover

Neil, he referred to you in his video and did ask how were you informed? Rather than that, I’m more interested to learn in who informed him about this and who asked him to buy a liter class bike which didn’t have ABS! it must be one of his followers who have made him a god figure on his Kannada channel, DV in Kannada, which he started back in Jan 2021 after the accident. The ploy worked of using the Kannada language as an emotional tool to boost up followers worked and he has close to 400k subscribers now. Even I’m a hemmeya kannadiga, doubte illa! But doing speeds in excess of 150kmph+ for followers? Nope! I don’t support such crappers. On top of it, he says I don’t need a mirror and such nonsense etc. He supports Riding gear usage though. But it never compensates for what’s ahead, how much ever experienced he may be.
100Kmphormore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 08:03   #107
BHPian

I missed this thread, so rather late to the party.

Vloggers like these are still dime a dozen in India, and especially in the North. Even after several high profile crashes and deaths, one Delhi vlogger still uses the Yamuna expressway as his personal race track. I believe he makes enough from his YT revenue to afford a track day, but he won't.

These speed demons have made life so miserable for us Delhi bikers, that on Sunday weekends, we cannot use the expressway to ride our bikes.

The vloggers are to blame, but equally to blame are the subscribers who love such 'speed" videos and keep asking for more.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 08:22   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Vloggers like these are still dime a dozen in India, and especially in the North
You can roam around in Bangalore after 11 pm and see what happens in South. I enter Bangalore many times at night and this is a normal site for me near the airport road.

Even in Hyderabad, there are some specific roads which these bikers target.

Police action reduced these jay rides a bit, but they are no deterrent in the long run.

I remember someone was shot and killed in NCR and his parents were saying that he was riding pillion and was innocent. As per police, the rider-driver attempted a wheelie when they tried to shoot the tyre. There is no dearth of logic from the police
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 19:22   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
It's always these who end up putting out their speed thrills that end up stereotyping all bikers. Put on your riding gear and your viewed as a "boy racer" by everyone on the road. Including the cops.
Totally agree! I myself had to go through situations before, even when out for a casual breakfast ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks