Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2020, 17:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover

Quote:
A motorcycle rider was arrested by the Bengaluru Police for dangerous riding and over-speeding on the Electronic city flyover. The Yamaha R1 owner uploaded a video of him maxing out his motorcycle at 299kmph on the flyover on Instagram. The CCB later traced the rider and seized the motorcycle, reports stated.

In the past, the Bangalore Police have reported having seized motorcycles with aftermarket exhaust and have destroyed the exhaust worth lakhs. The police are yet to officially disclose the charges that they are planning to put on the owner of the bikes.
Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover-annotation-20200722-124025.png

Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover-annotation-20200722-124034.png

News 1

News 2

I was like on reading this piece of news. 300 km/h on Indian Roads? His licence deserves to be cancelled with immediate effect. Seriously we have no dearth of idiots driving/riding on Indian roads. I can't imagine what the other road users must have experienced when this chap overtook other vehicles at high speeds.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd July 2020 at 12:41. Reason: Adding screenshots :)
AkMar is offline   (80) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
300 km/h on Indian Roads?
On a flyover within Bangalore city limits, connecting Silk board to Electronic city - based on the helmet-cam video which went viral in biking groups yesterday.

Incidents like these cause a real bad name for superbikes and net result is that the normal bikers who take their bikes out on weekends have to pay for the prejudice (sometimes just wearing the riding gear can create this impression of racing).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (78) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:12   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

He '@bluebeast46' tried to get a thrill of his life, becoming a speed demon with his Yamaha R1 on the Electronic City flyover and landed on the wrong side of the law. The rider appears to be seasoned, one can conclude. After seeing the video (link below) it is evident that '@bluebeast46' might have undertaken such "thrilling" rides quite a few times. And the lockdown had come as a blessing for him to indulge in such pranks.

https://scroll.in/video/968133/socia...rider-arrested

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 21st July 2020 at 18:13.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:22   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Had the rider stayed low and kept the video focused on the speedo at all times, it would have been impossible to identify the location. How would the law proceed in that case? There would be no clear jurisdiction.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:31   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Had the rider stayed low and kept the video focused on the speedo at all times, it would have been impossible to identify the location. How would the law proceed in that case? There would be no clear jurisdiction.
As long as he is identified using social media handles (which is not difficult) I think it would have been up to him to prove that he was not doing this on a track on the date of the recording. I am sure they could have impounded his recording equipment to get time stamps etc.

If they want to go after him it wouldn't be rocket science.

I think the bigger issue anyway is of the utmost recklessness of what he has done. There is fast driving and then there is literally just reckless endangering of other people's lives too. This is by far in the latter category. Hope he suffers the strictest consequences.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st July 2020 at 18:34.
Axe77 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:46   #6
BHPian

The moment I read this heading, I thought it was similar to that one incident in Italy where a lady got a speeding ticket for doing 730kmph in a Ford Focus. Surely no one would be stupid enough to ride at 300 kmph in city limits. That too on the electronic city flyover. It is not safe for triple digit speeds at all because it is a narrow piece of road. That reduces the margin of error at even 100 kmph drastically, let alone 300.
In the video the idiot crossed another biker when he was doing 294kmph at very close range. Imagine the risk to the poor guy going about his day.

Another thing I couldn't help but notice, the road had signs of recent rains... How on earth do you even think if ripping through at such speeds after it has rained.

I don't think cancelling his license is enough, he should be jailed for this.
GrandTourer is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 19:09   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover

This guy really wants to write his own death warrant . I wouldn't have the guts to do 300 km/h on a flyover in a car, leave aside a motorcycle.

Actually quite foolish. If he really wanted to get an adrenaline rush, go do 300 kmph with a superbike on a race track, whether in India or abroad. Lots more fun, much less risk and no jail time.
GTO is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 19:15   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Incidents like these cause a real bad name for superbikes and net result is that the normal bikers who take their bikes out on weekends have to pay for the prejudice (sometimes just wearing the riding gear can create this impression of racing).
+100000000 . It's always these who end up putting out their speed thrills that end up stereotyping all bikers. Put on your riding gear and your viewed as a "boy racer" by everyone on the road. Including the cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This guy really wants to write his own death warrant . I wouldn't have the guts to do 300 km/h on a flyover in a car, leave aside a motorcycle.
You'll be surprised to see a ton of so called India based vloggers who've made this a norm. Glad that it is being dealt with sternly. Hope some cops in Delhi catch on this and clamp down.
moralfibre is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 19:17   #9
BHPian

Anyone Just need to type certain Keywords like "ZX10R Top Speed India", "Hayabusa Top Speed", "ZX10R 299+ India" in youtube to find such clips where riders not only record overs-speeding, but include it as a part of their vlogs to gain subscribers or views. While I understand that twisting the throttle on open roads might be fun once in a while, but trying to maxout the bikes capability and making it a habit on public roads is completely dangerous and illegal. Regardless of how many warnings appear in the begining/during such videos, general public doing such stunts will encourage other bikers to try it. One might understand when such stunts done in movies- its done by professionals and in controlled envirnment, but if anyone with a big bike does it and not face consequences, thats a problem which needs to be adressed. Hopefully such Youtubers will start deleting their videos after reading this news.

Last edited by SDP : 21st July 2020 at 20:11. Reason: Typo
Vyas is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 20:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Internet is filled with such videos to fish for attention! Their so called "fans" can be seen praising them and calling them racers, this inflates their ego and makes them take more risk to get more attention. The cycle goes on till someone gets into trouble.
giri1.8 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 20:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
His licence deserves to be cancelled with immediate effect.-- I can't imagine what the other road users must have experienced when this chap overtook other vehicles at high speeds.
Absolutely right about the cancellation of licence! In fact if it was up to me, I would add some serious jail time and impounding of the vehicle too. There are umpteen number of variables on the Indian roads! In fact, I have seen many dogs running after speeding two wheelers! At 300kmph, god forbid, if any animal jumps on to the middle of the road, I doubt the chances of survival of the rider!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
You'll be surprised to see a ton of so called India based vloggers who've made this a norm.
The amount of punishable driving being published on social media is shocking!
Researcher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 20:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
The moment I read this heading, I thought it was similar to that one incident in Italy where a lady got a speeding ticket for doing 730kmph in a Ford Focus.
But can Ford Focus do 730kmph I guess you meant 330kmph, No?

I don't dare to cross 120kmph in car not sure how this guys do 300kmph in bike! Police did the right thing by putting such person in jail.
bronco is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 20:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Just one obstacle in the form of a small stone or even a careless straying off the lane by another motorist would've meant curtains on him. Still people put not just their life on the lane, others life too. As GTO suggested, he should hire a race track and fulfill his satiation for such speeds. Thank God, it ended without any untoward drama.

I enjoyed the downshifting he did though. 299 kmph to 130 odd in 5 secs or so. Yes a seasoned one at it, but it can't be on a public road.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 20:58   #14
BHPian

The overtake of the car from the extreme right at 280 kph was . He has taken down all his posts and made his profile private on instagram a few hours back.
Yakuza is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 21:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

The EC flyover has joints every few metres. Was biker really doing 300? The speedo goes from 100 to 200 in matter of 4 seconds? Is it possible on street roads?
msdivy is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks