Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 22:10   #76
BHPian

Re: Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavd View Post
Ok he messed up by putting up this video.
But but, haven't all "riders" broken the speed limit?
So is 100 kmph then. Or anything above the speed limit. Or even below it for new rider.
That is not the way the laws ought to be written or enforced. World over you see overspending violations are tiered. They are not all the same, and a person with a ticket for going 10+kmph need not be compared to this criminal.
https://leg.colorado.gov/content/pen...ing-violations
https://www.ticketsnipers.com/traffi...t-fine-amounts

There is violation, a serious violation, and reckless endangerment. A person getting out on a bike with a plan to record such speeds, has clearly had time to think this through, and has clear intent to break the law to this extent. Kudos to the cops for sending such a message. Racing and stunting on public roads is a menace. It is shocking to see these many YouTubers trying to make money by endangering the public.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 23:42   #77
BHPian

Great, I’m one for seeing such nuisances facing consequences for endangering the lives of pedestrians and motorists on the public roads.

The only grouse I have is the Cops were quick to arrest him for this particular stint but ‘Powerful’ people can on camera crash and injure/kill people and face no consequences (Read: Overspeeding Mercedes hit and run against a pedestrian in Delhi).

Innumerable instances of such reckless drivers on our roads that deserve to be behind bars and not just be fined or get a strike on their license.
Old 23rd July 2020, 08:44   #78
BHPian

Anywhere above 120 on a highway starts to give me chills (read as fear!) Not sure if it’s the age that’s catching up but even in the young 20’s I have never dared to do such a stunt…. For a moment putting myself in the rider’s shoes to understand why does he even want to do this…Probably the Social media gen? This gen that is so addicted to likes and shares, gives super importance to the virtual world. I hope we could do a relapse for them to understand how important it is to live like the erstwhile gen not that they were great but far better in terms of being a little less accessible to technology, Gadgets and such expensive rides at such a young age…

While 300 KMPH is completely bonkers and they need to strip him off his right to drive as god knows what would have happened even, he had encountered a small brush with a fellow rider.

Speed is relative these days and especially during the lockdown, many roads are deserted or less crowded. A few youngsters start doing stunts on such lanes putting lives of all in danger…Drag races etc. Even 60 KMPH on a smaller lane is utter stupidity and these need to be controlled.

Speed Monitors could be installed on such superbikes? Not sure but I hope we don’t see such instances often….Stay Safe all, its such people who are a threat than COVID! Staying home is indeed better…
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:06   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrish View Post
Probably the Social media gen? This gen that is so addicted to likes and shares, gives super importance to the virtual world.
The Yahoo Generation says the same about FB Generation and FB Generation says the same thing about TikTok generation. I think every older gen tries to criticize the newer gen in a similar fashion.

No the older generation was not better or worse, when it comes to driving. They just didnt have fast enough vehicles to go this fast, record using GoPros and share using social media. Thats the only difference.

The absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence (of such behaviour)

The earlier generation did 80-100 kmph in cars like Ambassador, 800 and Padmini, which will be called Suicide today. Imagine the RD350, the potential speed it could achieve and the brakes it had! A lot of people did very high speeds even on the Jawa also. Even BHPians mentioned speeds way above speed limit before the rule of high speed mentions was enforced.

No point making this a generational thing, youngsters across generations have behaved the same way and will continue to behave the same way, they they do be guided properly.

Last edited by 2000rpm : 23rd July 2020 at 10:09.
2000rpm is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:42   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The Yahoo Generation says the same about FB Generation and FB Generation says the same thing about TikTok generation. I think every older gen tries to criticize the newer gen in a similar fashion.

No the older generation was not better or worse, when it comes to driving. They just didnt have fast enough vehicles to go this fast, record using GoPros and share using social media. Thats the only difference.

The absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence (of such behaviour)

The earlier generation did 80-100 kmph in cars like Ambassador, 800 and Padmini, which will be called Suicide today. Imagine the RD350, the potential speed it could achieve and the brakes it had! A lot of people did very high speeds even on the Jawa also. Even BHPians mentioned speeds way above speed limit before the rule of high speed mentions was enforced.

No point making this a generational thing, youngsters across generations have behaved the same way and will continue to behave the same way, they they do be guided properly.
Thanks and indeed a fair point - probably it sounded like an accusation but not what I meant. More so like the % of population who had access then vs who have access now. Im sure you can relate. If incase I didn't articulate properly, I'm so sorry.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd July 2020 at 10:52. Reason: Please do not type dotty posts....like.... this....
Sabrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:07   #81
BHPian

Quick action by Bengaluru traffic police. Basis some searching online on the new penalties under MVA 2019, I presume the below sections and related fines may be imposed on the rider.

Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover-fines.png

Source: https://www.jagranjosh.com/general-k...9-1567410462-1

Last edited by silvercloud : 23rd July 2020 at 11:08. Reason: Sentence re-framed
silvercloud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:27   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarth 619 View Post
And I make it clear- No Tolerance Policy for such bullies.
Deep pockets doesn't mean you purchased the law.

Law is for everyone. Me too.
You have put it so brilliantly, rightly said. There is no single excuse to support this act and neither can it be treated with any leniency.
raghu.bramha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:35   #83
BHPian

Really don't understand the thinking of folks who are even mildly defending this 300km/hr misadventure. Race to jump to the top of "most viewed " on social media has lead to mushrooming of such folks who have umpteen such videos on youtube. It is very easy to drift to a 100km/hr speed in a 80km/hr speedzone, on almost any bike nowadays but not to a 300km/hr temple run style choreographed chase.

The fact that this was a premeditated act to gain some views on social media, itself says a lot about the biker and his thinking, in engaging in such acts.

The sad part post this incident is, for days to come, anybody and everybody who is on a big capacity big bike will be stopped by cops for even the slightest of deviations and subject to all kinds of scrutiny.
Neo18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:56   #84
Senior - BHPian

I'd have been even happier if they started with those tractors, carts, bikers who drive on the wrong side causing accidents and loss of lives. But then, arresting a rider doing 300 km/h is always more sensational than arresting a tractor driver on the wrong side.
fine69 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:39   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I'd have been even happier if they started with those tractors, carts, bikers who drive on the wrong side causing accidents and loss of lives. But then, arresting a rider doing 300 km/h is always more sensational than arresting a tractor driver on the wrong side.
"Sensationalism" aside:

1. Two wrongs don't make a right.

2. Action is taken against other errant drivers (though we all know it's grossly inadequate). However, any such action would (obviously) not be reported in media because it's so common, unfortunately. Regardless, one cannot deny that 300kmph on a public Indian road is not just an 'adventure' - it's utter disregard for human life.
N.A.GTC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:04   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Well, there's no starting. They received a complaint and acted on it.
I believe if they would've surely taken action on tractor going wrong side. Maybe they did many times, it mustn't have made headlines then.

The only way we can blame the Police is if you personally take a video of offenders, submit it to Police and still action is not taken.
So, if you're located in Bangaluru, why not give it a try?
Samarth 619 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:47   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True. The guys driving nonchalantly on the wrong side of the road are far more hazardous than the guy doing 300 km/h on the right side. Not that the biker should be spared. But in terms of potential danger, the tractors, carts and bikers going on the wrong side of a road where there are pedestrians, shops, gatherings, folks jumping across the road every second pose FAR more of a safety hazard than a lone biker doing 300 km/h going the right way on a elevated toll road which has no shops, pedestrians, buildings, jaywalkers and very little traffic.

Last edited by AMG Power : 23rd July 2020 at 13:50.
AMG Power is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 14:50   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
. It is shocking to see these many YouTubers trying to make money by endangering the public.

Sadly, its even worse, compared to their bike's price, youtube revenues are peanuts!

They seem to do this for online fame and the "biker/racer/risk-taker" identity that comes along with such acts. Without their online identity, most of them are just regular Joe with rich parents whom no one would ever care about. This probably explains why they defend their act at all cost.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 15:49   #89
BHPian

The biker is plain stupid. And arrogant, may be a fair bit entitled as well, merely going by his comments online. Inspite of owning a fairly quick and a powerful bike (Versys), I am very vary when riding or driving and I hear the scream of an inline four. My instinctive reaction is to maintain my lane, slow down slightly and look around until the menace passes. As a tax paying citizen why should I be harrassed by such vermin? I wish India introduces speed proportional punishment so that such moron bullies are stripped of all but their inner wear after paying fines.

Last edited by AirbusCapt : 23rd July 2020 at 16:11.
AirbusCapt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 17:18   #90
Senior - BHPian

There is another famous youtuber called DV, who rides as crazy as this guy but has now completely removed all his videos on fear of police action.

Hope they stop riding dangerously as well.
stanjohn123 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks