Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 14:10   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
OK, finally my sis ended up paying for the jacket from her pocket and brought it here to India. Thanked her a lot and she smiled and said "No worries, pay me when you can!". I know I can't, so thats out of the window. Thanks sis!
Thanks for the help!!
Will post up pics of my riding gear asap!
Nice to see you got the jacket, congrats!
Old 13th October 2009, 22:24   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottoe View Post
Would anyone know of a reliable and trustworthy
shop in which I can buy protective riding gear
in New Delhi, India?

I have heard of CRAMSTER and have checked out
their website - does anyone have any knowledge of
their products or of any other websites that advertise
and sell riding gear?
All my gear is from Cramster and is really good. If you have the cash to spare you can look at PlanetDSG but if you're budget-minded then Cramster is for you!
Old 14th October 2009, 10:40   #183
BHPian

Pointers plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Hi All,
Whre can i buy original AGV and STUDDS/VEGA helmets in Bangalore? Plz provide pointers to particular shops and contact numbers if possible?

thanks
MSVG
Any pointers to the above question? I am planning to buy the helmet this weekend so plz give ur pointers ASAP.

Thanks
MSVG
Old 19th October 2009, 13:09   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Any pointers to the above question? I am planning to buy the helmet this weekend so plz give ur pointers ASAP.

Thanks
MSVG
Try Megha Enterprises opp Urvashi Theatre on Lalbagh Road. He stocks original AGV helmets.

Prajwal
Old 19th October 2009, 14:20   #185
BHPian

I have :

xElement Riding Jacket bought from USA for 70$

Cramster Touring gloves

Cramster Turtle TankBag

Cramster Stallion SaddleBag

AGV Helmet
Old 19th October 2009, 16:24   #186
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
MSVG
Orion Motors. Its a Yamaha Showroom, next to forum mall.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th October 2009 at 17:03. Reason: Please do not type...like...this...
Old 20th October 2009, 10:24   #187
BHPian

thnx prajwal and lobo i will try them this weekend...
Old 27th October 2009, 11:23   #188
BHPian

I went to buy the helmets last weekend was not successful as i was confused by the shop keepers.
I came to know that MPA makes AGV in india and its cheap too but quality is very bad when compared to original imported ones.Prices 2500-3000 Rs
A helmet company by the GPR (korean make)fasinated me with the looks ,quality and the comfort and the quality was at par with the AGV.Prices 2500-3000 Rs
Studds Knight rider helmets ,Good quality
Plz advice on the same.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:45   #189
BHPian

Quote:
I went to buy the helmets last weekend was not successful as i was confused by the shop keepers.
I came to know that MPA makes AGV in india and its cheap too but quality is very bad when compared to original imported ones.Prices 2500-3000 Rs
A helmet company by the GPR (korean make)fasinated me with the looks ,quality and the comfort and the quality was at par with the AGV.Prices 2500-3000 Rs
Studds Knight rider helmets ,Good quality
Plz advice on the same.
How much are you willing to spend is the first question.
MPA AGV are very good quality as far as i know. Using one myself. Good value for money. they should cost 2400 and nothing more than that. Shopkeepers are conning you if they said its 2500-3000 bucks.
GPR are good also. If you talking about the one with the air vents which pop out of helmet. Thre is a lil prob there which was faced by my friend. His vents cracked with a small drop of the helmet( not above the waist drop). Otherwise the GPR are quality is at par with the MPA AGV's. N they too should actually cost as much or even lesser than the MPA- AGV. I have no clue about Studds Knight Rider. But you could try out Studds Rhino available at Castrol Bike Zones. They are pretty good helmets. A total value for money helmet.

You can try Cross Helmets too. I think they start at around 2800Rs...
and original AGV helmets i guess start around Rs. 6000

Last edited by lobojames9 : 27th October 2009 at 11:55.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:44   #190
Senior - BHPian

Hi!

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Can the Gurus please list out the safety gear in categories of essential and desirable. Cost estimates would be a great help.

Afaik the gear requirements for touring and track are different.

I used to drive a RX-100 and felt woefully unsafe with just a helmet.

Thanks in anticipation!
Old 28th October 2009, 23:10   #191
Senior - BHPian

For street riding and touring i'd suggest the following-

1.Mesh jacket for summers-should set you back by close to 10k for a good one with paddings and all.can come cheaper also.For 10k i have a Joe rocket mesh jacket with a liner for the winters.
Leather jacket/mesh jacket with liner.

if you're buying a leather jacket then see that the leather thickness is good.as in close to 1-1.4 MM and this can be felt by hand also.

check out dream sporting gear and cramster for this.

2.gloves-mesh for summers and leathers for winters.go for ones with knuckle bracing.pretty cheap alternatives are now available in the indian market from thai brands and Dreams sporting gear and cramster.

3.Boots- these are essentially long boots.they go about 3-4 inches above the ankle. now track boots are very expensive as they have a host of safety features built in them.so the best bet is to buy hiking boots like timberland etc which are safe as well as comfortable.Else check out dreams sporting gear as they have timely clearance sales.

Also if you have someone who can carry them for you from abroad they there are some super deals during the christmas season.some even giving upto 70-80% off on older stock.

i'm also on a lookout for some deals abroad and will send you links if i find any.

Another thing is the knee protectors etc.

They are recommended but i have never used them.i think a pair of good thick denim should be good enough but then when the time is bad then nothing is enough.

Also on a final point your best gear is your concentration.

Don't think about other things while riding like whats your GF gonna do when she meets you.

Most often than not the other people on the road are responsible for your crash.be wary of other people.don't assume they won't come in your way.yes don't.

think of everyone else as a fool on the road and you'll be pretty safe.i hope you get what i'm saying and not become a paranoid rider riding at 5kmph.lol.
Old 29th October 2009, 01:11   #192
Senior - BHPian

Hehe. This is the exact same advice my dad gave me when I started driving.

He called it Murphy's driving law for India.

If a motorist or a pedestrian or a stray animal can get in your way and collide with you in some manner, they will.

:P

You forgot to mention the Helmet.

Would an open face be safe?

Is it possible for someone to carry stuff back from the US? How heavy will this stuff traditionally be?

I was looking more towards rounding up everything in about 8k.
Old 29th October 2009, 09:31   #193
Senior - BHPian

Well i purposely left out helmets as they are enforced by law in most of india and you get a variety of them in india itself.the ISI ones are good enough for riding at indian bike speeds.however for SBK riding it is suggested that you go for better brands like Arai,Shoei,and other such brands which have helmets which are track ready.but beware these are very very costly.

I bought my shoei for 32k.so you get the idea.

Now half face helmets are alright but no good in the winters and they're no good if you have a bad crash as your face and most of all chin is still exposed.they're good for sensible city riding though.

Well the stuff can be carried into india easily.its not that heavy either.i had a friend carry it for me from UK.

though just lookout for christmas deals.they'll be awesome.and buy the gear from last years range.they're just as safe and are way cheaper than the newer ones.Also plain single colour gear is cheaper than muliticolour designer rider replicas.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:02   #194
Senior - BHPian

Gotcha! I'll check out some online stores and see if I can get someone to bring them in.

Thanks a lot bro!
Old 30th October 2009, 14:49   #195
BHPian

Decided to purchace MX3, contacted cramster, unfortunately no stock. Expected around 20th next month. Also got a information, that a new model is expected next month.

Fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks