Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2013, 19:57   #1156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I would say, avoid using the tank bag for dSLR, the jerk/vibrations/bad roads may damage your camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

and Partha, if you still intend to use the tank bag to carry your DSLR ensure it is neatly packed within a few layers of clothing / hand towels so it will be protected from shocks and bumps while riding on bad roads.
Rode 150kms today in the afternoon putting the tank bag to use. Carried a tee, dslr, papers, visor, spectacle case, contqct lens solution bottle, contact lens case, microfibre towel plus rain cover plus my note. Did about 80-90kmph and crossed 110kmph sometimes. All the while the tank bag did not even feel like it was there.

Yes I did pack in the dslr with the cloths so that it was snugly sitting inside the bag.

Mighty pleased with this tank bag for the budget. I'm even contemplating getting their 10 litre tail bag from Rishab's store. His stuff is so well designed and the bag has easy access, it was easy to get the dslr out in a jiffy and put it back easily withiut even having to take off my gloves. Plus his products come with a lifetime warranty and being in Bangalore I can easily visit the shop and get the repairs done without having to hunt down repair centres or couriering it to the parent company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Didn't know that Spartan made riding pants in black. Their website doesn't list black as an option. Was considering getting riding pants from the US but will check these out too.
Rode with them today. They are very comfy as in no butt sores even after riding continuouly till reaching home. Plus vented which help in some cooling but not much in this hot weather. The product feels as if the one who designed it has givrn it a lot of thought for the comfort of the rider and not hastily designed it. That in itself is a boon for the rider. At 6k these pants are definitely a better option than importing foreign brands without trying them on for size. Now I don't think ill need those bicycling pants anymore.

Finally for the first time in 6 months, I rode the duke comfortably and continuously without hurting my bum. I'm happy with my purchases.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 27th March 2013 at 19:59.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 09:38   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

@Partha, I was at Church Street last evening for dinner and i walked into the store. I spent a good 20 mins speaking with Rishab and i was impressed seeing pics of his R15 detailed with the silicon polish.

What is impressive about the store and the products they stock is that they aren't too expensive.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 14:28   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
@Partha, I was at Church Street last evening for dinner and i walked into the store. I spent a good 20 mins speaking with Rishab and i was impressed seeing pics of his R15 detailed with the silicon polish.

What is impressive about the store and the products they stock is that they aren't too expensive.
You'd be shocked at how much time I spent at his store that day. But he is a genuine guy and doesn't push you into buying stuff. I was in fact buying a bigger tank bag when he suggested the smaller one to be sufficient.

Yes the muc off products are good and very reasonably priced given that they are imported stuff. I'm happy with my meguiars stuff. However I do plan to buy a specific brush I saw that day at his store that's very handy for cleaning alloys.

The other muc off product I liked is the dry shower which can come in handy for riders on long trips and not having clean bathing water.

Did you check out the dry PTFE lube and the paraffin based engine oils ?

I do agree about the pricing of stuff at his store. Also he doesn't stock a lot of brands only a selected few which make it all the more easier to choose from. And he is one hardcore tourer, so most of the stuff in his store are also based on touring if you noticed.

Cheers.
Old 28th March 2013, 16:32   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Finally for the first time in 6 months, I rode the duke comfortably and continuously without hurting my bum. I'm happy with my purchases.
Do the pants come with padding on the butt area?
Old 28th March 2013, 19:46   #1160
BHPian

Quote:

Do the pants come with padding on the butt area?
I doubt if its padding on the butt area but its a different material they have placed ij that region which helps the backside stick to the seat thereby reducing all the bum sores that one gets by continuous movement of the butt on the seat. Plus the pants feel very comfy type (but not like a sofa) which is actually a good thing.

And the best part is they don't make you look awkward at all. You can roam in the city, enter malls without people staring at you. Thumbsup: to the designer
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 15:51   #1161
BHPian

Sounds like the ideal pair of pants Thanks for the info. Will check it out.
Old 6th April 2013, 12:19   #1162
BHPian

Got my new Pro-Biker hand gloves. Very cheap deal and thanks to ebay again.
Total damage: rs 475 thru paypal. Don't know if it would attract any customs duty. Body armor costed me appx Rs 1650.

The same gloves are sold locally and on the Indian online sites for 950 to 1500 and the body armor goes for about 2000 to 3000.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-gloves.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-kgrhqnhjeifelku36tbrly5cfcsw60_1.jpg  

Old 6th April 2013, 13:12   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Got my new Pro-Biker hand gloves. Very cheap deal and thanks to ebay again.
Please share the sellers name. just checked ebay. the same gloves range from 300 to 900. Don't know which one will be quality stuff.
Old 6th April 2013, 13:27   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Please share the sellers name. just checked ebay. the same gloves range from 300 to 900. Don't know which one will be quality stuff.
Check out these 2 sellers. I won these in Auction by the way.

http://myworld.ebay.com/yellow-leave...84.m1497.l2754

http://myworld.ebay.com/wealth-1314/...84.m1497.l2754
yogisays0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 23:34   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Picked up a pair of Spartan riding pants this evening from Biking Spirit Touring Equipment on Church Street, Blore.

I've had these pants on my wishlist for quite some time but they kept evading me all this time and finally now they're mine

I'm riding out to Kodai and Munnar for the long weekend with my buddies from Chennai and Blore and desperately needed a pair of riding pants / lower body armor. So I walked into this friendly touring store on Church Street, tried them out and bought them instantly.

The pants cost me 6k incl. of all taxes. Once again, Mr. Rishab at the store was very helpful and patient with my endless queries.

Here are some pics:

The Riding Gear thread-20130410-21.23.16.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20130410-21.19.51.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20130410-21.20.37.jpg

The elastic on the waist:

The Riding Gear thread-20130410-21.21.05.jpg

The seat area comprises of a heavy duty material to withstand all that abuse you will put it through. This material helps in staying glued to the seat so you do not slip off under hard braking.

I find this very useful since quite a few pairs of my jeans developed tears at the seat area due to the textured / grippy seat of the ninja.

Definitely a plus

The Riding Gear thread-20130410-21.21.33.jpg

The knee armor area is adjustable to different sizes.

The Riding Gear thread-20130410-21.22.35.jpg

Knox armor - one of the best brands out there when it comes to rider protection. More info here.

The Riding Gear thread-20130410-21.23.41.jpg

The inside of the pants which remains in contact with your legs comprises of a mesh material.

The Riding Gear thread-20130410-21.24.16.jpg

The pants feel rugged and well constructed. The quality of the velcro's feel very good too. The pants have air vents - inlet and outlets, four pockets - two on each side facing the front and the other two are the large cargo pockets on the sides.

The hip armor is made from dual density foam.

My cramster jacket is compatible with these pants - i can zip / attach the jacket onto these pants and use them as a "one piece" suit.

I'm eager to experience the pants on my ride tomorrow. Will post an update on how it feels when i am back.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 19:22   #1166
BHPian

Had visited the Biking Spirit Touring equipment store on Church street again today. Once you visit, you can never stop going especially because of the Krispy kreme next door.

Finally, got some good news too. Soon we are going to get Crampbuster in India. Rishab has promised to price it competitively. Booked one for myself before his stock finishes which happens most of the time. And Ive been asking him for an X ram mount for my phone for quite sometime. Hopefully that should be in stock soon. All these stuff become out of stock very soon and have asked him to keep one for me deifnitely this time. Still have a long list of to buy items.

Also heard that he is going to get original HJC helmets from the US soon. The prices were good. Hope he manages to get the consignment as early as possible.

As always had a good conversation with him about biking stuff. Saw some of his Ladakh videos too. He has got loads of them. I do wish he uploads them online. One actually never feels like a customer at his store. He is such a friendly guy and will answer all your queries unlike other shops where the owners dont have much idea about the products they sell.

Quote:
Picked up a pair of Spartan riding pants this evening from Biking Spirit Touring Equipment on Church Street, Blore.
You wont be disappointed. Will wait for your review after the long ride.

Like I said earlier evrytime I wear these pants, it feels so well designed and anything and everything that may cause discomfort for the rider is taken care of.

I wish my DSG nero had that zip attachment to make it a one piece suit.

Ride safe.
Old 11th April 2013, 23:40   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to buy a couple of riding pants - one for me and the other for my wife. I am looking for something that we can wear irrespective of whether its hot or cold. So basically, a pair of pants with detachable thermal liners. The pants need not be waterproof since we never ride in the rain. Leather is ruled out so its either mesh or textile pants. I will be getting them from the US, budget is around 150$ each. Any suggestions?
For you, the options are as follows -

Icon has some good overpant options (basically to be worn over a pair of jeans / track pants) - Icon Device Textile Pants ($110), Icon Anthem Mesh Overpants ($115).

Options from AGV Sport - AGV Sport Solare Vented Pants ($98.10), typically used for summer to mild winters. They also have an all-season pant option - AGV Sport Telluride H2O Vented Pants ($134.10)

For your wife -

Scorpion Women's Jewel Mesh Pants ($119.96)
Joe Rocket Women's Cleo Mesh Pants ($125.29)

You can also look at a slightly pricier option from REV'IT!, the Airwave Pant for both men and women. Each is priced at $199. These are hardcore mesh riding pants, and the quality from REV'IT! is simply rock solid

All of the above rates mentioned are from revzilla.com

So go ahead and take your pick.
REManiac78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 10:22   #1168
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Does Biking spirit stock half face helmets too? What are the brands they stock (full and half face)?
Need to pick one for me and my wife.

TIA!

Edit - nice pick up Adi. The pants look well built.

Last edited by JVH : 12th April 2013 at 10:23.
Old 12th April 2013, 10:57   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Does Biking spirit stock half face helmets too? What are the brands they stock (full and half face)?
Need to pick one for me and my wife.

TIA!

Edit - nice pick up Adi. The pants look well built.
Not as far as I know. The last time I was there, he only had SOL's. I can nevertheless check with Rishab and update you if need be.

UPDATE: I just got an update from Rishab that half face helmets would be available ONLY on order. Brands that can be ordered
--> HJC and SOL.

Last edited by Shubz : 12th April 2013 at 11:01.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 11:03   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Can we buy some rudimentary stuff like gloves, elbow protection and knee protection alone, in Chennai? Should be inconspicuous! The helmet and normal shoes would complete the protection. Can't wear a full riding gear for the Splendor, not in Chennai weather and not every day!

Had a fall from the bike a couple of weeks ago and suffered a simple knee wound. Trouser was vaporized in that place!

What took just a week to heal when I was 25+, takes twice as long to heal at 50+, hence the query!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks