Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2013, 21:09   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
You mean there is something addon for 500 ?
Yes for 500 more you get kind of a quilted liner which doubles as winter liner apart from the nylon pullover which acts as a standalone, wind/rain liner. But I'd suggest the best bet would be to look for Cramster Eclipse, this jacket is leather till your mitts from the shoulder. Plus, it's fully loaded with all the goodies at the price point whereas Helios and most other are offering basic jackets at that range.

Now the only gripe is, ventilation especially with this Cramster jacket, since it's leather, and it's not perforated, unless you keep moving, you're gonna sweat like a swine in bumper to bumper traffic coupled with tropic conditions.

Mesh is cheaper, and if you happen to eat the dust god forbid it melts instantly, but leather resists abrasion and saves the jacket for another day.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 15th November 2013, 11:43   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Back again with another gloves question. I did not go for my earlier choices - saved a little more and now I am looking between AGV Sport Willow and Cortech Hydro GT

Which among them will be a better buy? My typical ride is from BG Road\Bommanahalli to my office near ITPL (almost 25 KM one side), in traffic, usually between 40 - 60 kmph.

--Anoop
Old 15th November 2013, 12:57   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Back again with another gloves question. I did not go for my earlier choices - saved a little more and now I am looking between AGV Sport Willow and Cortech Hydro GT

Which among them will be a better buy? My typical ride is from BG Road\Bommanahalli to my office near ITPL (almost 25 KM one side), in traffic, usually between 40 - 60 kmph.

--Anoop
Between the two - Though I have high regards for Cortech - I'd still put my money on the AGV stuff.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 13:21   #1324
BHPian

Quote:

--Anoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Between the two - Though I have high regards for Cortech - I'd still put my money on the AGV stuff.
I beg to differ. I would recommend Cortech over AGV any day.
narula123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 14:23   #1325
BHPian

Planning to get a new set of gloves, any reviews on RJays Canyon? Looks pretty good for 2500.

http://www.bachoomotors.com/index.ph...duct&id_lang=1
Old 15th November 2013, 15:07   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Thank you Shubz and Narula, two perfectly devided opinions I hope I will get some more opinions \ insights before I decide.
Old 15th November 2013, 17:19   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Quote:
Thank you Shubz and Narula, two perfectly devided opinions I hope I will get some more opinions \ insights before I decide.
Sorry experthand to have added to your confusion.

Narula sir - the reason I said that was - I was at Cyclestore at Raleigh, NC and had checked out these gloves and had loved the quality and build more than The Cortech's he had (i am unable to recall the models). This is my personal opinion.
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 17:47   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry experthand to have added to your confusion.

Narula sir - the reason I said that was - I was at Cyclestore at Raleigh, NC and had checked out these gloves and had loved the quality and build more than The Cortech's he had (i am unable to recall the models). This is my personal opinion.
Thank you Shubz, now this is why I love Team BHP - there is always someone who has the experience.

Truth to be told, I am also leaning slightly towards the AGV.

Did you get any chance to check out any AXO gloves also? Any idea how these (AGV) compares to the build quality of the AXO Gloves? I am currently using AXO KR8 Gauntlets and do not want to buy something which will offer lesser feel \ protection than the gloves I currently own.

And hey, the name is Anoop

--Anoop
Old 15th November 2013, 17:58   #1329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Shubz, now this is why I love Team BHP - there is always someone who has the experience.

Truth to be told, I am also leaning slightly towards the AGV.

Did you get any chance to check out any AXO gloves also? Any idea how these (AGV) compares to the build quality of the AXO Gloves? I am currently using AXO KR8 Gauntlets and do not want to buy something which will offer lesser feel \ protection than the gloves I currently own.

And hey, the name is Anoop

--Anoop
Anoop! Sorry to have missed your name.

I didn't get a chance (nor was it in my mind to look for AXO). The one's they had were the A*, some Dainese, Fox, AGV's and Cortechs too.

Gloves were not on my list as I had already bought THIS
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 19:02   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Shubz,
Completely respect your opinion. Just that I felt the other way round seeing both the gloves.

Also, I bought my leather riding pants and racing suit from Cortech instead of AGV since the leather quality and fit of Cortech felt much better than AGV. Hence my patronizing goes a little towards Cortech.

End of the day you really cant go wrong with either brand. Its a 19-20 deal. Whatever fits and feels better on you is the best choice.
narula123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 20:10   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

--Anoop
AGV and Cortech are both really good brands, well almost any decent made gloves for that matter. You can really consider, RJays Canyon short cuff or RYNOX Kombat gloves. Being a RYNOX and RJays user, both are really good stuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Planning to get a new set of gloves, any reviews on RJays Canyon? Looks pretty good for 2500.

http://www.bachoomotors.com/index.ph...duct&id_lang=1
RJays are good, and I use quite a few of their products, and you can consider the Canyon or the Cobra short cuff, and my personal favorite the Cobra Short Cuff white color is an excellent one, 4 years and still going strong. The new models didn't appeal me, but the white ones are bloody darn good.

Cheers
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 21:00   #1332
BHPian

I'm avoiding the white ones, the reason being that my daily usage is for 70 km, and they will loose the white shine very fast.
Old 15th November 2013, 21:41   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I'm avoiding the white ones, the reason being that my daily usage is for 70 km, and they will loose the white shine very fast.
And for that then, you can consider the ever ubiquitous black. The white doesn't lose shine as you've quoted, it just becomes dirty due to the muck and grime all around. Cleaning it with cotton dipped water but has to be upheld up and down motion vigorously

I am doing that for the past 3 years, if I can anybody can. If you're the one who likes maintenance free, then go for black.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 15:01   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Shubz and Narula sir, for the detailed views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
AGV and Cortech are both really good brands, well almost any decent made gloves for that matter. You can really consider, RJays Canyon short cuff or RYNOX Kombat gloves. Being a RYNOX and RJays user, both are really good stuffs.

Cheers
VJ
Thank you Vijay, but I am not a fan of short cuff gloves - I prefer full gauntlets and by reading the description and looking at the pictures, I think AGV willow\ Cortech Hydro offer better protection than both Rjays Canyon and RYNOX Kombat.

--Anoop
Old 16th November 2013, 23:06   #1335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Shubz and Narula sir, for the detailed views.

Thank you Vijay, but I am not a fan of short cuff gloves - I prefer full gauntlets and by reading the description and looking at the pictures, I think AGV willow\ Cortech Hydro offer better protection than both Rjays Canyon and RYNOX Kombat.

--Anoop
You can also look at spartan Ares and Dsg primal . both are full gauntlets costing around 3k
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed