Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 12:51   #571
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Alpinestar SP 2 - long overdue replacement for my skimmed down Fieldsheer gloves. The catalogue did not mention too much about ventilation, but I mostly ride only early mornings so I could mostly manage.
I wanted to get a snug fit on these, and hope the size M is going to be just that once broken in.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-alpinestar-sp-2-gloves.jpg  

Old 25th May 2011, 14:37   #572
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubuS View Post
Has anyone tried the evaporative vests inside these jackets in India? (especially in high humidity conditions)?

bblost - this might be especially useful for you - I am your ex collegue - so I know about the heat / building structure
Found this site: India Cool For Ever
Old 31st May 2011, 14:50   #573
Senior - BHPian

Folks, anybody here using the Raingear from RJAY's. Saw it on the bachoo motors site and it mentions 100% waterproof. I spoke to Zulfi as well but he was not very convincing about the product. Any one with real time experience of using the Raingear from RJAY's
Old 31st May 2011, 19:11   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Folks, anybody here using the Raingear from RJAY's. Saw it on the bachoo motors site and it mentions 100% waterproof. I spoke to Zulfi as well but he was not very convincing about the product. Any one with real time experience of using the Raingear from RJAY's
I've asked Zulfi for a set but no stock in my size. Looks like the rains will stop by the time stocks arrive.

In case i buy before you do, I'll let you know how they fare.
Old 31st May 2011, 20:28   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks Aditya. What size are you looking for? Coz when i spoke to him, he said that since I am 6'0 tall, i would need to go for "L" size and he has stock of them.

I am looking at ordering them in the next 1-2 days. And he says it can arrive in a day to Blore by courier.
Old 31st May 2011, 22:16   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aditya. What size are you looking for? Coz when i spoke to him, he said that since I am 6'0 tall, i would need to go for "L" size and he has stock of them.
I'm thinking of XL. One size larger since i will be wearing it over my riding jacket and pants. When it rains i just want to slip it on without having to change into it.

P.S. Refer to the sizing guide before you order.
Old 31st May 2011, 22:35   #577
Team-BHP Support

@n_aditya. Some of these rain gears are designed to fit over the riding jacket and pants. One size big might make it a lil too big.
Old 7th June 2011, 19:11   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the Rain wear set from Zulfi. Did not get a chance to try them yet but they are good externally and all the seams are sealed hence there wont be any water seepage thru them. Will try them the next time i get to ride in the rains and let you know how they hold up.

I got the Size L and the pants are a tad too long for me though I am 6'0. I guess they will be correct once I am on the bike. So rethink before you go for the XL size. The jacket is a perfect fit and looks tailored to my frame!!
Old 7th June 2011, 19:15   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So rethink before you go for the XL size. The jacket is a perfect fit and looks tailored to my frame!!
Thanks Abhinav. Did you buy the right size or one size larger?

I'm asking this as I would be wearing them over my riding jacket and over my jeans with the knee armor.
Old 7th June 2011, 19:26   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Abhinav. Did you buy the right size or one size larger?

I'm asking this as I would be wearing them over my riding jacket and over my jeans with the knee armor.
I bought the right size. While nothing apart from a T-Shirt or Shirt will fit inside the Rain jacket, I can very well wear the knee armor, thick jeans et all beneath the pants. I can fit the elbow armor easily inside the rain jacket though.

So if you want to wear the riding jacket beneath this, you might need 2 sizes larger!!! Coz the jacket is a very snug fit.

I checked with Zulfi if he will sell different jacket and pant sizes to which he replied in the negative.
Old 7th June 2011, 19:48   #581
Senior - BHPian

@abhinav,
Can you post some pics of it.

I do agree with @bblost, the raincoats generally are little oversize. Was checking some shops locally on the weekend and found that they were little oversize than the size mentioned.
Old 7th June 2011, 20:20   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@abhinav,
Can you post some pics of it.
Sure... Will post them in a few days. I agree that they are a little oversize but the jacket is a very snug fit while the pant is not that snug in case of the Rjays Rain wear set.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 20:42   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So if you want to wear the riding jacket beneath this, you might need 2 sizes larger!!! Coz the jacket is a very snug fit.

I checked with Zulfi if he will sell different jacket and pant sizes to which he replied in the negative.
I most definitely will need different sizes for the pants and the jacket so looks like this wont work for me. Thanks for lettting me know.

I anyway dont ride intentionally in the rains and moreover now i'm itching to take the ninja to the track rather than on a road trip.
Old 7th June 2011, 20:46   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I most definitely will need different sizes for the pants and the jacket so looks like this wont work for me. Thanks for lettting me know.
Happy to help..

Quote:
I anyway dont ride intentionally in the rains and moreover now i'm itching to take the ninja to the track rather than on a road trip.
Ah! So you will be posting pics of the racing leather suit soon
Old 9th June 2011, 12:37   #585
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar
Also a full kit - Alpine Stars - Helmet, Jacket and others things - what do these cost ?
Alpine Stars are top of the line riding apparels, distributed by Planet DSG. You may check them over here - PlanetDSG : Motorcycle Riding Gear, Accessories, Apparel and..

I am using Joe Rocket riding gear and you may check them out here - Performance Racing Store

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks