Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2010, 13:13   #421
BHPian

Nice graphics & colors.. how much?
Old 17th October 2010, 16:42   #422
BHPian

A doubt - The foreign helmets discussed in this thread and purchased at a high cost do not have ISI mark on it. So how legal is it to wear them in India ? It doesnt feel good to purchase an AVG or ARAI for a hefty price (I ve seen one in ebay costing Rs28000/-) and then getting caught by the cops and fined like those purchased off the roadside !

Any comments anyone?
Old 17th October 2010, 17:21   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
A doubt - The foreign helmets discussed in this thread and purchased at a high cost do not have ISI mark on it. So how legal is it to wear them in India ? It doesnt feel good to purchase an AVG or ARAI for a hefty price (I ve seen one in ebay costing Rs28000/-) and then getting caught by the cops and fined like those purchased off the roadside !

Any comments anyone?
In a country where 90% of the people wear helmets bought from the roadside which would probably injure you more in case you have an accident, I dont think you need to worry about cops challaning you for non ISI helmets.
The foreign helmets meet international standards of safety, not geography, so its about investing in the safest thing you can buy.
Old 17th October 2010, 17:27   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
A doubt - The foreign helmets discussed in this thread and purchased at a high cost do not have ISI mark on it.
Don't know if it is legal, but why not put a ISI mark doen by a sticker shop?
Anyway the safety and quality exceeds ISI specifications in most cases.
Old 17th October 2010, 17:59   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
Nice graphics & colors.. how much?
This one is for 30k.
Old 19th October 2010, 23:55   #426
BHPian

Just purchased these gloves sometime back. Fits fine but the only thing is the way people look at me when I wear these even while going somewhere closeby

The Riding Gear thread-both.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-back.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-front.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-one-front.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-fingers.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-carbon.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-logo.jpg

So now my riding gear is :

Helmet : Vega (Got that since it fits inside the storage trunk of my Dio. Read the below paragraph)
Gloves : Pro-gear
Bag : Something from Singapore
Shoes : Puma
Denims : Spykar

P.S : I am intending to buy a new helmet but I am tight on budget (pocket money issues). I have a budget of ~3k and ride a Honda Dio. So can someone suggest me a helmet? The main criteria apart from safety is that they should be good looking. How are Gliders helmets? Some of my friends have it and it does look good.

Last edited by prateekm : 20th October 2010 at 00:06.
Old 20th October 2010, 08:03   #427
Senior - BHPian

@Prateek - you're missing one vital stuff that's even more important than the gloves - a riding jacket; get one atleast with elbow & shoulder protection. Buy a jacket that has CE approved armours.

It not only protects you, but also from your clothes getting dirty. Hope you're aware of their costs, brands & their availability.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:09   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Prateek - you're missing one vital stuff that's even more important than the gloves - a riding jacket; get one atleast with elbow & shoulder protection. Buy a jacket that has CE approved armours.

It not only protects you, but also from your clothes getting dirty. Hope you're aware of their costs, brands & their availability.
Hi Aagree,

Actually I do wear a Adidas jacket while riding a bike. And my daily commute is through peak city traffic on a 100cc scooterette with no rides outside Mumbai. Also, a armoured jacket doesn't fit in my budget currently. But yes, once I turn 18 and get a P220/Apache, I will surely buy one of those Any pointers about the helmets?

Last edited by prateekm : 20th October 2010 at 11:10.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:20   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Actually I do wear a Adidas jacket while riding a bike. And my daily commute is through peak city traffic on a 100cc scooterette with no rides outside Mumbai.
What has a jacket got to do with traffic or 100cc? If you're riding for 10 Km ot 100 km, jackets with armour are meant to protect during a fall down & prevent breaking your bones. Riding jackets are not worn for fashion my friend.

Quote:
But yes, once I turn 18 and get a P220/Apache, I will surely buy one of those
I don't know what to say as you're clearly confused!!! Again what has riding jacket with protection got to do with P220 or RTR unless you do not fall down when riding in the event of any unfortunate.

Quote:
Any pointers about the helmets?
Studds makes reliable helmet but a little on higher side of vitamin M. Otherwise go for Volga or Vega.

If you're on little higher side, go for AGV manufactured by MPA in India that comes around the price ranges of 3K.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:34   #430
BHPian

Quote:
What has a jacket got to do with traffic or 100cc? If you're riding for 10 Km ot 100 km, jackets with armour are meant to protect during a fall down & prevent breaking your bones. Riding jackets are not worn for fashion my friend.

I don't know what to say as you're clearly confused!!! Again what has riding jacket with protection got to do with P220 or RTR unless you do not fall down when riding in the event of any unfortunate.
Err, the main thing why I can't buy those jackets is that it's way out of my budget so I cannot afford it. I wear a Adidas jacket with elbow guards (which I got with my football kit). I know I am badly equipped but I can't do anything about that either.

P.S : Is there any armoured jacket in ~3.5k? Might skip the helmet then and buy a decent jacket
Old 20th October 2010, 12:13   #431
Senior - BHPian

@Prateek - I'm not sure about the prices, but folks here in Chennai buy products of Scoyco riding gears which I heard are pretty good to do the job. But again, I'm not sure because I don't use them, but my friends who've experienced them & using them find it VFM.

Its a Chinese make yet its not cheap in terms of quality or to do the job. You may want to contact Raw Adventures - adventure in its purest form who deals/distributes them in India & find out the price.
Old 20th October 2010, 12:19   #432
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prateek,

What Aargee says makes a lot of sense. You can perhaps invest in a good helmet ~ 1.5-2k as well as a riding jacket ~4.5 k. Do look into it, if your budget can be stretched.
Also, you can always use these with your next bike.

Ride safe.
Old 20th October 2010, 12:56   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But yes, once I turn 18 and get a P220/Apache, I will surely buy one of those
You shouldn't be riding till then since you probably don't have a license yet
Old 20th October 2010, 13:08   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
You shouldn't be riding till then since you probably don't have a license yet
No Jag!!! RTO provides license to ride non geared vehicles from the age of 16 upto the age of 18. From 18 & above it is for all vehicles. So IMO, Prateek is eligible to ride a Dio/Activa/Aviator/Pep/Pleasure & so on.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:28   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Jag!!! RTO provides license to ride non geared vehicles from the age of 16 upto the age of 18. From 18 & above it is for all vehicles. So IMO, Prateek is eligible to ride a Dio/Activa/Aviator/Pep/Pleasure & so on.
For the age group 16-18, the license is for non-geared two-wheelers below 60cc. So, he is not eligible to ride a Dio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks