Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 14:29   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
No second thoughts, go for it friend. I have been using Spartan Helios for more than 2 yrs, and the jacket is absolute VFM. Daily use in Bengaluru conditions means, dust will get accumulated on the jacket very soon, but then its easily washable.

Cheers !!!
Thanks! Will check it out in person at Lets Gear Up and make the purchase soon. Did you also get it from there? How's the fit? As in - did you have to go one size up or down?
Old 24th January 2014, 17:08   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks! Will check it out in person at Lets Gear Up and make the purchase soon. Did you also get it from there? How's the fit? As in - did you have to go one size up or down?
Yes, I got it from Lets Gear Up. I'm not able to recollect which size I went for, I think its L size, have to check at home. Fitting is perfect for me, except for the elbow part and I have to hold it tight with the elbow straps fitted with the jacket.

As you mentioned, visiting the store in person and try the fit is the best option.

Cheers !!!
Old 16th February 2014, 09:25   #1443
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Which riding jacket is better among these two for all-weather conditions:

1. Spartan Icarus: http://www.spartanprogear.com/Detail...=0&cat=0&typ=1

2. Cramster Breezer: http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333201.aspx

EDIT: I am 6'2", well-built and I need a XXL jacket. However, these two are not available in XXL sizes.

Any other options that I should consider? Gurus please advice.

Sorry for back-to-back posts, the time limit to edit the posts had expired. Since the Icarus and Breezer are not available in XXL sizes in their respective websites, I have another query:

1. Spartan Helios: http://www.spartanprogear.com/Detail...=0&cat=0&typ=1

2. Cramster Eclipse: http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333203.aspx

Also how good (or bad) is the DSG Aero: http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-aero-jacket-p-1720.html

At 5K, is the DSG Aero a good buy? The Spartan Icarus would have been ideal but it is not available in XXL size sadly.

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th February 2014 at 19:56. Reason: merging posts
Old 16th February 2014, 19:22   #1444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Sorry for back-to-back posts, the time limit to edit the posts had expired. Since the Icarus and Breezer are not available in XXL sizes in their respective websites, I have another query:

1. Spartan Helios: http://www.spartanprogear.com/Detail...=0&cat=0&typ=1

2. Cramster Eclipse: http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333203.aspx

Also how good (or bad) is the DSG Aero: http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-aero-jacket-p-1720.html

At 5K, is the DSG Aero a good buy? The Spartan Icarus would have been ideal but it is not available in XXL size sadly.
DO go to a shop and try out the jacket. The riding jacket is supposed to fit you snugly like your helmet. So no point in buying a loose one. I am 5 feet 10 and well built and helios fits me in Large. So for you XL should fit snugly.

If I remember correctly Spartan Icarus has elastic at the sides which stretch. So XL size of Icarus will be accommodating to your frame if helios does not fit

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 16th February 2014 at 19:23.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 10:59   #1445
BHPian

Hello guys,

I bought the SS jacket from US and the armour has broken into pieces now on the shoulder and elbow. Is there anyway to replace them here? Can I fit any other armour, if yes where can I get them?

thanks in advance for the help.

The Riding Gear thread-speed_strength_hang_em_tex_blue_400.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2015 at 23:48. Reason: Post edited. Image reinserted.
Old 17th February 2014, 13:34   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Since the Icarus and Breezer are not available in XXL sizes in their respective websites, I have another query:

1. Spartan Helios:

2. Cramster Eclipse:

I would suggest the Spartan jacket over the cramster anyday. I have been using Cramster Raptor 2.0 since the last 3.5 years and the quality, construction and materials are honestly not up to the mark.

DSG seems like a good jacket but I have heard a lot of negative reviews from users lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
hello guys,

I bought the SS jacket from US and the armour has broken into pieces now on the shoulder and elbow. Is there anyway to replace them here? Can I fit any other armour, if yes where can I get them?
I am not sure if anyone sells only the armor (separately) but do check with Spartan Pro Gear. They had an option to upgrade the armor in their gear to Knox armor.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 14:25   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With the summer just around the corner, I am looking at buying a mesh jacket and am considering the Icarus jacket from Spartan ProGear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
No second thoughts, go for it friend. I have been using Spartan Helios for more than 2 yrs, and the jacket is absolute VFM.
Thanks, just bought it yesterday. Sapna at Lets Gear Up asked me to try size M first but that was a little too small - so finally landed up taking the XL sized Icarus. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the jacket. Really well made and there didn't seem to be any cutting costs anywhere. These can really compare in quality to jackets like Fieldsheer which I own also. The fit on the torso was great. My only gripe would be that Spartan should have given one more button in the arms - so that it would have been a snug fit. Some of us people though we have to buy XL jackets don't have wrestler arms

Wore it to office today - nice and breezy, no worries about wearing it in the heat. Happy to be finally wearing a riding jacket to office - one that I can use regularly.
Old 17th February 2014, 16:28   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews on the riding boots from Puma?

Check this: http://www.outdoortravelgear.com/pro...ots/seal-brown

I love the brand, prefer it for my automotive use. If good, I would most probably go for these.

In other news: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ru-372561.aspx

Last edited by parrys : 17th February 2014 at 16:42.
Old 17th February 2014, 16:59   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any reviews on it? Hows the quality of Spartan stuff?
Have been using Spartan Helios almost from the day it was launched. Have done about 14K km & one fall since then. Having used Joe Rocket & Power Trip, this jacket is a good value for money for me. Perfect for everyday use.

BTW, Helios is offered with Knox Armor for a peanut price as upgrade at the time you buy & IMHO, you should opt for it, for you should go for Helios.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 17:06   #1450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Have been using Spartan Helios almost from the day it was launched. Have done about 14K km & one fall since then. Having used Joe Rocket & Power Trip, this jacket is a good value for money for me. Perfect for everyday use.

BTW, Helios is offered with Knox Armor for a peanut price as upgrade at the time you buy & IMHO, you should opt for it, for you should go for Helios.
I'd already decided on and have bought the Icarus. This is for my everyday summer use. Already own a Fieldsheer jacket and my budget was a bit tight.
Old 17th February 2014, 19:46   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd already decided on and have bought the Icarus. This is for my everyday summer use. Already own a Fieldsheer jacket and my budget was a bit tight.
Oh!! Sorry, didn't notice the posted date. I only noticed Naveenroy & then posted my review. Icarus for a everyday use is perfect choice for everyday use. Not so expensive, but at the same time not so poor in quality either. If I had Icarus that day, I would've done for it too.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 19:51   #1452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Oh!! Sorry, didn't notice the posted date. I only noticed Naveenroy & then posted my review. Icarus for a everyday use is perfect choice for everyday use. Not so expensive, but at the same time not so poor in quality either. If I had Icarus that day, I would've done for it too.
No worries! Yes, it is perfectly priced as an everyday jacket. The fit is nice. Would have liked it a bit more snug around the arms though - there should have been one more tightening button.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 20:25   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Any reviews on the riding boots from Puma?

Check this: http://www.outdoortravelgear.com/pro...ots/seal-brown

I love the brand, prefer it for my automotive use. If good, I would most probably go for these.

In other news: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ru-372561.aspx
Never personally used PUMA riding boots but,couple of friends use them and happy with the boots.You should be careful with the sizing though!

I would suggest you to try out SIDI boots, i totally loved them for the fit and feel they give.I finally settled for SIDI after using Alpinestar/crotech/AXO...etc.
Since SIDI is a dedicated boot manufacturing company,they know the business a bit more than others!

Regarding DIANESE,always been a fan for their leathers.Never looked into their range of boots.

Regards,
harsha
Old 17th February 2014, 22:15   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would have liked it a bit more snug around the arms though - there should have been one more tightening button.
Superb!! Helios also has the same issue at the wrist, but then, I use their gauntlet gloves (I think it's ARES), so it doesn't matter to me. However, I've an ultra loose fit around the elbow (I assume this is what you mean by arms) from day one for which SPG offered a solution, but, I couldn't make that 90 Km round trip (and have never visited ECR in last 1.5 years lol) just to get the work around done.

Edit
Quote:
I'd bought these pants in December before my Coast to Coast ride.
Just noticed this; amazing & hats off Please elaborate the trip, I would love to hear your achievement.

Last edited by aargee : 17th February 2014 at 22:19.
Old 18th February 2014, 00:35   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestion as to where i can pick up light yellow polarized glasses?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks