Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 10:07   #20776
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Looks like the rider was thrown on the windshield and roof of Baleno. Windshield looks like its been hit from outside.
Old 9th June 2016, 10:08   #20777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Or it was the bike rider who got thrown on to the windshield due to a head-on collision?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Looks more like the rider of the RE was flung on top of the windshield. The windshield seems to have caved in. Really hope he's ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Could more likely be the rider, and his helmet that did that.
Yup more likely I guess I missed that

Quote:
Look at the handlebars! Secondary impact or the riders arms? Ouch!
Precisely! Even if he fell on the car which was probably better, looks like both his arms would have taken quite some force multiple fractures maybe?
Old 9th June 2016, 10:28   #20778
Distinguished - BHPian

One more to the list -

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screen-shot-20160609-10.22.53-am.png

Victims:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-indicab.jpeg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-xuv.jpeg

No one is seen severely hurt - must have few bones broken for sure. Hospital is stone's throw away. RTO police is on the scene, its closer to their workplace, so no surprises.

How this happened?
The indicab is merging onto the main road from the cross road. XUV headed towards north. Trying to avoid indicab getting t-boned, hits breaks and still manages to bang the front RHS of indica. In the action, climbs on the median, breaks the electric pole, gets entire front smashed. Airbags deployed, but the damage is too big.
Old 9th June 2016, 10:51   #20779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The number can be used to report the driver irregularities like rash driving, unavailability of seat belts for eg., bad behaviors etc. Voice communications is far more effective than written communications and the standard reply of "We will come back in XX days". Or else make arrangements in the app itself to report such things.
Well, the whole idea of these technology driven operators are to eliminate human interface and drive heavily on technology, else what is the difference between the call taxi and these aggregators?

However, atleast from Indian context, where misbehaviour of driver etc is generally (deemed, if I can say so) is high, there is a flaw in the design. I strongly feel there is still lot for them to evolve, and that should come faster before any more is victimized!

I had faced following issues with Ola.

1. Once I had booked early morning (2:30 am) drop to airport. At 2:15 am a cab is allocated to me, the driver calls and asks for the drop point, I say airport, he is happy (70 kms), next he asks cash or Ola Money, I say Ola Money, he disconnects, in few seconds I get a message, trip canceled, by the driver. I get a new driver allocated; he too repeats the same set of questions, again trip cancelled. For 3rd time, again same questions repeated. I now panic, the 4th driver calls, I say I can pay in Cash or Ola Money, and he drops me to airport and pay him in cash (1200). I land in Chennai, I again take Ola and after the drop, when I was about to pay cash, driver says, Sir got the payment through Old Money, that’s when I realize, earlier in the day, I had payed Cash and Old Money was also deducted! This was the first time I was using Ola Money and Ola for airport drop too. On returning, I called up Ola customer care and shared my situation, they said they would revert the money soon. For a week nothing happened, again I call them, they say, to my surprise, they are unable to reach the driver, this goes on for 4 weeks, I am not sure if they were able to trace the driver, but got money after a month. Now the question that was pondering in my mind, 1st, that was a serious issue of not able to reach the driver even after a week or two, 2nd, how did they simply believe me that I had paid money also along with Ola Money, I assume that the driver agreed that he took money, really?

2. Once one driver on a hot Sunday had parked his Ola cab in front of my garage door and went missing. I assumed that he wanted to park the car under shade and take rest, as I have a tree with good shade next to my home. Though I did not have any need to move the car, I was surprised to see that the cabs glasses were down and it was parked in a very haphazard way. After waiting for 1 hour or so, I called Ola and complained to them that the car was hindering other vehicles and requested them to inform the driver to move the car. To my surprise, they said they were unable to locate the driver. Even after multiple calls the car was there for more than 8~9 hours. The car was only removed around mid-night. Later on I got to know that the driver was fully drunk and I parked the car and had gone to his friends place few streets ahead.

I strongly think, there should be proper control mechanism to have contact of drivers. Also, if not over call, there should be live support over app for emergency, where either they or we are able to get in touch with them.
However, during emergency it is always advisable to reach out Police or other related authorities, who would be well equipped to handle situations better.

I you have missed this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...each-them.html
LoneRidder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 12:15   #20780
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Hard to believe how much damage a RE can cause to Baleno.
Significant damage to Baleno could mean it has decent pedestrian impact protection. Bumper, bonnet and windscreen are bike/pedestrian "friendly".

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-baleno.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 12:25   #20781
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
W

I strongly think, there should be proper control mechanism to have contact of drivers. Also, if not over call, there should be live support over app for emergency, where either they or we are able to get in touch with them.
However, during emergency it is always advisable to reach out Police or other related authorities, who would be well equipped to handle situations better.

I you have missed this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...each-them.html
Ola/Uber can track a driver only if his smart phone is switched on and if he has logged into the system
Old 9th June 2016, 13:17   #20782
Senior - BHPian

Name:  accident.png
Views: 4877
Size:  659.6 KB

A lady doctor died, her husband (Who was driving) and their child are in critical condition. Accident happened in Attingal near Trivandrum. As per reports, their car lost control when it was brushed by a bus and crashed in to the parked truck.

Notice that the truck has no under run bar.
Old 9th June 2016, 13:44   #20783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
A lady doctor died, her husband (Who was driving) and their child are in critical condition. Accident happened in Attingal near Trivandrum. As per reports, their car lost control when it was brushed by a bus and crashed in to the parked truck.

Notice that the truck has no under run bar.
These trucks without the run bars make even the presence of Airbags useless

Going by the pic, looks like the car hasn't suffered extensive damage. It might have rammed the truck at relatively low speeds (due to braking post brushing with the bus maybe). The injuries and death might be due to not wearing seatbelts.
Old 9th June 2016, 13:47   #20784
Senior - BHPian

RE and the car both were doing decent speed i feel, Also the built quality of RE can be totally seen looking at the damage of baleno.
Old 9th June 2016, 14:00   #20785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post

Going by the pic, looks like the car hasn't suffered extensive damage. It might have rammed the truck at relatively low speeds (due to braking post brushing with the bus maybe). The injuries and death might be due to not wearing seatbelts.

See the roof?
Thats probably what has killed the passenger, the lady doctor, presumably.
All down to the absence of under run bars. I dont think someone even in the front seat of an S class could have survived this.
Old 9th June 2016, 14:13   #20786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post

The passenger side roof is damaged and this might have caused the death of the passenger.

Quote:

See the roof?
Thats probably what has killed the passenger, the lady doctor, presumably.
All down to the absence of under run bars. I dont think someone even in the front seat of an S class could have survived this.
Exactly.
Old 9th June 2016, 14:18   #20787
Team-BHP Support

The Alto picture is deceptive. The invisible (in the pic) passenger headroom side of the cabin is almost completely smashed by the truck's central chassis member. No car could've protected its occupants for that kind and point of impact.
Old 9th June 2016, 14:30   #20788
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think someone even in the front seat of an S class could have survived this.
On second thoughts, I think someone in an S Class wouldn't have died at least.

Because one, the Merc would have not gone so far to the left with the bus's impact as compared to the Maruti because a Merc is heavier.

And two, because of having a longer bonnet, the Merc would have hit the trucks rear tyre and possibly rebounded a bit and the tyre contact with Merc bumper would have also made airbags deploy. So comparatively lesser damage would have been done to the passengers. Nobody would have died for sure. Not in the same situation and impact levels.
Old 9th June 2016, 14:44   #20789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
On second thoughts, I think someone in an S Class wouldn't have died at least.

Because one, the Merc would have not gone so far to the left with the bus's impact as compared to the Maruti because a Merc is heavier.

And two, because of having a longer bonnet, the Merc would have hit the trucks rear tyre and possibly rebounded a bit and the tyre contact with Merc bumper would have also made airbags deploy. So comparatively lesser damage would have been done to the passengers. Nobody would have died for sure. Not in the same situation and impact levels.
Have a look at this LINK and also go through the thread. And there is another thread on importance of under run bars: LINK

Quote:

I dont think someone even in the front seat of an S class could have survived this.
Have a look at the link on previous quote in this post.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 15:36   #20790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Received this on whats app. Baleno collides with RE. Both airbags deployed. Hard to believe how much damage a RE can cause to Baleno.
I was witness to a similar accident about 13 years back involving a senior of mine, happened just after MGM College on Manipal-Udupi road. The vehicles involved were a Royal Enfield and a Lancer, the point of impact was dead center of the front of Lancer. The aftereffect was shocking for me. The RE rider was without any gear, no helmet or anything. He had a few abrasions on his hand but was not seriously injured, no bleeding from any wound. The bike suffered a broken front rim with bent forks, Lancer had its engine tilted and resting on road with all fluids down on road, bumper was crumpled and so was the hood, windshield was cracked, airbags had not popped although am not sure about if that Lancer had airbags. Even if it had airbags, it wouldn't have activated due to point of impact. I was like because I was standing by the side of road and RE had crossed me at quite good speeds, just 100meters before ramming into Lancer.

So in my opinion, the Baleno has taken all the brunt and maybe because of which the RE fellow suffered less damage. Picture a Bolero instead of Baleno and I shudder thinking of its aftermath.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks