Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2017, 13:36   #24946
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
The vehicle that rear ends you in such a situation as above is at fault is a rule that is not thought or brought up by even the cops. Sad to see the Elantra driver and the 2 wheeler guy harrassing him.

"Your fault for braking suddenly", is the commonly used phrase by such people.
[/b]
The sad part is our police officers do not take a stand on these rear ending cases - unless you are equally strong or powerful than the ones who says "your fault for braking suddenly" So the general public is under the impression that they can claim money/get away when there is a rear ending accident.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 6th November 2017 at 13:37.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 14:09   #24947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
A regular occurrence in Pune.

The people in the elantra seem to be a local gaonwala/politico community who will definitely take a lot of money from the swift guy for no fault of his
Not just Pune. The whole country. Full of rogues and scoundrels on roads. You can be thrashed for no fault of yours. Just as the Swift guy almost is. Pathetic people, their pathetic lives and their pathetic behavior. People itch to get into fight over petty things. It's absolute jungle rule and mayhem on our roads. God help you if you so much as nudge a wrong person or his vehicle even at 1 kmph speed. You can be thrashed in the least to shot dead at the most. That's what things have degenerated to. Mostly two types of goons you will see on roads. Rowdy autorickshaw / cab
/commercial vehicle driver OR rich powerful politician/realtors in their SUVs. Both behave the same. The only difference is that the first type is poor and has nothing to lose and will gang up on you with a rod in hand or with his comrades in tow. And, the second type is super-rich, power-drunk and arrogant and generally travel with 4/5 musclemen in their SUVs who will do all the thrashing for him. You are lucky to survive a road trip in this country. If the accident doesn't get you, these people may. Sorry for my rant but I have seen far too many such rogues in my daily drive once which I have now cut down drastically to prevent my BP from shooting up. And in most cases, the cops take side of these goons. Out of fear from super-rich AND out of sympathy towards the poor commercial vehicle goon.
pgsagar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 15:36   #24948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Seems like that same spot on service road where they have blocked 2 way traffic by placing boulders on Hosur road (between Hosa Road Jn and EC Junciton).
Could be a case of following Google Maps without looking ahead. I say this, because GMaps quite often direct me to take this service road to head to Central jail road from the Springleaf hospital. I wonder why the BTP doesn't place any prominent warning signs a little ahead of the closure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Here's a glimpse of what happens when an idiot biker cuts off a car and thereafter runs away. People with no fault are caught in the battle
I am not surprised. Imagine the scenario if it were a dump truck in place of the Elantra - those imbeciles would've ended up in a terrible state instead of getting all charged up to beat the Swift driver
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 19:46   #24949
BHPian

No info, found these pics at here:

https://www.facebook.com/rushlane/po...54811235536784

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-jeep-compasshonda-city01.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-jeep-compasshonda-city04.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-jeep-compasshonda-city05.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-jeep-compasshonda-city02.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-jeep-compasshonda-city03.jpg
tbppjpr is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 13:26   #24950
Senior - BHPian

Front of the front-door of Honda City (hinge-side) and back of the back-door of Jeep Compass locked horns. Looks like Compass braked suddenly and City grazed past it fast, as in overtaking. Damage seems more on Compass than on City which is surprising, given general muscle of American cars.
Old 7th November 2017, 13:56   #24951
Distinguished - BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-gj_accident.jpg

Quote:
At least 13 people were killed and eight others injured when their jeep rammed into a stationary truck on the Ahmedabad-Indore Highway in Kheda district in the early hours today, the police said.

The family of a labourer and some other residents of Sejawada village in Madhya Pradesh's Alirajpur district were returning home from Dholka near Ahmedabad when the mishap took place around 3 am, an official said.

"The jeep in which they were travelling collided with the stationary truck on Ahmedabad-Indore Highway near Kathlal town of Kheda district," Kathlal police station's sub- inspector A G Rathod said.

"Twelve people, including six women, died on the spot while a child succumbed to injuries in hospital," the SI said. The deceased also included the jeep's driver, he said. The eight injured persons have been taken to a hospital in Kathlal, Rathod said.
Quote:
There were total 25 people, including the driver, in the jeep when the accident occurred, he said.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 15:16   #24952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There were total 25 people, including the driver, in the jeep when the accident occurred, he said.
Holy smoke, even if the cop was exaggerating a bit on the count, how can they pile in more than a dozen humans in a Jeep is just beyond me!!

Though I hate the sight of this, I have seen school kids being dumped into a Maruti Omni, pretty much as inhumanely as chicken are into cages.

I think more than safety features being made mandate on all vehicles, common sense must by engraved into many Indians!!
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 15:48   #24953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Holy smoke, even if the cop was exaggerating a bit on the count, how can they pile in more than a dozen humans in a Jeep is just beyond me!!
That looks like a Trax Cruiser which is a 14 seater from the specs online.
I've seen some of them on the highways and won't be surprised regarding the number of passengers present , although 25 is still way above the capacity of this vehicle.

Last edited by tharian : 7th November 2017 at 15:50.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 16:14   #24954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I think you have not been to rural areas of Rajasthan, UP and MP. Its a common sight there. There are drivers who manage to squeeze 35 people in a Mahindra Commander. You can see people sitting on roof, standing on the footstand. The driver himself sits with his half buttok on the seat and the other half in air. Infact, they are so habitual to this kind of seating that they sit in the same posture even if there is no passanger in the vehicle
Quote:

I think more than safety features being made mandate on all vehicles, common sense must by engraved into many Indians!!
The biggest common sense in a developing country like ours, is money. Human life is cheaper than money in India. That's why such kind of mishap occur. We talk about road safety because we are sure about our survival. But why would someone less priviledged care about safety when he is unable to make both ends meet. He will obviously choose the most economical option for his travel not the safest one.

May the departed souls rest in peace.
Ry_der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 16:29   #24955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
I think you have not been to rural areas of Rajasthan, UP and MP. Its a common sight there. There are drivers who manage to squeeze 35 people in a Mahindra Commander. You can see people sitting on roof, standing on the footstand. The driver himself sits with his half buttok on the seat and the other half in air. Infact, they are so habitual to this kind of seating that they sit in the same posture even if there is no passanger in the vehicle
Ya. I'll vouch for that. I've seen it. It's pretty common back there. So much so that when a bunch of humans get smashed up and die, no one so much as bats an eyelid. It's a given that such things are a part of life there, kind of.

And if you'd go and mention "road safety" in these parts they wouldn't have an inkling what in heaven you're talking about. The concept is totally alien as far as folks in these parts are concerned.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 16:37   #24956
Distinguished - BHPian

No astonishment there at all guys. 25 is way too less for a trax.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-22859918_1211694575602793_8050797294492563688_o.jpg

Apparently this fellow when confronted by my friend ahead said there were 40 altogether and I can easily count more than half hanging out anyway.

Pic courtesy : A friend Manoj Khanna from his FB post. Location was around NCR.

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th November 2017 at 16:51.
paragsachania is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 17:01   #24957
Distinguished - BHPian

When I was a kid, I remember travelling in a HM Trekker which has 30+ people in it.

Front seat - 5
Rear seat - 6 and 3 more in their laps
Last row split seats - 3 each
Roof - 2 people and 2 rice bags of 50 kg each
Hanging garden - 3 on each of 3 sides (except front)

Total = 5+6+3+6+2+9 = 31 and 100 kgs extra

The trekker was much smaller than the Toofan though a seems a bit wider. Thus the Toofan is lot more potential. These Force vehicles are damn fast too and I see them racing with the normal traffic, going up beyond 100 kmph. Sadly though, they are not maintained well, especially the tyres.

OT: Anyone who has been to Arunanchal Pradesh can see a lot of Sumo 3.0L plying on broken mountain roads at good speeds. These Sumos have been modified to have a front facing third row seat. Each row is filled with 5-6 people, sometimes some sitting on laps and the vehicles cover 100s of kms on the mountain roads. Of course, local population usually have a short and thin build (no offence meant).

I have seen quite a few M800 cabs with upto 10 people (the hatch was open and 2 people were hanging in there. In one case, the driver of the cab was sitting in the lap of another passenger and driving the car.

Last edited by ashis89 : 7th November 2017 at 17:04. Reason: Self check
Old 7th November 2017, 17:46   #24958
BHPian

A photo I took in 2012 somewhere near the Goa-Karnataka border:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0543.jpg  

manim is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 17:52   #24959
BHPian

Quote:
No astonishment there at all guys. 25 is way too less for a trax.

Attachment 1693600

Apparently this fellow when confronted by my friend ahead said there were 40 altogether and I can easily count more than half hanging out anyway.

Pic courtesy : A friend Manoj Khanna from his FB post. Location was around NCR.
Before anyone blames these people for traveling dangerously, they're not hanging there for fun or the thrill. It shows how neglected they're when it comes to public transport.
Torqy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 18:37   #24960
BHPian

Quote:
As received on Whatsapp. Seems like that same spot on service road where they have blocked 2 way traffic by placing boulders on Hosur road (between Hosa Road Jn and EC Junciton).
Following the GPS in the night maybe. The service centre is right down the road from this point. Since it's a TN registered vehicle, my guess is they missed NICE exit and took a U Turn into the service lane. Although you have to accelerate real hard to move that boulder by that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Caught on my dashcam on Friday:
Feel bad for the swift driver. Coming from the right to go left has become a common practice for two wheeler drivers, in some cases even 4 wheelers, specially where the right turn is restricted and through traffic is permitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Before anyone blames these people for traveling dangerously, they're not hanging there for fun or the thrill.
Have done the same visiting villages in Gujarat as a student. Looking back, it's just pure madness, but the reality is that there are no other options.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks