Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:35   #39976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
The 2-wheeler guy joins into the main road and looked at the car only after the crash and his fall! Bystanders looked as if they were used to this! Didn't move an inch from their place! Car was a bit too fast, but the driver didn't have enough time to react to this idiot!
Oh Man! That person should go buy a lottery and pray to his God and hug his family after that and maybe just maybe also learn to ride carefully in future!

Dude was extremely lucky not have been a statistic on the road.

As a driver on a straight stretch, i wish we could lay off the accelerator a bit and i hope signs are in place showing a side road up ahead.

i wish, i wish...
deathwalkr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:49   #39977
BHPian

Quote:
The 2-wheeler guy joins into the main road
Biker's head not hitting the road is the main reason for him to be alive and he removes his earphones at the end of the clip.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 13:30   #39978
BHPian

Quote:
The 2-wheeler guy joins into the main road and looked at the car only after the crash and his fall! Bystanders looked as if they were used to this! Didn't move an inch from their place! Car was a bit too fast, but the driver didn't have enough time to react to this idiot!

https://Youtu.be/3MfasVk-YpA?si=IGpNAdABPBTYWjc_
This biker is the dictionary definition of "idiots on the road". He should really thank his stars that he isn't smiling from the skies yet.
IamNikhil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 18:44   #39979
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the really stupid thing: the road is absolutely clear after the car he tries to kill himself with. A few seconds later he could have strolled across the road.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 19:03   #39980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The nonchalant manner of the 2-wheeler rider indicates this is not the first time he has had this experience.

In my 45 years of driving I have not yet deciphered the mind make up of such 2-wheeler riders. Even those who never learnt a single road rule or precaution have a basic instinct for survival. And we all learn self preservation with experience in all walks of life. Yet 2-wheelers riders like this seem to lack even this self taught self preservation.

Is it machismo ingrained so deeply in their psyche? Is it a 'I am the dada of this locality' attitude? Is it the infallibility of youth combined with dollops of stupidity? Is it 'we 2-wheeler wallahs are immune from road rules and the law'.

In India's 2-wheeler riders there is a certain momentum that when I get going I get going no matter what the road, what the traffic, how narrow the gap, what turn indicators are being given by that big truck in front of me.....mine is the indisputable sovereign right to keep ploughing on and cutting lanes with impunity.
V.Narayan is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 19:41   #39981
BHPian

Quote:

This guy is just really lucky. Based on the video, it is pretty clear that he was probably on a call. It could have been his last call.

This trend seems to have increased lately, multi-tasking when driving and not even worried/bothered about what is happening around them.

Just wanted to add another nuisance I experienced first hand during my stay in Tirupathi. I usually go for a walk on the Tirumala bypass road (below the flyover). Lot of two wheelers as well as autos were traveling on the opposite way (wrong direction). Worst part is that most of them were driving quite fast and as a walker, it was quite scary. No remorse of even basic courtesy to slow when a vehicle comes in the opposite direction. Not sure where were a headed.
Satish Pari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 19:45   #39982
BHPian

Not sure who will pay for the damages to the car!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20240302_104501.jpg  

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 20:12   #39983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Not sure who will pay for the damages to the car!
Judging by the screeching brakes and some another noise when the car is out of view I hope the car driver didn't lose complete control and hit something else. For a single road I believe his speed was definitely over the speed limit and that scooter driver is the luckiest guy to escape with little to no bruises. Absolutely amazing how he escaped a near death.

And, in India the car driver always pays for the 2 wheeler riders loss no matter whose fault it is. I have experienced this first hand.

Last edited by harry10 : 2nd March 2024 at 20:13.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 21:09   #39984

Place named Alanthangal near Kanchipuram as per Google street view. As per rough esimation the car was moving at 55Kmph.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p2.jpg

Bike is 100% responsible for the accident - he is entering the main carriageway from a side road, doesn't have clear view of the road due to the bus stop & tree, skips the stop & look in stop-look-proceed, no helmet, was probably talking/ listening on the earphones.

The car couldn't have spotted the biker either considering the blindspot behind the bus stop. Ofcourse, the car could have honked or lifted the foot off the pedal while approaching the junction but it will be too harsh to blame them.

What can the govt do? Speed-breaker in the side road, convex mirror (it's of no use in high speeds though), install those posts with blinking red/ amber led lights, suspend the DL of the bike rider.
Fawlty is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 08:06   #39985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
The nonchalant manner of the 2-wheeler rider indicates this is not the first time he has had this experience.

Is it machismo ingrained so deeply in their psyche? Is it a 'I am the dada of this locality' attitude? Is it the infallibility of youth combined with dollops of stupidity? Is it 'we 2-wheeler wallahs are immune from road rules and the law'.
You said it in your very second word, "Nonchalance". The "it won't happen to me" syndrome. Time and again, we see people indulging in stupid behaviour - barrelling down a 4-lane highway in the opposite direction on the fast lane with lights on, as though that's supposed to magically transport us to the other lane or to another dimension, jumping across through a broken median amidst a clump of bushes, random directional changes, etc.

Even otherwise indulging in stupid and reckless behaviour like getting out of cars to take selfies with wild elephants, trying to pet or feed deer, trekking in wildlife areas with no permissions or guides, shouting and screaming on sighting wildlife, the new Instagram and YouTube vloggers who tell you about the "must-see" destinations this weekend, with utter disregard to everything around. The kind of trash that we generate is sickening - beer bottles, plastic bottles, wrappers, food. But no one cares.

There's absolutely no sense of responsibility or ownership. And there's no sense of self-preservation or thought to the family waiting at home. It's nonchalance at its absolute best.

City riders are always in a hurry, while rural folks do their own thing, like the olden days when they would sleep on their carts, and the oxen bring them home with no need for guidance.

My son, who's a fairly new rider, gets bullied or shouted at, if he doesn't squeeze through two cars at a traffic signal and prefers to stay behind them. He holds his ground though.

Economic disparity, education (the right kind), living standards, politics, everything plays a role.
discoverwild is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 09:31   #39986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawlty View Post
As per rough esimation the car was moving at 55Kmph.
Even visually, the car was at a higher speed. If you check the time the car took from the signboard far in the distance to the actual accident place, that's close to 90m (based on maps) that the car drove in 4s. That is close to 80Kmph. It is on the higher side for such a road.

However, the fault for the accident is 100% with the scooter driver here.
Old 3rd March 2024, 10:41   #39987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitthebest View Post

the small carrier on the centre lane decides to take the right lane without indicating or any need to go in that lane.
As the saying goes, "Horn OK please". I would've just honked a little to indicate my presence before passing!
buzzy_boy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 10:46   #39988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitthebest View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=6PjxKNpHyYA

As she tries to go back to extreme right lane which is supposed to be the overtaking as well as faster lane, the small carrier on the centre lane decides to take the right lane without indicating or any need to go in that lane.
I feel your vehicle was also at fault here equally. If your intention was to move to the extreme right, you should have switched to the right lane at 15:39:35 or 36th second. Crash happened at 39th second. That's the reason it is always advisable to keep atleast 2 seconds gap.
2nd_gear_7krpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 11:58   #39989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
The owner agreed to reimburse expenses post insurance claim as Hyundai says headlight assembly will cost 43k(parts alone)
Why would you ask for reimbursement for a fault that's not of the truck owner?

The MV Act distinctly mentions that the vehicle rear-ending another vehicle is one hundred percent at fault.

I don't agree with this.

Last edited by Samurai : 3rd March 2024 at 12:45. Reason: Toning down
McQueen is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd March 2024, 12:43   #39990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Why would you ask for reimbursement for a fault that's not of the truck owner?
This is funny; if a car reverses into you will you be still at fault as per MV act?

Please share your esteemed knowledge by sharing the exact quote from the MV act you are referring to. Let us see how distinctly it is mentioned.

Last edited by Samurai : 3rd March 2024 at 12:46.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks