Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2024, 05:59   #40051
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Sorry, there is no shoulder in that road (Chennai Bypass)
I was talking about the black car in the video which I had posted and that's NICE Road,Bengaluru where people drive like crazy on the road shoulder.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post5734310 (Accidents in India | Pics & Videos)
chaitanyakrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 10:20   #40052

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
TIL. For reference the relevant section from the MVDR

Attachment 2581740
Thanks a lot for this @anandhsub. I wanted a confirmation that overtaking from left in a multi lane highway is possible, logical, and the right thing to do provided the conditions mentioned exist.
CarCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 10:25   #40053
BHPian

Video links:
Front cam:
https://www.kapwing.com/videos/65ec301ede9a0c59fa52b5ae

Rear cam:
https://www.kapwing.com/videos/65ec3086adb5f244da639ef1[/quote]

OMG !! that was a close call, after watching the video I thought the biker came under your car tires. Glad that you braked on time and also have to appreciate the Baleno guy maintaining a safe distance from you otherwise he would have rear-ended you and you could have hit biker
Old 11th March 2024, 11:00   #40054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Another Incident where a Creta who is at high speed on a highway, tried to dodge an auto taking U turn and crashed into a nearby restaurant.
That is a serious impact! Did they even brake or was it a moot point due to the speed?

Just thinking if highway shops should start installing safety bollards in front to prevent damages like this.
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 14:08   #40055
BHPian

A mini-tempo skids and tumbles-over onto a Tata Altroz parked on the side of the road. The Altroz's rear glass is shattered to pieces. Thankfully there were no occupants. The tempo driver climbs out from the rear passenger side as people gather around.

IamNikhil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 18:03   #40056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
Rear wheel detaches from Hero Vida, resulting in fatal accident for its rider.
Screen shots taken from the above YouTube video.
Tragic.
We had heard several cases of Ola scooters breaking up. Wonder why this incident did not gather enough attention.
As a rider there's hardly anything once can do to prevent an accident. Only preventive measure is to pad up to the best extent possible.
whitewing is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 12:50   #40057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitthebest View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=6PjxKNpHyYA

If you observe our dash cam video, my wife was doing 100+ KMPH coolly on our way to Bangalore from Pune two years back. She even overtook the truck from left side as the guy is driving on extreme right side since it comes in our vision. As she tries to go back to extreme right lane which is supposed to be the overtaking as well as faster lane, the small carrier on the centre lane decides to take the right lane without indicating or any need to go in that lane.

Experts of team bhp, while it is clear that this accident happened because of mistakes from both drivers, can ADAS save us from this type of accidents? If yes, what would be ADAS's course of corrective action in this scenario? Brake early or move to right?

I do not have ADAS car right now, but I want to buy in future. So, learning about ADAS to understand better. Thank you.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 13:40   #40058
BHPian

I faced some issues today while driving

DustyWanderer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 13:54   #40059
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Experts of team bhp, while it is clear that this accident happened because of mistakes from both drivers, can ADAS save us from this type of accidents? If yes, what would be ADAS's course of corrective action in this scenario? Brake early or move to right?

I do not have ADAS car right now, but I want to buy in future. So, learning about ADAS to understand better. Thank you.
ADAS makes you a much better driver.

If I try such a move, my Verna will start flashing red lights on the console with very loud alarm bells.

In this particular case, I am pretty sure it would have slammed the brakes very hard to avoid impact.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 16:01   #40060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyWanderer View Post
You mean you created some issues while driving?

Moment that biker went ahead of you it is your responsibility to stay away and let him pass, your front bumper - your mistake. Even though the biker may have been a douche in coming so near your car, you back off.

PS - If that tone is keeping cool, you may want to go down a notch to 'cooler'.

Last edited by svsantosh : 12th March 2024 at 16:04.
svsantosh is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 16:03   #40061

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyWanderer View Post

https://Youtu.be/Bvj35C1ilUs?si=HF0_RuchVmRsXj87
You really kept your cool.. In fact, I was wondering how come you are so cool and didn't check about any damages to your car bumper.
BlackStallion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 16:32   #40062
BHPian

Dear Dusty wanderer - The second one - sorry to say - was your own doing. I don't know how this road is, but any traffic on the right has the right of way.
Manoj2268 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 16:46   #40063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Moment that biker went ahead of you it is your responsibility to stay away and let him pass.
Agree. In a slow moving, jam packed traffic, many two wheeler riders tend to squeeze in through every inch of gap that opens up on the road. So it's imperative that a four wheeler driver is cautious, alert and a tad bit defensive in this regard.

I noticed that the motorcycle rider was speaking in native Kannada. That's one of asserting "This is my city. You better watch it". If the car driver had replied in Kannada, the matter would have tended to diffuse much quicker as these sort of minor contacts keep happening very frequently in such crowded roads.

To the car driver's defence was the dash cam that ended any escalation. When I am driving a car in such heavy traffic, and when there are 2 wheelers around, I tend to be extremely defensive in my driving as one cannot predict the rider's maneuvering intention. What I do is to keep tight gap behind another 4/6 wheeler without leaving sufficient gap for a two wheeler to squeeze in. If there's a gap, it's given that a 2 wheeler rider will squeeze in the space. I see it happen all the time. Then more 2 wheeler riders squeeze in and you lose the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Dear Dusty wanderer - The second one - sorry to say - was your own doing. I don't know how this road is, but any traffic on the right has the right of way.
It's just that if he had come out of the car, the traffic would have been blocked, commuters would get more annoyed and matter would have escalated. Moreover the impact was negligible and so it was evident that the car possibly didn't suffer any damage.

If it's a minor contact especially on a heavy traffic road, don't get down from the car, diffuse the situation and move on. It's not worth the time and effort.

Last edited by ashkamath : 12th March 2024 at 16:55.
ashkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 16:59   #40064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
You mean you created some issues while driving?

Moment that biker went ahead of you it is your responsibility to stay away and let him pass, your front bumper - your mistake. Even though the biker may have been a douche in coming so near your car, you back off.

PS - If that tone is keeping cool, you may want to go down a notch to 'cooler'.
Yes, it is true that the fault lies with both the motorcyclist and myself, but if you look carefully, I have kept some gap between myself and the tata Ace after I saw the motorcyclist pushing towards left on to my lane and when he braked for some small strips/bumps present on the road, I misjudged my bonnet length and nudged him a little. Hence the damage to both were minimal.

Maybe the tone of my voice was a bit loud, but throughout the whole situation, I was gently smiling at him which de-escalated the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStallion View Post
I was wondering how come you are so cool and didn't check about any damages to your car bumper.
Thank you for your comment. Throughout the whole situation I was smiling gently at him because I don't want to escalate this matter further and I wanted to continue my journey towards my home where my family awaits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Dear Dusty wanderer - The second one - sorry to say - was your own doing.
Yes, some fault lies with me as well for not keeping the safe distance with the motorcycle at front, but if you look carefully, I was closely following the Tata Ace at front, until I saw this motorcyclist trying to join forcefully into my lane and so I distanced myself from the ace. After seeing him make this move, I slowed down and waited for him to complete the move which he did not.

Then when the motorcyclist braked for some small strips/bumps on road, I misjudged the bonnet space and nudged him a little. The impact was very small.

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th March 2024 at 14:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
DustyWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 18:15   #40065
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

My guess is that the motorcylist was exactly at the A-pillar blindspot the moment he decided to dink left.
venkyhere is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks