Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 21:02   #7951
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Note from Moderator: Please keep the discussion the this thread limited to Pictures of Accidents in India. Any further off topic posts will be deleted and suitable action will be taken. Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 21:11   #7952
BHPian

Reposting the pics as my post was deleted.
This happened on NH44 (as usual ) last month when the palio apparently flew off the road in the dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-260220113612.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-260220113614.jpg  

Old 24th April 2011, 00:09   #7953
Senior - BHPian

Saw a bad case of a red Swift running over the divider in rains.
Culprit: Unmarked dark evil low lying divider.

The car had traveled quite a bit on the divider with the wheels of the car on either side of the divider.
Old 24th April 2011, 10:27   #7954
BANNED

Saw this on the Hyderabad- Vijaywada stretch. On the kanchikcherla bypass road.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident1.jpg  

Old 25th April 2011, 08:13   #7955
BHPian

on my return drive from cochin to BLr yesterday, I could see atleast 3 accidents involving bangalore bound (KA registered) cars on NH 47.

First was after karumathampatty where in a construction truck side sweeped the left door of a NHC.

Second one involved an esteem which (I think) was T boned with another vehicle crossing the NH.

Third accident, couldn't see the vehicle but saw some onlookers displaying a broken KA registration board.

Other than the first accident, remaining ones were on the NH after changalppally) and the first one happened in a deviation for the construction.
Old 25th April 2011, 09:32   #7956
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this MH-01 registered Toyota Corsa totalled outside my college in southern Tamil Nadu.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0205.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0206.jpg  

Old 25th April 2011, 12:10   #7957
BHPian

Saw a minor accident in the Krishnagiri - Hosur section yesterday evening where a Indigo seemed to have back-ended another car.
It was raining heavily and may be this guy rammed into a slow-moving car on the right-lane! I could see some big dents on both the cars but nothing major to suggest anything serious!
Old 26th April 2011, 07:19   #7958
BHPian

Omni–Gas Tanker Collision Kills Five on Spot

In a head-on collision between gas tanker and omni that occurred on the national highway 48 near Periyashanthi near Nellyadi here on Saturday April 23 afternoon, five were killed and six injured. The condition of two among injured is said to be critical.The deceased have been identified as Krishnan of Salem (tanker driver) Guruprasad Bhat (Omni driver), Bhoja Shetty, Rathi Shedthi and Shambhavi Shetty. The gas tanker was plying from Mangalore to Bangalore, while the residents of Moodbidri, who were traveling in omni had been on a pilgrimage to Subrahmanya and were returningAmong the deceased, four were in omni and one was the tanker driver. After colliding with omni, the tanker turned turtle and the tanker driver was crushed beneath the tanker. The accident occurred at around 1.30 pm. Bhoja Shetty and Rathi Shedthi with their family members were on a pilgrimage.

The injured have been brought in three ambulances and admitted to various hospitals including AJ Hospital in Mangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mel_230411_acc1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mel_230411_acc2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mel_230411_acc5.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mel_230411_acc6.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mel_230411_acc7.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mel_230411_acc8.jpg  

Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 07:54   #7959
Senior - BHPian

^^
Dont think the accident above is a mere collision. Looking at the damage I am guessing the tanker has in fact ran over the Sumo creating a crater in the middle of that sort.
and by the looks of it dont think any one from the Sumo would have survived. May thier soul RIP.

But not sure whose fault it is. Looks like Sumo must have been over taking someone..
Old 26th April 2011, 07:56   #7960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
^^
Dont think the accident above is a mere collision. Looking at the damage I am guessing the tanker has in fact ran over the Sumo creating a crater in the middle of that sort.
and by the looks of it dont think any one from the Sumo would have survived. May thier soul RIP.

But not sure whose fault it is. Looks like Sumo must have been over taking someone..
Sumo ?? it was a maruti Omni! seven seater carrying 10 people!
Old 26th April 2011, 10:33   #7961
BHPian

Yesterday, while returning from Coorg, I saw an accident near Rajarajeshwari college on Bangalore-Mysore highway. It seemed like a pedestrian was hit by an Indicab. Saw the person lying on the road, some 10 ft in front of the car and there were some people gathered around the accident site. Couldn't stop as it was around 10 pm. Anybody has any info on this?
Old 26th April 2011, 12:19   #7962
BHPian

hey Sunilrj, guess we missed each other by few minutes. Our vehicle was the 4nd at that line.

few pics of the same (removed the bodies as its not appropriate to be shown)

I could see 3 bodies stuck in the vehicle and 2 lying outside. Police and ambulance were already informed by the locals and the road were blocked. lucky to avoid the road block.
locals did not let us be there as the LPG was leaking real badly. The sound of gas leaking was scary.

One of the worst accident ive seen in my life.

Mods: remove pics if inappropriate.

PS: The coke truck accident was on the ghat while coming.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110423-13.09.20.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110423-13.09.23.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110423-13.09.25.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110423-13.10.20.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110423-13.10.26.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110423-13.10.29.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110424-15.32.57.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110424-15.33.00.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110424-15.33.05.jpg
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 14:11   #7963
Senior - BHPian

I drove on that stretch on Sunday afternoon. I saw the tanker, but did not notice the Omni.

Now that this stretch is good, people drive rashly. The road is clearly marked with no overtaking zones. Yet, people ignore it. That is because people don't know that a solid white line means no overtaking is allowed. In fact, I even saw a Getz with the 'I Drive Safe' sticker being driven this way. It would have been nice if he had followed me while I was following a bus in no-overtaking zone.

If at all this guy is a BHPian, I wanna slap him. Because he broke the rule not just once, but kept repeating it.

And I also saw the coke truck, and it was exactly the way it is in this photo, with as many people shifting the boxes. I wonder what kinda progress they made in 24 hours!!
Old 26th April 2011, 15:00   #7964
Senior - BHPian

Had the tanker driver survived ,he would have been arrested for rash and negligent driving.No one would have blamed the Omni driver for having 10 passengers in a cramped tin box meant for 8 people !

As rohanjf said ,this is a no overtaking zone,but I have hardly seen drivers understand these signs ,forget about following them !!

The 100 odd kms after the ghat till mangalore is very fast but is very tricky with most HCV drivers taking racing lines .I have observed that most accidents happen when drivers dont anticipate the possibility of an oncoming vehicle on the wrong lane from the opposite side on a blind corner .

Almost every corner on this road has tire skid marks on both directions indicating either a crash or a near miss
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 16:21   #7965
BHPian

If you observe the picture, the tanker is on the wrong side and not omni and the truck was on a down hill as that point in time . Looks like truck over took when omni was coming from the other side and his it head on.

One needs to be experienced to drive on this stretch as accidents are a very common sight there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks