Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 21:41   #7066
Senior - BHPian

Badly bruised facelifted i10. Blueline hit.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo1382.jpg  

Old 15th November 2010, 22:51   #7067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Thank God the car was aimed at the stairs. Else it would have taken a plunge at one of the shops below. It happens, new drivers misjudge the brake and press the accelerator to everyone's horror.
That may be true and also there is an incline so may be the driver panicked when the car started rolling back and hit the accelerator hard thinking it was the brake pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
How on earth did they get the driver side door opened with the stair pillar blocking it. was the door open when this happened ?
I am not sure how they could open it. May be the driver tried to jump out of the car as soon as it started going back and opened the door before it climbed the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
this takes the cake! i mean, those are stairs not a flat surface also at about say, 35 deg angle and to think how much acceleration would have been required to get the car up there!! once the lady hit the first step, would she have realised it?

further proof to keep away from L-board drivers!
Really can't understand how it happened, with those 12" wheels that should be tough to even climb one or two steps and this went all the way up and stopped as though it is on a draw ( diwali bumper draw ?? )
Old 15th November 2010, 22:56   #7068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
This Happened on NH17 at Margao - Panjim Highway.

The truck was trying to unload the mud for highway expansion.
A funny thing about this accident, before this truck was supposed to unload I passed by that road and commented to my dad in the car how clean the truck was and while coming back along the same route minutes later I see the truck high in the air.....
Old 15th November 2010, 23:08   #7069
BHPian

This happened my house last year. And that's not a drainage. Its irrigation canal and was closed. The guys were lucky.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08062009002.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08062009003.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08062009001.jpg  

Old 15th November 2010, 23:41   #7070
Senior - BHPian

Care to tell us what transpired here ^^ ? The car seems to be too far off from the bridge to imagine something outrageous. Did it actually fly off the bridge or someone was using a detour ?
Old 16th November 2010, 00:02   #7071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Care to tell us what transpired here ^^ ? The car seems to be too far off from the bridge to imagine something outrageous. Did it actually fly off the bridge or someone was using a detour ?
you see the car actually was passing through the service road (not so wide) where the boy is standing and was negotiating an on coming bike when it tipped and rolled into the canal. it landed on its side. people further rolled it on its wheel and more into the center of the canal.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08062009001.jpg  

Old 16th November 2010, 07:21   #7072
BHPian

The roof appears damaged too. Seems like the car rolled over also. Wonder if the occupants managed to escape without getting their feet wet!!!
Old 16th November 2010, 21:16   #7073
BHPian

An over speeding FIGO shunted in a truck from back. No casualties. Vehicle is (now was) brand new.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0039.jpg  

Old 16th November 2010, 22:52   #7074
BHPian

Glad to know that occupants of Figo are safe.

As a car lover, I feel bad when due to negligence of driver, especially in excitemnet of new car, the car meets this fate.

And there will be some comments that car is "manhoos" & etc. I wonder why the poor car is made scape goat? Feel good that the car saved you, rather.
Old 16th November 2010, 23:31   #7075
BHPian

ouch, that is one hit the new figo took,
glad to know that the occupants were safe.

if i am not wrong this is the exi model without airbags?
Old 17th November 2010, 00:11   #7076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_or_die View Post
And there will be some comments that car is "manhoos" & etc. I wonder why the poor car is made scape goat?
Not the car, but, the money with which the car has been bought has a lot to do with the fate it and its occupants meet. If you know what I mean.
Old 17th November 2010, 11:01   #7077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
if i am not wrong this is the exi model without airbags?
Yes. There was no airbags in car.

This section of NH 8 (Jaipur – Kishangarh: 90 kms) has came in Golden Quadrilateral scheme and constructed in 6 lane in2004 (previously it was only 2 lanes) and it was difficult to engage 5th gear in car. So the people here compare this as Mumbai-Pune expressway (whereas this is not built as expressway. This is the road section where film star GOVINDA’s family met with an accident few years ago) and behave like that. This is totally a case of driver’s carelessness but FIGO proved the solid build quality, for which the FORD known. Eye witnesses were telling that at the time of shunt the rear portion of car lifted in air and fallen on ground again.

Actually the credit goes to truck. There was a rear crush bar in truck that saved the persons.
Old 17th November 2010, 11:42   #7078
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post

Actually the credit goes to truck. There was a rear crush bar in truck that saved the persons.

Whats a rear crush bar? Can you post a pic?

Thanks
Old 17th November 2010, 11:57   #7079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post

Thanks
Raghul, it is safety bar which is welded at the back side of the truck. It helps in rear ending vehicles to stop there itself rather than going below the truck and also helps in people climbing into the truck. It is safety item for all the low slung cars IMO.
Old 17th November 2010, 12:32   #7080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Thanks
The crash bar was made mandatory for trucks in Delhi (and a few other northern states) quite a while ago. This has saved many lives. There was a study in England (I believe) which concluded that a simple lowered bar which prevents cars from going underneath the rear of a truck saves lives, as the loading bay of the truck nearly always decapitates the car (and therefore - occupants).

This is a cheap and simple safety feature which I have not seen in Karnataka or the southern states. Seems pretty silly that something as simple and cheap as this should be ignored.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks